micro sprints @ mcs

loud mouth

The One / The Only
hey just wanted to say
on be-half of the track and management

yall really upset everyone by not showing...!!!
the REAL shame is that you actually had one guy show up
he drove 120 miles to come put on a good show

HOWEVER
yall decieded not to ever tell HIM that you had decieded to
cancel without notice....
now you got a track full of workers and stands full of fans
really pissed...!!!

the decisons not mine to make but if it was
YOU WOULD NEVER BE INVITED BACK
you upset all of us

WHATCHA GONNA DO NOW...?

The results from last night are on the Results/Upcoming Events section of this board.

Yes...they are racin' tonight!!!

Originally posted by loud mouth
hey just wanted to say
on be-half of the track and management

yall really upset everyone by not showing...!!!
the REAL shame is that you actually had one guy show up
he drove 120 miles to come put on a good show

HOWEVER
yall decieded not to ever tell HIM that you had decieded to
cancel without notice....
now you got a track full of workers and stands full of fans
really pissed...!!!

the decisons not mine to make but if it was
YOU WOULD NEVER BE INVITED BACK
you upset all of us

WHATCHA GONNA DO NOW...?

Are you really the spokesperson for MCS? If so, I thought you have claimed in early posts that you are a PROFESSIONAL ! Wow, you really have shown your PROFESSIONALISM on this matter.

Mel---did you really advise loudmouth to say this????

Multis @ MCS

I will personally defend the multi drivers !!!!!!! On Tuesday I called to inform Mel that the multis would not be there due to the nationals @ Pittsfield and that this show should be postponed untill a later date . I was told by Mel that Farmer (Derek Odells step-dad) said earlier @ MCS that this date would be a goodone ! Instead of punishing the whole multi class MCS should only be mad @ Mr. Farmer for trying to be the spokesman for other racers that don't listen to Mr. Farmer anyway . Sure will be a sad sight to turn a class with this many cars and fan backing away. Oh well just my opinion, you know what they say about opinions . The"Hustler":confused:

race watcher

yes i was asked on behalf of the staff and management to make a post to the micros for not showing
i dont see where i was non-proffessional in any of the statements made on BE-HALF of MCS...

and i can not be persicuted for the "in my opinion"
comment that i made...
basically if i was the promoter i sure would think twice about scheduling a group who dont show up...
much less not even the guy who scheduled the show...
much less not even a phone call to say het sorry its a no go...

i truely feel sorry for the one and only guy who showed up from a 120 miles away just to find out the rest of his class wasnt showing..!!! wow...
would you...????

and with mel sitting next me i type the following on be-half of the
staff and management..."were not very happy"

The only problem with the micros as a whole is there is no one sanctioning body to guide them and set-up good races for them. You can't let one guy speak for a "group" of them when there really isn't a group to begin with. You shouldn't punish all of the micro racers because of one man. They have no organization and from what it seems don't want to be organized. So it is more or less a chance you take when you schedule them. Look at TCS they are lucky to get 15 on a weekly basis. It is just a chance and unfortunately Mel and all the fans at MCS didn't get to see the great show that those guys can put on.

Hey Jen,

Sounds like another Bull you can take by the horns!!!

You have plenty of free time, right???:rolleyes:

Can't wait for Racestock. Hope there's no rain so things don't have to be doubled up.

Umm, No I'm not organizing them. There is one in the garage and that is the only one I am going to keep track of. I hope everything works out for Racestock too, see ya there.

Microsprints in IL/MO

I can't really speak a lot about the track at Montgomery County. However when they first started racing there last year My site had the dates posted. I never knew till a few weeks ago that they were still racing this season.. No one had posted or emailed me anything about the races there.. Also on the site shows a break down of almost every track in the area that runs the 600cc multis. At times there might not seem like organization, but many people use this site and has brought cars to many tracks. Just a thought .. If you want to promote multis your more than welcome to email me or post it on the message board. Everything is free there.. Just thought this might help..
webmaster - www.ilmomicrosprints.com
email - jeff@ilmomicrosprints.com

Before you blast the multi drivers maybe you should do a little bit of research. There are 4 tracks within 2 hours of MCS that run multis as part of there regular show every Saturday night. Farmington and Sweet Springs MO and Granite City and Pittsfield IL. Last Saturday night all four tracks were scheduled to run. In addition Pittsfield was hosting a National event paying $1500 to win while Granite was hosting the USAC midgets and multis paying $400 to win. Both events are very popular and always draw a good number of cars. Farmington always draws from 16 to 25 multis. Sweet Springs draws 25 or so 600s. With that in mind, where was MCS going to get any cars from? If MCS would have scheduled multis for Sunday night, they would have had a very good field of cars. Saturday is never going to be a good night.

Its unfortunate if someone told you this Saturday would be good. I would think a racetrack would maybe check it out a little bit before just taking one man's word. I'm not sure why a regular multi guy would do that knowing full well that four other tracks run on the same night. Apparently Kenny Harris tried to tell you but I guess he either didn't get through or you didn't listen.

Jeff has a great website at ilmomicrosprints.com that always has information about upcoming races. I never saw anything about MCS running multis last week. Please don't run them all down. They are a pretty good class that usually puts on a decent show.

As for your professional statement of "WHATCHA GONNA DO NOW", I would imagine they will continue to do what that have done all year. Race...

To harris69

To the post that stated MCS should be mad at Bob Farmer and not all of the micros for not showing up on Saturday: Let me clarify - 1st of all Bob is not a promoter or a spokesperson for the micros and he never claimed to be. Mel and Bob spoke in the spring and Mel asked him about that date, Bob said that should be ok. Bob then spoke to Mel last week and told him that he wasn't going to get any cars because there were a lot of big shows this weekend with a lot better pay outs. I saw one post on stlracing that mentioned the micros being there and that was all the advertisement that was done. Bob never told Mel that he would promote this race, he just told him that if he had cars, he would be there and MCS didn't promote the micros at all (that's not Farmer’s job, it's theirs). When a race track chooses to run a class there for a special show, it is there responsibility to promote and publicize the race to the racers and nothing was done to do that so as far as I can tell, MCS has no business being mad at anyone but themselves. Bob has tried in the past to help MCS promote the micros for races by "spreading the word or handing out flyers for them" (also sponsored pay out money) but this time, he was not given any flyers to distribute and they never asked him to be a "spokesperson or promoter" for us micro racers. Hope somebody from MCS or Kenny Harris gets wind of this because they have no right to be mad at anyone but the so-called "promoters" of the racetrack. I'm sorry if MCS chooses not to invite the Micros back to their facility because it is an awesome track and facility but I don't think they can blame us for not racing there when we had a $1500 to win show about 1 ½ hours from their facility.

Thanks!

. I never saw anything about MCS running multis last week.

jeff truely has a great web site...
heres what i found on it...

Posted by: Randy - 8/26/2003 (13:53) - 12.221.241.214
Does anyone know how much they are paying to win this weekend at montgomery county for the micros?? Thanks

with 79 views.

I can make a couple comments as WE were the only micro to show up at Montgomery County.

First the announcer treated us great. Real nice guy.

Second...the promotor Mel. He told us it wasn't his fault noone showed up to race with us. Also he refused to refund our $25 pitpasses. Personally I'm not a big cab car fan and wanted my money back so we could leave. Very rude.

If they do schedule another micro race he won't be getting anymore of our money.

So the guy just stole your cash basically, since you got nothing in return except a parking spot for the hauler for a couple hours. How ignorant.

What a poor excuse of Professionalism!

I'm not pointing fingers at who's fault this was or was not. I'm just shocked the way that MCS comes on here and shows their "PROFFESIONALISM !:mad: and bad taste!:mad:

I think that the track/promoter is at fault here. I have never been to MCS and after reading this post and All the replies,I don't think I will ever go there. Man,and to think he wouldn't even refund your money. Let's get this out! One way or another everyone can tell people like these, this is unacceptable.A BIG THANK YOU TO THE PROMOTERS THAT TREAT ALL DRIVERS FAIRLY!

Yeah, they start this thread on behalf of the track management to bytch about the guys in the class, but the one who does show up they screw over. Wow, I really want to go there now.

$15 gate

seems they also sc***ed everyone at the gate too $5 bucks extra for a class that they knew wasnt going to show....
come on Mel what's with this;

Back