Who Thinks Brownstown Should Run Steel Blocks?

FIREBALL

Who thinks that Brownstown should try adding steel block late models to their show,they dont have to pay a monster purse and i bet the turn out with drivers.crew and additional fans would pay the purse,,there were 21 or 22 steelblocks at TCS sat and another 16 or 17 at mt vernon,pay $500 or so to win,,,just my thoughts,,,

I think B-town should do out with the team cars and add late models but the only problem is will the track hold up as good?????

i would never want to get rid of a class so i could race at a track,the team cars add more than they take out of the purse any way

I dont think they need steel blocks. I would bet half of the street stocks at Brownstown could out run half of the steel blocks at Granite anyways. If anything I would like to see a few more Sunday races at Brownstown that included like $1500 or $2000 to win Late Models and $300 or $400 for 3rd thru 6th place in street stocks............

I agree with Jimmy and add that Charlie takes care of the classes he has now.If he and the drivers(most anyway) are happy,then leave the regular show alone.Bring the other guys in with support class,pay them good,and have their own show on Sunday.

No steel blocks. Take care of what he has got now. After all I got home at 1:30 a.m. last Friday and I live 3 blocks from the house.

There's a number of Granite City steel block cars that run quite well (i.e. Grondski, Laycock, etc.) at Belleville against "regular" late models. How many guys would run for a smaller purse on Fri. at Fayette Co.?

Jimmy Cummins said:
I dont think they need steel blocks. I would bet half of the street stocks at Brownstown could out run half of the steel blocks at Granite anyways.

Yeah, right! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'll take that bet Jimmy! roflmao!!
Must be some HEAVY fumes in your garage buddy!
Here's one for ya........
I bet my son's Honda 50 can outrun a Harley! BUHAHAHAHAHA

Thats what I was thinking. Billy Laycock hasn't ran there once, but Rumble,Kloos,Kreke, etc. have. But if thats the case Jimmy should strap on a 4 barrell and show em how its done, $750 to win.

Well, 2 years ago I hauled my stock bodied Street Stock down to Calvert City and raced Steel Block Late Models. I was 100% allied legal. I finished 7th out of 16. And if you get out your 3rd grade reading book, I said half of the street stocks could beat half of the steel blocks. I didnt mean the UMP Late Models that won't run with the fast guys. geeeeeeeeeeez

SUNOCO: where do you live? "I live 3 blocks from the house" ????? lol

Jimmy Cummins said:
I didnt mean the UMP Late Models that won't run with the fast guys. geeeeeeeeeeez

JIMMY,
WHY WOULD YOU SLURRRR GUYS WHO CHOOSE TO RUN WHERE THEY HAVE THE BEST CHANCE FOR SUCCESS? IF THEIR BUDGETS DON'T AFFORD THEM THE EQUIPTMENT TO TO WIN(ON MOST NIGHTS)OR EVEN COMPETE AGAINST THE LIKES OF DIXON, KORTE, ECT..... I DON'T BLAME THEM A BIT FOR PICKING THEIR BATTLES WISELY. IT JUST MAYBE WHAT THEY HAVE TO DO TO KEEP THEIR RACE PROGRAM GOING.

I am so sick and tired of this class. If you can't race with the regular late models, then take your car home. I'm sure one of you fools will argue that the steel block class is an economy class. And I will say that there will never be ANYONE that races a late model cheaply, cause they WON'T be competitive. Yea sure lets ruin a good track with too many classes dipping into the nightly payout.

Now you can b!tch and complain all you want, I'm done with this post!!

Jimmy Cummins said:
Well, 2 years ago I hauled my stock bodied Street Stock down to Calvert City and raced Steel Block Late Models. I was 100% allied legal. I finished 7th out of 16. And if you get out your 3rd grade reading book, I said half of the street stocks could beat half of the steel blocks. I didnt mean the UMP Late Models that won't run with the fast guys. geeeeeeeeeeez

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzz........you're fast dude! :p :D
It's all good Jimbo....... just having fun with ya.

DirtTrackin 11, I'm not sure where you are referring to when you say "there", and Laycock may have an aluminum block available, but he has run Granite, as has Vince Grondski.

Flyin Pile, as for the Steel Blocks being an "economy class"--making guys run a cast block doesn't make the class "economical" The only real way to do that is through a tire rule--make guys run the hardest compound tires available. Then the motor thing will take care of itself because racers won't be able to hook up all that horsepower.

Brandon Paul said:
DirtTrackin 11, I'm not sure where you are referring to when you say "there", and Laycock may have an aluminum block available, but he has run Granite, as has Vince Grondski.

Flyin Pile, as for the Steel Blocks being an "economy class"--making guys run a cast block doesn't make the class "economical" The only real way to do that is through a tire rule--make guys run the hardest compound tires available. Then the motor thing will take care of itself because racers won't be able to hook up all that horsepower.
imagine that :D :D

Granite City has only ran what...three nights this year so far with all the rain. The only night I have seen Billy there with his car and aluminum block was on playday. Other then that, I don't know which steel block race I have been watching, but I do not remember seeing Billy out there racing at Granite. I do remember seeing Grondski racing the first night though.

jimmy,my boy,tell you what,i will bring "barney"the purple race car to browns town if charlie will let,me,harrison,the car thats second in points in the sportsman,AND YOU MY BOY,run a short match race,i will put up a "C" note that this piece of purple scum i run will win,mabey not by much,,nothing against harrison,he is a very good driver and has a top notch car,but if we run the cars in their respective "trim" for the sportsman class and the LM class it will be a no-brainer,

Back