Voigt Wins 100 lapper

Classic Battle

The first 50 laps was as good as it gets between Korte & Voigt and once Mark got to the front he pretty much held a comfortable lead the last 50 laps.

Again great job and awesome trophy.

I heard before that Korte was heading to Belleville, I thought maybe he would change his mind and follow the Illinois speedweeks. Wonder if this means he will be at Highland tomorrow night??

Mods & Sportsman

Bittle won the mods & Bauman won the Sportsman.

I think the mods went Bittle, Mevert, Hoffman, England.

I am sure someone will have the complete results soon, still cleaning the dirt out of my clothes............

Showstopper you beat me to it. Way to go Mark Voigt and Gator! You guys got what it takes at Belleville for sure! It was a nice 100 lap feature and there were many highlights. How about Frankie Martin coming from the back to capture 3rd and how about John Lansford #42 keeping up with Randy Korte and Frankie Martin the entire final 75 laps or so. Great job John on your 4th place in the 100 lapper.

RacerRod

Great run for Frankie! Man he was flying up through the field! I didn't agree with the call he got in the heat race(just my opinoin) but he rebouded well to come from the back to the front in the feature!

Good job Mark! Did you know that on the 33rd lap his power steering went out!?

and Good job Frankie! second to last start and ending 3rd! and that was a bad call on the heat race.

Bad Call??

didnt make it to belleville had to work:(.....what happend in the heat that was such a bad call.............great job frankie 3rd not to bad from starting 2nd to last must of been moving......good luck at highland ill be there to cheer ya on....... :D

Martin Heat Race

Someone will have to help me if I got this wrong, but Martin started more are less in the back of the heat race, was coming to the front and I think he was trying to pass for the lead. He got in alittle deep/hard into turn 1 and had the car as for sideways to right as I have every seen anyone go and still save it and went on, during this process of the save several cars stacked up behind him and caused a caution. When it was all over they said Martin caused the caution and sent him to the back. I think there might have been only a few laps left at that point and couldn't make it back to the front.

Korte was the point leader for IL Speedweeks and skipped that? North/South this weekend and he skipped that too? What gives? Pretty cool though that he was at Belleville, wish I could've seen that! WTG Frankie, nice run from the back!

ty show stopper

yea it does sound like a bad call........bad luck for the 25 team as they seemed to be very fast........did they have a shot to win......if this call wasnt made???

70b5racing

Its hard to bet against Frankie at Belleville, I would say by time the feature came around the 30, 00, and 25 were the best 3 cars. Voigt looked as good as I have ever seen him at Belleville. I thought that Korte looked pretty good, for not racing (or never) racing at Belleville before. As the night went on I thought that if the 00 ever got in front it was going to be over, but as the 00 moved to the front in the feature, the 30 was in his shadow the whole way and once they got to be one-two it was apparent that the 30 car was the class of the field. I also believe that Frankie (being more familiar w/ Belleville) was better in traffic than Korte, Korte was fast, but cautious.

Nobody had anything for Voigt; anytime a racer can lap Don Klein twice at Belleville--not to mention putting a lap on Dick Taylor 3 TIMES--you know they've absolutely CHECKED OUT.

I also found it remarkable how little attrition there was for a race of that length. :)

Great job Mark. That has to be one of the best shows that I have ever seen. Still shaking my head about the call on Frankie, I guess if you slow and they backup and stop it is your fault? Had that call not been made, Frankie might have won the heat, dash and feature, or at least not have had to run the consi and started at mid pack in the field. Anyhow enough of that, again Great race Mark. And my hat is off to Allied for running a smooth show. I was concerned that we wouldn't get to see all of the races as I had to be back in Greenville to work at midnight. Left the track as soon as the checkered dropped on th LM Feature and made it in time.

Earlier In That Heat Race John Paule Got Sideways On The Front Stretch And Frankie Hit Him And Spun. Paule Kept Going And Frankie Stopped. Both Went To The Back. The 2nd Incident Was Practically The Same Only This Time Frankie Got Completely Sideways And The #27 Got Into And Spun. Frankie Kept Going And The #27 Stopped. Frankie Went To The Back And The #27 Went Out. So, Same Call On Both Situations. People Want Officials To Be Consistant.

But wasn't there another car involved in the 2nd incident? I think the number 44 was stopped in turn 2 and he got his spot back.

Back