why is belleville's car count better than godfrey's?

why is belleville's car count better than godfrey's?

• allied has better officials

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • pill draw - time trials

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • godfrey wastes too much time

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • hard to get to after work

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • stronger field at godfrey

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

jaded

cranky old retired racer
the year started out great for godfrey but now theres normally less than 15 cars in the lates and modifieds. on heat and a dash are emarassing!

6. Belleville is just better all around in my opinion! I love going to belleville! Great car counts, awesome racing, great announcing, and usually pretty well ran! I mean hey you guys dont have the Talker Guy! LOL and talking about godfrey having better competetion, there are different winners at Belleville all the time because there is always great competition there! Nothing against Godfrey, but it doesn't sound like things are going very well over there anyways! (just my opinions)

Track conditions (ask Mark Voigt), family atmosphere, good racing in multi-grooves, less damage to cars in most classes, smooth program, great tow track operator, TTG and the statistic guy.

give me a break if godfrey drivers are so dang good bring in on down this weekend 2500 to win for the cherry pickers lmao 13 different winners in 17 nights

Then why don't some of the drivers come to Belle Clair try to claim some easy money? Dixon and Melvin have been here at least one night. What about Martin and Voigt being able to win at Godfrey just to name a few. What about 13 different feature winners in the Late Model class at Belle Clair? Can Godfrey claim that many drivers having a chance to win a feature or is it less than a handful?

At godfrey you have, Dixon, Zobrist, Faust, Collinz, Melvin, and a few others...and they are all very tough to beat but put on a hellova show usually...anyone of them can win..and they are some of the best around, look at the UMP standings and all of them are up there...the competition is good in the latemodels...

With qualifying the more experienced, better drivers/racecars start up front. Guys like Faust Dixon etc are difficult to beat especially when they are up front. At Belle-Vegas pill draw and dash draw very much can affect the outcome of the race.`Belleville has had a better track surface but we enjoy both tracks and will be at Godfrey again next week. Al Kreke

I Agree Nothing Is Stopping Any Of That Tough Competition At Godfrey From Coming To Belleville And Beating Up On The Lesser Comp And Taking The Check.

I Personally Like Belle-clair Better. I Like The Grandstands More. I Like Being Able To Watch From The Infield When In The Pits. The Racing Is Great Most Of The Time. A Good Race Is A Good Race. It Doesn't Matter If Its Dixon And M. Faust Or Frankie Martin And The Hammer Dog. I Like The Track Itself A Whole Lot Better. Getting To Godfrey On Friday Afternon Is A Chore. Not To Mention, I Can Be Home From Belle-clair Before Mid-night.

I Also Think That Martin, Voigt, Kreke, Hammerle Or Standridge Could Win At Godfrey On Any Given Night.

Like I Said, Godfrey May Have A Few More Big Names Than Belleville. But, Its Not Who's In The Race That Makes It Good. It's The Race Itself!

Now wait a minute a couple of weeks ago Brandon was on here saying that Godfrey wasted time and the show ran longer than Belleville. Now I agree that he complains too much on here about tracks not being perfect, but most of the people responding were a little upset. If you look what is leading the voting its they waste to much time.

leigh said:
Now wait a minute a couple of weeks ago Brandon was on here saying that Godfrey wasted time and the show ran longer than Belleville. Now I agree that he complains too much on here about tracks not being perfect, but most of the people responding were a little upset. If you look what is leading the voting its they waste to much time.

I DIDN'T SO MUCH DISAGREE WITH WHAT BP HAD/HAS TO SAY. ITS JUST THERE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A POST ABOUT IT EVERYWEEK. NOT TO MENTION, HE WAS OFFERED AN ALL EXSPENSE PAID NIGHT AT THE TRACK TO TRY AND HELP THEM IMPROVE WITH HIS INPUT, AND I DON'T BELIEVE HE ACCEPTED IT.

I don't think so?

Nope don't think it is better than Godfrey, I think we have great Drivers and we do have different winners, sometimes the car count is up and down but all in all it almost always turns out to be a great night.But I think at everytrack has it's up and downs on car counts matter of fact I know that it does!!!:confused:

And like I said in anthor post if you don't like Godfrey because of the time trials or getting out late or too long of a intermission or whatever your reason might be well listen up DON'T GO.... then you won't have to wonder why or worry about what happend....!!!!!!!!! I have fun at all the tracks that I go too I don't sit and wonder what time it's gonna be over or else I wouldn't even go....that just don't make since...not to me anyway? Always glad to voice my opinion...anyway go where ya want, we all do and we all have our favorite tracks.....have a good race night eveyone:)

I like both tracks, Belleville and Godfrey. I think the Naylor's have done a pretty good job with Godfrey in prepairing the track the few times I've been there. They got their show in while most other tracks were rained out.

Belleville the few times I've been there this season appears to have a pretty good surface and they are working on upgrading their facilities. The track is better then I've seen it in a long time.

I think what may still be hurting Godfrey is that 2 years ago they dropped the late model class, the late models left to go find another Friday night track and many have just never made it around to going back.

I remember when Godfrey had about 15 to 18 late models and belleville was hoping for more than 10 a week. What a difference a few years make. I will say one think for Belleville back then, they put on a hell of a show with those 10 cars.

The support classes have similar numbers from what I can see. Belleville has more sportsman and pure streets in the area, Godfrey runs a good number of B-Mods so it's pretty equal there.

For 2 Friday night tracks in the same area code they both run good programs and I wouldn't feel cheated about attending either....No matter what Brandon Paul says...lol

John Barr
The Trashdog

You know here we go again. This is going to be an endless bashing of tracks. I personally have never been to belleville, but thats because friday nights im always at my home town track. It's not that i dont like beleville or any other track, its simply that godfrey is close. I do feel that Godfrey always has good compitition out there, and they all put on a pretty good show.
My point on this thread is most people follow their favorite racers, what ever track it may be. I try to go to pevely a couple times a year to see Dixon racing out there, I dont go because i think its a better track but because Dixon is there. At Godfrey I know alot of drivers which makes it a better race to me. I go to TCS on Sat. because Marty Kopp races out there.
Like lward said, all tracks have their ups and downs.
One reason i like getting on here is to see how others drivers did on other tracks, but i hate to hear people saying other tracks **** and this one is better than the other. Dont get me wrong i have got on here and said how i didnt like how things were done, but i dont compare one track to another.
I hope everyone has fun this weekend at their favorite track!!!
I know im ready!!!

Godfrey Track Is Awesome... Yes They May Have Some Small Flaws,what Track Doesnt, But All In All They Are Great. There Is Always Great Racing Out There. Very Good Atmosphere. I Am Not Saying Anything About Belleville, Never Been, But I Am Going To Say That Godrey Is One Of The Better Tracks That I Have Been To.

okie dokie.....let's just say that Godfrey does't have a low car count as you say...now as the others say ..." all tracks have their ups and downs"....please get for real....:rolleyes:

Back