2014 Montgomery MotorSports Park Schedule and website

Was hoping to, just not able to get it worked out. Could always be added.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I like the variety of specials, good job. I hope a winged sprint race or two can be squeezed in. Thanks for including the WAR sprints and vintage cars!

what is a spectator race, and 4- 75 lap features in one night will be a long night from a fans point of view as well as for the drivers. i think you will have a heck of a dust bowl that night. i do like the the variety you are trying and are going the right directions.

Spectator races will be 2 spectators in streetcars will race for $$. The 75 lappers took me by supprise, Jim supprised me with that one. Its a one nighter so not a big deal, probably will rubber up after the dust. Gonna be faster than you think.

The thing about ump streetstocks is there is no set of standard rules. What we are doing is a variation of tri city. Usra, imca, fulton and allied sportsman. It has weight differences for engine combination and bodies used. Gonna be work to tech. But should work. Might have to tweak some things. But at least stock cars will have a chance to race there.

What will they be sanctioned under because ump factory stocks go under track rules and ump street stocks have to go under the national rules. Good luck with that class because the tri city cars cant compete with allied sportsmen cars

400-450 # weight penalty and 150 of that up front. Is supposed to equal it out. As far as the sanctioning. Jim said ump ss is not a national rule set. If he is wrong I dont know what the outcome will be. The majority in the area are closer to the sportsman rules if we go with strictly the tri city rules we lose them. And have single digit car counts. We ran ss sportsman cars for years it is possible to make it competitive for every combination.

Your rules do allow everyone a chance to race and they don't look bad if there were more tracks with the same rules.i think most tracks crate rule is the 602 not the 604.As far as ump the ss are under the same national rules to be sactioned its the factory stocks that go under track rules and as for as tri city cars go ive won the track points and the most races there the past 2 seasons and my car would not be competitive under this rule package I was just curious about the sanctioning because I like going to different tracks.

Best would be for you to directly call Jim at the number listed on the new website. We want this to be a place you can be able to compete at. Stock bodied cars have done well against latemodel looking cars in fulton. I know the engine is a big diff too. But mmp is a more of a momentum track and not as much of an acceleration track. Motor is not all it. Believe me I ran my limited latemodel there and was fighting for 2nd a few times. Hope you give it a few tries.

The tricity - Belleville type street stocks will not be competitive against sportsman type cars.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Not as a car currently legal. But with a few modifications they can be. Fulton is a more acceleration track than MMP and the stock bodied cars can win. And win a championship. Ultimately we want a stock bodied class here, but so many aluminum ones here that about the only way is penalize them with weight and hope the body changes are made.

Should be posted anytime. I know what Jim and I discussed but it could have changed. I'd hate to say and be wrong.

Sure, with modifications they could keep up. But the cars from tricity and belleclair won't be coming out there if they aren't competitive without making a lot of changes.

My opinion is you have to,commit to a true street stock type car or sportsman and let the class build up.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Yea. Might end up that way. Trying to give an option for all at first and see who commits. We always had a consistant dozen or so with sportsman cars. Never had any real streetstocks. With us doing enduro races maybe that will be our more stock class? We got to keep options open I think. We get a lot that say they will come but when it comes down to it will they? Or do they only say it to have a second option, we need to be the priority. Payout will be low at first too. I hope that doesnt discourage too many either.

Back