Who is the MCS tech inspector?

Well.....

Well, if you guys would attend a meeting, we could get this straight. I have tried to discuss this with some of the members in the past, it got NOWHERE!!! First of all, we need someone willing to do it.....and someone that you ALL feel comfortable doing it, obviously since Mel doesn't want any part of it. I would prefer Mel do it, or have an official do it, but it looks like that won't be happening. Who do you guys have in mind????? Anyone volunteering? I need your help on this just as much as you guys all want answers. I knew this would be a problem (possibly) sooner or later. PLEASE, ANY SUGGESTIONS???? I have talked with someone, but I wanted to know what the opinions/suggestions/thoughts were of the rest of the MCS gang.

Crystal

we will need some one that would be there every week shannon and I can't make it every week I belive that any of the MCS guys could make a good tech man... all of you guy's are knowelgable for that :):)

I suggest Joe Trendle, he has been the tech man
for MCS in the past and is qualified...I talked to him
last week & he was very interested...His only concern
was the teching of his son's car...I had explained to him
that in the past when this came up the tech man would
step aside and let someone else do it...He is there EVERY
week, which is also a very important part of the tech job..

sounds like a good canidate Bob... yes there needs to be somebody there every week to watch little things...he could have somebody like one of the duck trio or jack look at his boy's car...

I Agree

Sounds like a good candidate to me. If Joe is willing you all can always step in if his son's car needs to be inspected. We ( the RAMS ) have " NO elected tech men ". At DRR Bobby has his own tech men so we didnt need to worry about that. And at MCS, we have discussed getting someone from up there to do it but havent had enough of the members up there to help make a final vote at a meeting. So, we didnt elect anyone for Tech positions this year. Im sure this is a subject that Crystal will be discussing at our meeting Sunday, so PLEASE if you want a say in what happens at our meetings, try to attend......... LD :)

Id be willing to do it. Bob called me and ill be going to the meeting with him. I will say although i did the tech at MCS im not very familiar with the 4 cyl engines.

HobbieStocksFan said:
Sounds like a good candidate to me. If Joe is willing you all can always step in if his son's car needs to be inspected. We ( the RAMS ) have " NO elected tech men ". At DRR Bobby has his own tech men so we didnt need to worry about that. And at MCS, we have discussed getting someone from up there to do it but havent had enough of the members up there to help make a final vote at a meeting. So, we didnt elect anyone for Tech positions this year. Im sure this is a subject that Crystal will be discussing at our meeting Sunday, so PLEASE if you want a say in what happens at our meetings, try to attend......... LD :)
MMMM I never knew they (tech men) had to be elected every year.....

smokingjoe said:
Id be willing to do it. Bob called me and ill be going to the meeting with him. I will say although i did the tech at MCS im not very familiar with the 4 cyl engines.
not much differnt than a v-8 except 4 less cycl... with no vaccum or cam rule it more a "safety" inspection unless you get a protest ... don't mind the NOS on the side there:eek: :eek: :eek:

Duckdog said:
Joe, Can you tell a stock rod and crank from a aftermarket one? Do you know if a head has been ported or polished? Can you tell if a roller cam is stock or aftermarket? If you answered yes to all these questions you are qualified.

good quiz duck dog :D :D :D any bites on that truck yet?

SMURFBLUE3 said:
MMMM I never knew they (tech men) had to be elected every year.....
you're right Smurf,
Tech man is not an elected position....it is strictly
a volunteer thing and doesn't have a 1 year term..
I would assume if a large percentage of members
were unhappy with our tech people, they could
appoint someone else...We have never ran into this
yet.. I guess if the membership want it to be an elected
position.... We could vote on that also...

Duckdog said:
Thanks Smurf, I have talked to a few folks but I still own it. No serious offers as of yet. No big deal I'll just race every now and then. It is such a tank you can't hardly hurt it. I've been involved in a couple scrapes this year and the funny thing is all it did was scratch the front bumper.
I'll vouch for that....Its a lot tougher than a Mustang II :D :D :D

Yes to all your points, and i know Mell had a carb guage around last year im sure its still there. And all the usually saftey rules are what we really teched along with carbs, clutches UMP Body stuff. Mell was never a promoter that screwed with nit picky rules. I raced with Mell when he drove for many years and teched at MCS 2 years im not new to the game.

joe come sit an talk with me and shannon this sunday......
Duckdog said:
Perfect, Joe you have my vote. Mel also told us that the tech person gets in for free.

better than what I got last year had to pay to tech at the rock
BUT Terry did give me a discounted rate for the pit fee

BAD BOB said:
you're right Smurf,
Tech man is not an elected position....it is strictly
a volunteer thing and doesn't have a 1 year term..
I would assume if a large percentage of members
were unhappy with our tech people, they could
appoint someone else...We have never ran into this
yet.. I guess if the membership want it to be an elected
position.... We could vote on that also...

Thanks Bob I didn't think I had totally lost my mind:eek: :eek:

Back