Would you support a Sunday night UMP track in this area?

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Would you go to Sunday night racing again in this area? UMP classes plus other sportsman or street stocks?

Post here if you would go as a fan or a driver!!!

I would maybe go as a last resort, like if I couldn't race on Saturday night. But I usually work on Monday and I get home late from the track when I race. It might not be bad for fans.

I most definitely would support a Sunday track, as a pure stock driver and also a fan! I also speak for about 10 of my friends who would also and do not have Internet service to speak up! Most loyal St. Charles fans would also be there I am sure, especially if it's close to the St. Louis area!

RacerRod

I definitely would support a Sunday night track....or a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday night track. If there's a track nearby (or not so nearby) racing, you can almost always count me. I went to both Brownstown and Greenville this past racing season.....all Sunday night shows and I had to work the next morning (early). My first trip to Greenville, we didn't get home until about 3 AM and I still made it into work the next morning. I'd say that real racers and race fans will be willing to support this!!!

I Would Be There. I Think 3pm Is Too Early To Start During The Hottest Of The Summer Months. A Well Organized Well Run Show Could Start At 5:30-6 And Be Done In Plenty Of Time. I Understand People Don't Want To Be There All Night Being Sunday And All. But, St. Charles Speeway Never Had Many Problems.

PITDRIFTER said:
I Would Be There. I Think 3pm Is Too Early To Start During The Hottest Of The Summer Months. A Well Organized Well Run Show Could Start At 5:30-6 And Be Done In Plenty Of Time. I Understand People Don't Want To Be There All Night Being Sinday And All. But, St. Charles Speeway Never Had Many Problems.
I agree with ya on that one, Pit......3pm is too early during the HOT summer months. Makes for a DRY, DUSTY track....MOST of the time. Which makes it miserable for the FANS sitting in the stands (ME!!!!). A well run show should be able to get started around 6pm and be over plenty early.

It just depends on location. As a fan I would support it if it was close enough and we were able to get home at a decent time. I like the idea of starting in the mid to late afternoon.

Im with Crystal and Redbird on this one. Im the one in the stands no matter how many classes they have. The more the maerrier, that is just more racing for me to watch. If i have the money to go to the races, i dont care if it is Thursday night, i will be there. Racing is a love that will always be there for me.. It DOES get in your blood..... LD

Nope !!!! DID I MENTION Sundays are for BOATING !!!!!! We did the Sunday thing along with Sat and Friday for years .... Guess we are getting old !!!!!!! Actually it has gotten so expensive to race that we just do Sat nights now !!!! And I like it better that way !!!!! :D Yep Sundays and BOATING !!!!!! But you guys are more than WELCOME to join us on any given Sunday ;) It's kinda like racing it's addictive also :)

HECK YES!!!!!!! Its about time, We NEED a sunday track, The only DIE HARD fans will get up for work the next day, ST Charls did it for years it worked out fine, they also had a time limit to get er done..I will be there as a S/S driver/ fan.. It also needs to be in this area....

Of course....

If there is dirt and racing...I'm there...so will alot of UMP guys looking for those precious UMP points.

Back