Dixon get lost on way to..............

dirtcrazy23

dirtcrazy23
Dixon gets lost on way to..............

Dixon gets lost on way to..............

And winds up at Montgomery City. Ok all of you Dixon Lovers and Melvin haters(of which I belong to neither club), this was a weekend for Ed to run against the best talent in the midwest at a place other then his home track, and he didn't show up at either Highland or Brownstown. What Gives? For the last two weeks all I have read on this board was that Ed runs against the best competition and Melvin doesn't. This past weekend was a great weekend to showcase their skills against each other at a neutral track, and Ed doesn't show up at either place. Instead he goes to a track and wins a feature with much less competition. Isn't this how you have been describing Melvin?

I don"t know why he was"nt at either. Im just as baffled as everybody else. Oh, and by the way, I have nothing against Melvin and wish him the best of luck.

I'm still shocked that he didn't run any of the money shows this weekend at either Highland or Brownstown.....I heard some folks in the stands saying that he was cherry pickin by running MCS for ump points just a rumor I heard in the stands on Sat night @ Highland....It would of been nice to see him run sat night w/ the big boys....I enjoy watching Eddie run the highside......It was definently his kinda track Sat night in Highland....

I don't know why Dixon ran at Montgomery....many people thought for sure he would be at Highland. Maybe he thought Highland might get rained out, and went to the track he knew would stay dry.

And I'm still yet to be impressed by Melvin.....he couldn't even keep up with some of the track locals....the only reason he did better in the feature is because of the extreme atrician (sp?) rate.

Well Moonflow you should have been at Brownstown last night Melvin was running with some of the big names. There towards the last of the feature he lost his motor I believe. But if he hadn't he would of been at least in the top three.

I wanted to go to Brownstown, but I have to get up at 4:30am to get ready for work, so a late night on Sunday is out of the question.

Just like everyone else I am also unsure of why Dixon chose to run Montgomery County instead of Highland and also why he chose not to run Brownstown. From all of this, I am assuming that there is some reasoning behind it. Maybe people should try and ask Ed why he only ran Saturday night instead of getting on a public forum and asking the question. The only person who can honestly answer the question is Ed.

I don't know how or why drivers decide where to race but I do know that without them we would not be able to attend the races that we all love so much. Just like everyone else I would have loved to see Dixon run Brownstown and Highland but he didn't, so there is no reason to dwell on that fact. Instead of looking at who wasn' there, let's congratulate those who were there and put on the show for us fans. Congratulations especially to Randy Korte and Billy Faust on coming out victorious this past weekend.

Lucky, what you said in your post is all true, However, if you read this board for the last 2 weeks, all of the Dixon fans have been stating that Melvin doesn't run against the big dogs. Is normal track was not running, a track that he has several wins at was running for $5000.

Im just kinda tried about all the whinning from the Dixon fans Melvin played by the rules and is a 2 time UMP champ.

By the way, I am a Dixon fan, I have a couple of his shirts. But, I congradulate Melvin for his dedication this season.

I do not speak for anyone other than myself. That said I think Ed has some sponsors very close to MCS, sponsors like to see thier advertising close to their location. I'm sure you Melvin/Mnt Vernon fans can put that into some perpective.

Dean,

I agree, your sponsors support you, and you should return the favor. But, why doesn't Melvin get the same respect? He constantly is bashed on this board for running at a track near his home. Same sh*t.

Gas It,

I agree with you, the intent of my post was to show all of the Dixon Lovers and Melvin Haters that have been posting with their blinders on, that this is a two way street, and that there was a perfect forum this weekend to compete at a neutral site against top competition, one of them chose to do it the other did not. So no matter what kind of person you think a driver is, you still have to respect them as a racer and a competitor!!!

???????

On one post the Melvin bashers come out on another post the Dixon bashers come out.... On this post it just so happened to be a Dixon basher. It's all the same just a different day. :rolleyes:
I'll be glad when we can get back to talking about each other :eek:

Posting the reason Melvin stays at Mt Vernon would be pointless, everyone knows its Ricks car, and Rick is very deeply involved in the racetrack there. Not everyone knows were Dixons sponsors are. It sure seems the fans of each driver have alot bigger chip on their shoulders about who can beat who, when, and were, then either Ed Dixon or Rodney Melvin has.

There does not have to be bad blood, and rivalries for there to be great racing, and yes every fan at every track deserves to see everyone they want to love or hate every race. It just can't happen that way.

Dirtgirl,

If you reread my posts, you will find that I did not bash Dixon at all. I more or less bashed Dixon's fans who are always downgrading and comparing the talent level of other drivers. I merely stated that this past weekend would have been a great weekend for both gentlemen to display their rather refined skills against each other. You know the best against the best, which is the way racing should be ran. I for one would love to see these two drivers race against each other every weekend, I know that it will not happen, but it would be great when one drivers track is not racing and the other driver is not at his home track for those two to meet.

Also my apologies because I should have put in my earlier post that their are just as many Melvin Lovers and Dixon haters (neither to which I belong either.) that post on this board. I myself just love racing, and want to see the best whenever I can.

Dirt crazy

Nothing against you or Melvin or Dixon.. I was just saying one time we have a Dixon bashing post next time it's a Melvin bashing. And yes it's the fans and the people who start the posts and the opportunities to do the bashing..... I feel for these guys who live under the microscope of the fans. Next year you can probally count Korte in the fix as it was English last year. There are just as many Dixon bashers as there is Melvins. I know it's a public forum but come on. No you did not bash anyone but you opened the door for it to happen.... Just getting old. Besides Melvin and Dixon deserve alot more respect than the fans are giving them...
J/M/O
Lisa

Same Page

Now we are on the same page. Sorry I was so rough on you. But I like and respect both drivers and I just feel for them to have to hear this stuff day in and day out....

A SIMPLE SOLUTION WOULD BE TO GO AND BUY A REALLY BIG HAULER, AND A TOP NOTCH LATE MODEL, AND REALLY EXPENSIVE MOTORS. THEN HIRE YOU A DRIVER. THEN THEY'LL RACE WHERE YOU WANT THEM TO!

ONLY ONE GUY COULD WIN AT HIGHLAND, SO WHY NOT GO PICK UP A WIN AND A CHECK SOMEWHERE ELSE.

MONEY DOES COME IN HANDY????

WITH ALL THEM TOP RACERS AT HIGHLAND AND B-TOWN, I'D HATE TO THINK "WHY ED DIXON WASN'T THERE WASN'T THERE?" WOULD BE SUCH A CONCERN.:confused:

duh could it beenthe weather face it how many other missouri drivers were at highland either ,it 's a shame sat it would of beena heck of a race between KORTE and DIXON

Back