Clay County Speedway Fall Nationals Sept.12 Late Models And Mods $2000.00 To Win

babb fan

Friday september 12 clay county speedway flora,illinois will be having a $2000.00 to win $200.00 to start late model show with a total purse of $7,725.00.Modifieds $2000.00 to win and $200.00 to start total purse $7,725.00.Bombers $1000.00 to win and $100.00 to start total purse $3,670.00.Hornets $500.00 to win and $75.00 to start total purse $2,740.00 total purses for all classes will be $21,860 pretty good payout in all classes.I beleive mod payout is based on 40 cars late model is 30 cars bombers is 30 cars and hornets is 30 cars.I think this is a 1/3 mile track it is very fast track with banking the phone #is 618-662-6825 website is www.claycountyspeedway.com the rain date is sept.19.This should be a great show so spread the word and lets get alot of cars.

There was a rumor that there was a entry fee for the late models but that is not true just your pit pass hope to see alot of cars there the track has been fast and smooth he works it pretty well and im sure he will work it alot more that week because he usually dont run shows like this so he will want to make a good first impression on alot of the drivers.

I hope this turns out to be a good show!! I was looking at the National Dirt Digest schedule and there is a $10,000 to win at Pevely on Saturday night, so hopefully you will have a full house at Clay County Speedway!! Good luck!!!

This has become a UMP Challenge of Champions Series event!! It replaced the Mt. Vernon CoC race that was cancelled...

This is awesome that they are making this a challenge of champions race so korte,melvin,shirley,weaver,mark faust,billy faust,monroe,dagg,hutchison,unterbrink,boyles,zobrist,millikan,
burwell,loddekke,probably english,and claycomb thats just who I know and im sure i am forgetting people so tell everybody you know and lets get about 40 cars they had 34 at brownstown sunday and tell all the mod drivers also $2000.00 to win this track is very racey 3-4 wide easy and very fast 1/3 mile track very nice facility you people will really like it I promise so start passing the word september,12 friday.

We raced street stocks there for a couple of years. This is a fast track! Very good dirt- large pit area with power and lots of seating.

The track is on the west end of Flora only a mile off rt 50. The local fans are in for a great show!

Yes I remember watching brent there in a super street him and kyle monroe they used to put on a good show in the super streets it will be neat to see them both return to clay county speedway but know running late models this will be a great show spread the word.

I will be there next friday. cant wait to see the races. my only question is how can the track jack up the price to the mod drivers to $75 entry, $30 to the bomber class, and no cost to late models? i thought UMP rules said you couldnt do that. or am i reading the entry fees and rules wrong?
:confused: :confused:

UMP doesn't allow entry fees...you are right....but if the two support classes your talking about aren't, UMP, UMP doesn't control them....therefore, in order to make up the money they can't make off the Late Models because they can't charge entries, they charge them to the Support class.

My advice, support class stay home!

Im not for sure what they are doing about the entry fee for the mods because it is a ump show also no matter what happens it should be a great show they had 22 mods tonight they had some different cars there trying out the track ed shamhart won followed by ed kuhn,brian shaw,jim shipman not for sure about the rest I know everett bradham and shaw got together and bradham went out then chad kinder was running 3rd and his car went straight into the wall dont know what broke but he hit the wall pretty good the payout for the mods is like $8000.00 with $2000.00 to win and I beleive it is $200.00 to start I hope the leka's are there logue,harrison,schereck,weber,walsh and the other big mod drivers are there and come over here and show them what real racing is. also they made this a challenge of champion race for the late models like a $9000.00 purse so please pass the word lets get a bunch of cars.

entry fee

UMP.... Modified $2000 to win $200 / start $75 ENTRY FEE total purse $7725.oo payout based on 40 cars. bombers $1000 to win $100 to start $30 entry fee t/p. $3670.00 based on 30 cars.

Back