Why Doesn't Farmington go UMP????

Why don't they go ump? I think they would add more cars to the A-mods. Especially when i-55 rains out. You may also be able to pull drivers from other tracks that do not have to buy 2 sets of tires(if they run ump). Farmington is the only track I know that runs the IMCA tires.

Because Farmington doesn't care about the support classes. They only care about the sprints. They make terrible calls and tell you if you don't like it leave. They allow blatantly illegal cars to run there and you can either spend tons of money to keep up or quit. This place don't want to hear anything about the rest of these classes they just don't care. Unless its to run in their mudpit when they get too much water on it! Then they would like for you to burn your seven dollar a gallon racing fuel to fix their mistake! Isn't the price of admission to cover the costs of prepping said track?

I think it would be in the tracks best intrest to adopt some sort of sanctioning body wether it be UMP,USRA or USCS my preferance being USRA. Thi would allow them to pull cars from the south and UMP they could draw cars from the north. I think they are probably to close to I 55 to get UMP on a saturday though. I at least think they should open up the tire to the American Racer or go to the UMP A and H only. They are killing thier car count by sticking with the IMCA hoosier as far as I know the next closest track to use that tire only is Batesville and they are IMCA. This really ****s for people like me that are verry close to Farmington but dont want to have to buy tires for one track to go race there a few times a year. If they could get UMP I think that would be the best for business and car count.

I think it would be in the tracks best intrest to adopt some sort of sanctioning body wether it be UMP,USRA or USCS my preferance being USRA. Thi would allow them to pull cars from the south and UMP they could draw cars from the north. I think they are probably to close to I 55 to get UMP on a saturday though. I at least think they should open up the tire to the American Racer or go to the UMP A and H only. They are killing thier car count by sticking with the IMCA hoosier as far as I know the next closest track to use that tire only is Batesville and they are IMCA. This really ****s for people like me that are verry close to Farmington but dont want to have to buy tires for one track to go race there a few times a year. If they could get UMP I think that would be the best for business and car count.

I've been wondering the same things for along time. My guess is, the mod drivers they have now dont want to go UMP cause then that brings all these other guys from out of town in and some big name guys.That will bring tougher competition. Something needs to be done if they ever want car counts to improve. Even the sprint car class..they need to go 360, there's hardly anywhere around the midwest running 410 anymore. If they went 360 they'd pull alot more cars and could even schedule ASCS or USCS to come in a couple times. Why not a USCS sprint and USCS mod show??? Sounds like a win win to me! USMTS??? HELL YES!

i believe hurley was running a 360 last night he won others could do it to ump wouldnt never work tire bill would be to high and car count would go down instead of up

Only 12 are showing now, how could it hurt any. I-55 had 50 mods Saturday for a regular show.

i believe hurley was running a 360 last night he won others could do it to ump wouldnt never work tire bill would be to high and car count would go down instead of up

isn't it better to give something a try rather than do nothing and let classes dwindle down to nothing?

There isn't a 360 weekly track left around. LOS closed, RIS runs once a month, I30 runs every other week. If you limit SFCR to 360ci, you will have less cars. The best thing about SFCR is it is an open sprint track, ci don't matter, they are all just sprintcars.

Don't forget Eagle Raceway was a 360 track and going to 305s now. The sprintcars are doing better this year so leave them alone and Jimmy Hurley was running a 410 that he just got back from his new engine builder. You guys would all be crying if we went to tech motor sprints and just like the other 360 tracks they don't tech them...

I've been wondering the same things for along time. My guess is, the mod drivers they have now dont want to go UMP cause then that brings all these other guys from out of town in and some big name guys.That will bring tougher competition. Something needs to be done if they ever want car counts to improve. Even the sprint car class..they need to go 360, there's hardly anywhere around the midwest running 410 anymore. If they went 360 they'd pull alot more cars and could even schedule ASCS or USCS to come in a couple times. Why not a USCS sprint and USCS mod show??? Sounds like a win win to me! USMTS??? HELL YES!

Are you kidding me? And allow other drivers who are able to whip up on Billy Smith, their poster boy who seems to win nearly every weekend because he has a car owner that builds him a $20,000 engine to put in his mod? Id love to see guys like Harrison and Walsh and Mevert come down to SFCR and and teach Billy a lesson or two. Its why he doesnt leave the porch and go to Pevely because he knows he will get his arse handed to him up there. The BIG DAWGS run at I-55!!!

Yes the #14 car motor is ILLEGAL!!!!Ask Corey and get his answer.It is illegal at Tri City and Pevely also.And even if mr Smith was to race there he would get taken to school quick.Didnt #16 Griffaw come down in April and show him how it was?Mr Smith wants to CRAM Kenny Wallace,And others down everyones windpipe--people are sick of it.So why dont he take his (JAP) engine and hit the road!jmo

Lol this is hilarious! Keep em coming! We're all getting a good laugh! Listen, I work at SFCR as needed, and I was there the night that Billy's motor was checked. It was the 3rd night he was there with his new AMERICAN jap motor. Before the races even started. I was standing right there when the track official came with the result and heard the final answer. He said it is legal. And just for the record, billy did not win that night. And as far as being afraid to get off the porch and run with the "big dawgs", he is one of few guys that appreciates having a racetrack close to home and is loyal to his home track. Anyway, you must not know that billy went to Volusia, climbed in a car that he'd never been in, and went out and set overall fast qualifyer against the best of the best across the country. What it all boils down to is, racing is all he's ever done. It's all he knows. And his "car owner" you speak of?? Billy owns his car. Might wanna study up a little more before you go posting on people. Kinda makes y'all look like idiots when your information is all wrong. Maybe you're fine with that... If so, great. Post away! We'd LOVE to see what you come up with next!!

i am not taking sides in this but until he got the toyota how many races has he won out at farmington just my thoughts i think the car was faster with the mullins motor everyone says it is illegal but no one has said how it is illegal

you say american motor shoot it's over seas parts assembuild here that dose'nt make it american and anybody can set fast time it all depends on when you qulify how many cars temp track prep.

This is quite funny. Farmington isn't a motor track! That's been proven time and time again in both the sprint car class and the modified class as well. It's all about the SETUP. Billy has been racing at sfcr since he was a teenager and guess what, he's been winning that long as well. Billy winning has nothing to do with him running a toyota motor, he will win in just about anything you put him in. Last year he blew his motor after winning the trophy dash, got in the #35 car of billy joe beard, started dead last, which i believe was 18th that night, and ran all the way up to 3rd place in a car that he had never set foot in, and in a car that wasn't setup for him. Face it whether you like the guy or not he can flat setup and drive a modifed!

Yes the #14 car motor is ILLEGAL!!!!Ask Corey and get his answer.It is illegal at Tri City and Pevely also.And even if mr Smith was to race there he would get taken to school quick.Didnt #16 Griffaw come down in April and show him how it was?Mr Smith wants to CRAM Kenny Wallace,And others down everyones windpipe--people are sick of it.So why dont he take his (JAP) engine and hit the road!jmo

You say his motor is illegal can you explain what is illegal about it?

you say american motor shoot it's over seas parts assembuild here that dose'nt make it american and anybody can set fast time it all depends on when you qulify how many cars temp track prep.

Just wanted to clarify a few things. The Toyota motor has been approved to run both at granite city and also was approved to run UMP events. Also, the Toyota motor is 100% American made with all American made parts. It was also assembled in America.

Just wanted to clarify a few things. The Toyota motor has been approved to run both at granite city and also was approved to run UMP events. Also, the Toyota motor is 100% American made with all American made parts. It was also assembled in America.
Cost of the Toyota? is it less than a Mullins? readily available for any local racer? If so cool. I bet its more and is not. Thats bad for local racing.

It is a Chrysler Engineered Toyota Engine, Toyota wasn't smart enough to build a V-8 by itself.

This is quite funny. Farmington isn't a motor track! That's been proven time and time again in both the sprint car class and the modified class as well. It's all about the SETUP. Billy has been racing at sfcr since he was a teenager and guess what, he's been winning that long as well. Billy winning has nothing to do with him running a toyota motor, he will win in just about anything you put him in. Last year he blew his motor after winning the trophy dash, got in the #35 car of billy joe beard, started dead last, which i believe was 18th that night, and ran all the way up to 3rd place in a car that he had never set foot in, and in a car that wasn't setup for him. Face it whether you like the guy or not he can flat setup and drive a modifed!

ESPECIALY from the front row!!!

Back