))) Dope In The Pits!!! (((

Racer14K

Saturday night at I-55 before the mod feature I made way over to the johnny on the spot, my prerace ritual, and when I opened the door "WHAM", I was hit in the face with the destinctive smell of marijuana. First thing I thought of, was it a fellow driver or a crew member sneaking a toke before the feature or just a dope smokin drifter in the pits. THIS IS UNCALLED FOR!!!!! We do not need drugs in the pit area of a race track. If this was a driver, his pit crew needs to make him aware that there are other drivers out on the same track. If it was a crew member then the driver needs to take action and say NO MORE because it will get his crew member kicked out and the driver himself.

The more I think about it the more p.o'ed I get so i'll end this by saying, IF I CATCH YOU, YOU CAN BET YOUR ***** THAT I'M NOT GOING TO KEEP QUIET!!!!!

I made a new thread instead or replying sorry!

I have agree with you. If drivers or crew memebers or whoever want to smoke pot and do drugs and destroy thier lifes that is fine, but they need to keep it at home, and not bring it to the track. I took my nephew to the infield pit area a couple weeks ago after races as he likes some of the dirver he does not get to see on a weekly basis (Scott Weber, Rich Wahely, Ray Walsh, Ray Wagner and he also likes several street stock drivers too) as we usually only frequent the outter pits. But he had to use the restroom and when we opened the door, it was a strong smell of pot, my nephew asked me what it was and just let it go for the moment. JMO Thanks-Danny

I applaud you Racer14K for having the guts and the gumption to bring this up.

Here's something scary to think about - what if it actually WAS a driver? Would you want to be in the car next to this guy out on the track? Or worse yet, who's to say that pot is the worst drug being done at the track?

Here's something for those who are guilty to think about... There are children who idolize these drivers. Parents let their kids look up to these guys because they think the drivers are great role models. Most of the drivers are genuine, clean, respectful guys, but if this problem gets worse, who are our children going to be looking up to?

I'm really glad someone brought this up. It's been on my mind for some time now and I just haven't said anything. About a month ago me and my buddy were leaving the track after a great night of racing, and as we were walking out of the outer pit area there were a group of people standing off to the side of one of the drivers' trailers, and there was the very distinct smell of marijuana coming from the group. I'm not saying which driver's trailer it was next to, and I don't know that the driver was in on it, but it really made me wonder. Like I said, I don't know that that particular driver was in on it, but if he was, he's out there with several guys every week putting their lives in danger, and that really ****s. And, if it was his crew that was doing it, or just people who stopped there, he needs to think about the impression it gave those of us passing by his trailer. Doing any kind of drugs is something I don't agree with, but if people think they need to do it, they should have enough decency not around so many other people, and especially not at a race track where there's so many impressionable kids. :(

BACK IN THE LATE 80'S I SAW A VERY POPULAR DRIVER SNORT COKE AND SLAM SOME VODKA ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT NIGHT'S AT I-55 AND GO ON OUT ON THE TRACK AND RACE. THE TRACK IS NOT THE PLACE FOR IT!

believe me that the pevely p d would love to catch somebody doing that just so they would have a reason to make a few trips around there on the weekend ,also it is possibly a permanent suspension if they are caught and just think what 55 would do too , believe me it makes me take another look around now before i leave from now on ,:mad:

I believe I got the same smell at B-ville on Fri nite just before the features. And I do know it was someone involved with the bombers because they were at their trailer parking, got on their qaud and drove back to the pits. Stupid, stupid ,stupid!

And just think how fun the lawyers and police would have with a driver if they were involved in a bad crash and were DUI. No sign in waiver sheet could help you with that one.

I think it is wrong. But step back and think about this, we just about always enjoyed an ice cold adult soda or several after the races were over. While alcohol is legal if you are 21 is it any better or just socially acceptable. Neither one has any place before or during the racing program.

In Illinois they have drug sniffing dogs that love to perform for you,maybe they need to visit some tracks. Although you will suffer the cosequences.

there was somebody getting stoned down here
friday i knew who it was just a bunch of losers
i rolled down my window and i got a face full
i dont like dope but i like the smell

something to think about

in Illinois, if you are driving, any amount of cannabis in your system is an automatic DUI. The DUI laws apply to private property. That means that you can be busted for driving your car on the track.

Yeah...thats what happened, so it wasn't my fault after all:D. I can just blame the dude that was burning a doobie!!!!

I know this won't make me real popular, BUT...

How stupid is it for drivers to have alcohol in the pits anyway. I know everyone is there to have a good time, but there's a time and a place for everything and I don't see that slamming down beer after beer DURING THE RACES in the pits should be allowed. A driver SHOULD NEVER be drinking during the race period, but is it any better to have a drunk pit person?? Actually that can be just as bad IF NOT WORSE! Over the last few years I've watched some people do some pretty stupid things that involved alcohol at a track and some are even track officials. And you're right about the pot, because I won't put up with that at all. Period. But like the other night following the races at Fredericktown, I watched three different drivers WHO NEVER TOUCHED A DROP during the races get drunk on their *** and then climb into their rigs and drive their truck, trailer and vehicle back home... At least I think they got home...

I've lost a couple of very good friends due to drinking and driving and if anyone thinks "they can handle it" then they aren't just fooling themself they are putting everyone else's life in jeopardy when they sit behind that wheel... This is not some public service announcement --- THIS IS THE DAMN TRUTH!

NOTHING WRONG WITH HAVONG A FEW COLD ONES AFTER THE RACES BUT ANYONE DRINKING SHOULD HAVE A DESINGNATED DRIVER THAT ISNT ALLOWED TO DRINK SO EVERYONE GETS HOME SAFELY. JUST DONT DRINK AND DRIVE- I HAVE BAD MEMORYS OF ACCIDENTS CAUSED BY DRUNK DRIVERS- USEALLY IT IST THE DRUNK THAT SUFFERS-LOL

peral jam3

I just think what you said was wrong and in appropriate. But that is just my opinion.

If a driver wants to drink after the races or do whatever he/she does then that is thier business as long as it does not get out of hand, I know several drivers who are more fun to be around after they have a couple beers than before, LOL. But they should not be driving thier "rigs" home, someone who is sober should be driving. I drive for my family every weekend, so they can drink and have a good time, but when I am driving I know I am sober, and that my family is with me.

As far as the dope, keep out of public view, it is your own business but DON'T do it during or before the races, this is just plain and simply STUPID! Thanks-Danny

I've smelled it too, at Belleville and Pevely

And if I know who you are and when you're doing it, I'll report you!

The race track is no place to do this. Look around at the number of little kids there. Act your age, and be a role model. Everything you do is seen by someone's little kid!

Grow up people!

Maybe the Pevely I-55 security needs to patrol the pits and the Johnnie-on-the-Spot area full-time. No smell of dope going in >>> smell of dope coming out! Busted!!! :mad:

The scarry part is this isn't the worst substance used at the track... The other you can't smell unless you are snorting it :eek:
I know I know this has been brought up before and I am not saying any names Jimmy D. so please let me keep my account LOL!!

And word of advice about "Bommer Momma" keep your "Green" vehicles away from this crazed woman. I felt I had to lock my doors after I brought it down to the pits because I thought she was going to steal it !!!! It was pretty scarry if you ask me....
Just a warning to all... She is way nuts about "GREEN"

Back