Zoning Ordinace Violation

Shaw18 Racing

St. Jacob Glass
My one neighbor accross the alley has been looking for a way to get rid of my Race Cars. The police Tell me that I am doing everything within the law. When I came home today this is what I found on the side of my garage. I told the city that I can't make a living racing Hornets:confused:, but they insist that I must be running a business out of my garage.

This was my response. Any more ideas?

Attachments

• Shaw Racing Not For Hire.jpg
    Shaw Racing Not For Hire.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 678
go pay $25 dollars and get a business license for shaw racing or shaw motorsports,then tell them all to screw themselves!!!

There are quiet a few racers in Highland. They must be going to issue quiet a few of those violations this week.

i think they would have to clear it,not only are there many racers in highland,there is a race track there as well!

I don't see how they can claim it to be a business unless you're taking some form of payment, and since you're only working on your own equipment that would be impossible.

sounds to me like its time for a good old fashioned lynching, man that ****s, i cant understand people sometimes. time to talk to a lawyer, maybe you can post that you are looking for a lawyer on here that will help a racer.

By the way, their insisting that you're running a business doesn't make it so. What do they base this on? I would talk to a lawyer also.

I had the same problem a few years ago in MO. and your dealing with a no win problem. Once someone reports you and the city finds out you have problems its a no win stituation. The city will say move the car or get plates for it period

What is it all of a sudden, racing is getting hit from all sides. From concrete batch plants, lawsuits, and now this. What gives? Do these local governments not realize how much MONEY we put into racing programs and their communities are benifiting from it in some shape or form.
If Mel loses his suit. Think of all of the places that it will be a stepping stone for the PUBLIC NUISANCE lawsuits to begin... Belleville..Highland...so on and so on. It will be a ripple effect. Dirt tracking will be a thing of the past, with only Nascar to take its place..ugh.... One of your neighbors probably thinks there is too, much activity at your house for it NOT to be a business. Like your friends coming over to help or letting your cars sit out longer than they think they should.
We had a problem with one of our neighbors to the point she called the sheriffs dpt. She worked straight midnights, instead of comming and talking to us, she had to be a bully and send in Johnnie law. After that we could only work on our car from 2 pm till 9pm. She's gone now,moved on, but it only takes one complaint.
So much for the pursuit of happiness..

Momma Drew

you have a right to pursue a hobby, if you are not making a distrubance: excessive noise, trash, litter etc. Don't leave the car outside but it doesn't have to be licensed to be kept in your garage.

TRUE except once you pull it out to load it or work on it in St.louis co. your in violation FACT cost me over 800.00 in lawyers fees and fines. Very hard to keep a active race car in your garage

I live in Granite and the city inspector is a *** hole!! NO trailers,no pop up campers,nothing in your driveway,If there is a car in your drive way it better have plates on it and he WILL be by!Good luck Shaw, your neighbor needs to take a flying leap in a rolling doughnut!!

I just don't get what this world is coming to they never bother other sports or we dont hear about it ,but the racing sport is being pounded. And with these lawsuits and violations that were never a violation be4 sounds like they are trying to end the sport. I guess they rather have it on their streets racing its crazy. High gas prices alone can put some drivers under what would they like the drivers and fans to do on their weekends if ther is no racing? Tell me what would you do if racing dirt track that is comes to an end? That may be far fetched or stretching it a bit to say dirt track racing may come to an end cause it may take awhile for it to happen but how would you spend your money and how would you relieve you racing craving I will say if no more tracks to take it out on or to many ignorant laws to allow you to keep your hobby up and going?

I say for the towns causing these problems get your gas food etc in another town if your track gets shut down. JMO BUT THIS WORLD IS BEGINNING TO REALLY ****!!!

The first thing I would do is to check with the local ordinances and see if they have defined the word business. If they have, that should help narrow what is and is not legal. As for the sign, I do not think that writing the words not for hire will make a difference. In fact, I think that the whole sign might cause some trouble. I would take it down and make the garage look as ordinary as possible. Remember, you can always force the city to prove its case in front of a judge.

Hi, I lived in Glen Carbon and was continually hassled over myrace car by the Home Owners Association which sent the Police out many times.

My advice to you is to get a copy of the Zoning and Ordinances for where you live. It may cost you $25.00 at the City Hall, read it cover to cover. You will probably find like I did that what they are charging you with does not fit the Zoning and Ordinances as they are written. It is just a scare tactic because someone complained.

Once you read it you will find so many things in your neighborhood that are in violation of the Zoning and Ordinances. I sent my Home Owners Association a registered letter stating all the violations I found and that if they were going to enforce non-applicable violations on me that they will be required by law to enforce the real violations.

I also went to the Village Hall with the copy in my hand and had them explain several of the ordinances, trust me, they did not like having to do that.

And that folks was the end of it.

Good Christ!!! When will this stupid **** stop?? Godfrey, Belleville, MCS, and now personally going after drivers!!!! That's bullbutter!!! First, clear up the zoning issue, and then sue the person who reported you for unlawful prosecution and harrassment. Go for the maximum $5000 in small claims!!!

Back