What do you think is goning to happen at Pevely??

How is Pevely going to turn out?

• The track is going to be GREAT!!!

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • The track is going to be the same.

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • The track is going to be worse.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • It doesn't matter I am still going/not going.

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters

RaceGuy99

I am just wondering what you think is going to happen at Pevely. Also what has been happening at Pevely lately? Anything new and exciting to tell us? I am anxious to see how the track will do. Well see you at the races!

Whats Happing At Pevely

Funny you should ask they just this week put in a sewer line and are putting in a water line (the weather stoped it) and will be building a new building on the hill by the front gate which will be RESTROOMS , Concession stand , front gate entrance ,and VIP tower the building will be built soon hopefully before season starts but deffiantly this summer the building will not be finshed ie.. concessions,tower untill later the main concern is to get the bathrooms finshed FIRST ( here that Lisa)

Sounds good! I guess the city finally got on the ball and got the lines run out to the track so this could get done. This should make a lot of people happy now. Are there any other notable improvements going on this year, besides the new dirt on the track?

I thought those grandstand side concessions, restrooms, ect were already good enough. I guess they will have to make them great to improve on how they were. I still would like to see one or two portable bathrooms at the pit gate, and a couple or so by the current outside pit area bathroom. There are not alot of things to improve on at I-55, it would take a lot of nit-picking to find a one page list of things that need changed.

I BELIEVE YEAR BEFORE LAST THEY HAD TO CANCEL A COUPLE WEEKS DUE TO HIGH WATER. REASON I REMEBER, I WENT OVER TO TCS TO SEE MY BUDDY BERT CHEATHAM RACE. OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE BEEN AT I55!

THE ROAD GOING INTO THE TRACK(HERKY-HORINE) IS WHAT GETS FLOODED. THE TRACK ITSELF DOESN'T GET FLOODED. THE ONLY POSSIBLE CURE I COULD SEE TO THAT WOULD BE TO ELEVATE THE ROAD, OR TO HAVE AN EXIT RAMP FROM THE HIGHWAY. BOTH WOULD COST QUITE A BIT OF MONEY. I THINK THATS A PROBLEM WE'LL HAVE TO LIVE WITH.

I BELIEVE THE DEAL ON AN EXIT RAMP WAS...... THE STATE WOULD DONATE THE LAND, AND I55 WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR THE REST.......CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG?? IF ANYONE KNOWS!

Dirttracker

GREAT NEWS Dirt Tracker ( thanks for letting me know ) .... Are the bathrooms by the playground getting done at the same time? Is that correct to assume? Us girls are gonna need hooks on the door to hang our jarckets/ purses nice locks and a Cup holder ( larger than normal so my big cup fits) :eek: And if you 'd like I can come by and help pick the new paint scheme and border!!!!
:D ;)

Lisa

sounds like a good deal!!!!!its always been one of the finest tracks in the midwest and this just makes it even better!!!!!

Not to change the subject, but what is being built on the hill in the trees by the track. I thought maybe Kenny was building something there. If someone can tell me that would be great Thanks.

I heard each new resident of that subdivision is required to sign a release acknowledging that the track was there first, and that the tracks operations would continue as normal, regardless of the subdivision.

Originally posted by moonflow
I heard each new resident of that subdivision is required to sign a release acknowledging that the track was there first, and that the tracks operations would continue as normal, regardless of the subdivision.

I SURE HOPE SO!!! PEOPLE ALWAYS SEEM TO MOVE IN ON OUR TRACKS, AND THEN WANT THE TRACKS TO MOVE OUT.:mad:

I think Kenny and Ray have quite a bit of pull with the City of Pevely so hopefully if anybody ever trys to cause any trouble the cily will side with the track!!!!!!

Re: Dirttracker

Originally posted by dirtgirl
And if you 'd like I can come by and help pick the new paint scheme and border!!!!
:D ;)

Lisa

I got a paint scheme for ya Lisa..... paint pitdrifter's face on the inside of all the stall doors.

What do you think Andy?:D

Originally posted by PITDRIFTER
THE ROAD GOING INTO THE TRACK(HERKY-HORINE) IS WHAT GETS FLOODED. THE TRACK ITSELF DOESN'T GET FLOODED.

In 1993 our company was resurfacing the starting lines and water pits for the drag strip. On the last day of the job the flood water was chasing us up the strip all day. That's where the outside pit area is now.

Re: Re: Dirttracker

Originally posted by Racer14K
I got a paint scheme for ya Lisa..... paint pitdrifter's face on the inside of all the stall doors.

What do you think Andy?:D

HMMMMM!!! Might just do that!!! That's one way to scare the piss out of you!!!! :eek: :eek:
Sorry Andy I just could not resist!!!!! ;) :D

Back