Eckert, Francis, Birky coming to TCS Summernationals!

Doug

Announcer
Just spoke with Bob Wente, and got confirmation that Steve Francis, Rick Eckert & Brian Birkhofer will be at the UMP Summernationals next Sunday, July 11th!

www.tricitymotorsports.com

Press Release

Granite City, IL -- The United Midwest Promoters (UMP) Summer Nationals are in the midst of their annual month-long speed festival and fans will get a special treat when the UMP Super Late Models shred Tri-City Speedway's flat half-mile on Sunday, July 11.

Local Late Model drivers like Washington, Missouri's Ed Dixon and St. Charles' Kevin Gundaker are no strangers to the UMP battles, and both are expected to take on current UMP Summer Nationals points leader Don O'Neal, Shannon Babb, Brian Birkhofer, Rick Eckert, Steve Francis, Terry English, Rodney Melvin, Greg Johnson, Dennis Erb, Randy Korte, Kevin Weaver and Steve Sheppard, Jr., for 40 laps of dirt spewing insanity and a $10,000 winner's check.

Also part of the July 11 Summer Nationals card at Tri-City are the open-wheeled UMP Modifieds in a $1,000 to win, UMP points event on Tri-City's tight, high-banked quarter-mile dirt. Expected to make the field are St.Louis natives Ray Walsh, Jeff LeBaube, Illinoisans John Seets, Bobby Bittle, Bobby Martintoni, Scott Weber and Donnie Wren.

General Admission tickets are $24 with pit gates open at 3 p.m., spectator gates at 5 p.m. with racing at 7 p.m. Tri-City Speedway is located one-half mile south of I-270 on Illinois Route 203 (Nameoki Road), just 10 minutes north of downtown St. Louis.

www.tricitymotorsports.com

I'm still going to go because every sn I have had the chance to go to have been r**ned out. I just think its crazy that he is chargeing so much.

I'll be there. Love to watch the half mile races at TCS. It's a shame that they don't run UMP Latemodels there weekly cause I'd probably be in regular attendance then. But I know that it probably wouldn't work as a weekly show. Would be more of a weak count. I don't have a problem paying an extra $4.00 for an additional 1/4 mile of racing!

Lve50Racing said:
Just asking why so much to get in I've been to other 10,000 to win and it's only 20 not 24.

In comparison, Highland tonight is $25 for adult box seats $25, $20 for adult general admission and that's only a $6000 to win show. $20 - $25 is pretty much the standard, so I'm not surprised or offended. Besides, there's a ticket deal right now with Mountain Dew to get a free ticket. Since I drink alot of Dew anyway, it's a really good deal.

Go to any Hit-N-Run convenience store and they will have all the details there. Basically, if you buy a case of Mountain Dew, you get a ticket.

Thanks for the tip all! Gonna have to hit one of those up.

Moonflow..you know that for sure about Moyer? I sure hope he's there!

Also, there might be a good chance of Jeep Van Wormer being there. He doesn't have anything else scheduled and he seems to like running the SN's.

No Jeep will not be there my friend was with him this weekend and he said he will not be there. He has to be in New York on Monday.

The WoO are not scheduled to run again until July 16th, so ANY of those guys could possibly show up at TCS Sunday, not just Ekert, Birky, Moyer, ect. Plus, The WoO are scheduled to be at TCS August the 1st. Might see some others that havn't raced there in a while for a little practice.

Back