TCS- Best Dirt Track around, ONLY if ????

Devilboy

Here a track in the middle of every Major Highway?? Easy access.. Plenty of parking... But the owner fails to realize what he really has going for it. He runs this track very badly and treats personal and fans badly. Drivers r getting tired of broken promises and when will the light go off Mr. Wente from St. Charles. You live in the show-me state and Why dont you show everyone what really could be the best midwest track around. Fix your stands, tell the truth, give better pay-outs and THEY will COME. Give off your HIGH horse and make it happen. Getting rid of the half mile maybe- since only 1 driver ever wins anyway? Treat EVERYONE BETTER and back your word would be a good start in 2004?? IF NOT _ SELL TO ONE WHO CARES ABOUT RACING/////

what...

where the hell did this come from.....i am not a fan of TCS but i think there are more people than u think that like the .5 mile....i would agree that Mr. Wente is not the most intelligent but he does own the track and if thats what he wants to do then so be it..its his dollar. Every track usually has a major highway next to it....(except eldora).

by the way devilboy i believe u r just trying to start **** and i am the expert on this subject and this has been said before by yours trully and all u r gonna get out of this is a bunch of blah...blah...blah.....

And at the end of the day....It will still be the same.

Trevor

i disagree, not every track has major highway by it. TCS has one 1/4 mile from it. Highland , godfrey, etc ... they dont and never will?? Yes, this will start some blah, blah but it supposed too. This is a way to send messege to owner. Wente reads and checks this site on a daily thing.

i would agree with highland but i think that the new 255 extension will be near Godfrey when it is done....sorry i was not exact about calculations......

Wente, Go away!

I used to go to TCS every week a few years ago, but i vow never to go back b/c i've heard some bad news about wente and the way he runs the track and i believe he's gonna drive that track into the ground

ROFLMAO!!!

Devilwuss, if you think Bob Wente EVER reads this board,
you are even farther gone in the head than you sound like......
Why don't you just go back to your old moniker.......
RacinFan25! :rolleyes:

I also no longer go to TCS. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and heres mine...

Wente is cheap, has terrible people skills, very rarely does ANYTHING for the racer such as big shows etc etc, made a huge mistake pulling A mods off the 1/2 mile, and is wasting one of the best tracks anywhere around here.

True enough it's his track and he can do with it what he pleases, but its also true that I dont have to give the guy a friggin nickle of my hard earned money. I usually dont say anything about TCS just because I really dont like talking other tracks down, but i do happen to agree with Devilboy on this as im sure there are a bunch more that do also.

Dont take this as a totally negative post towards TCS, i dont mind the NASCAR sanction and think its a good alternative to UMP, i think the 1/4 mile track is one of the best around (with the exception of the back straight being a bit dark), the track is usually prepped very well, the facilities arent bad overall, and the towing company that works there on regular nights seem to be on the ball. With a different promoter, or atleast a different promoting strategy this track would be packed on a weekly basis.

pittboss- little wantabe?? i would never claim to be racingfan25 and only wish i was... You take pictures like a LITTLE girl and then over charge for them at the track. You want a challenge little girl , then i'll your match. My post does have a good side and bad side and go to the cave and print these pages for wente to read this winter while you two figure another way to rude and rip apart a track that could be VERY big if ran correctly???????

Devilboy settle down and ask someone in the library near you to proofread your messages you are posting. The grammar is so bad its almost unreadable. My grammar is nowhere near perfect, but if you are going to be on the internet typing stuff, please take the time to make sure its atleast somewhat readable.

you take pictures like a lil girl... lol... c'mon you can do better than that cant ya???

I could come back with more. But, can be barr from saying what i want to say? Pittboss takes pictures for the track and runs a buisness. He should be the barr and should watch his words on the net. As for as grammer goes. i really dont care about that. Pittboss can go blow a ???????????

Ya know comin on here and bashin a guys job is pretty lame.......I think Pitboss takes excellent pics.......he gets better every week.Keep up the good work Pit............

Once again Devilboy (RacinFan25), if you think Bob Wente reads this crap your insane. I wasn't commenting on your original post I was responding to the fact that you think you're accomplishing something. I could care less what you think of me personally Devilboy (RacinFan25), but at least learn how to read, comprehend and spell. The same attributes RacinFan25 (Devilboy), couldn't grasp. Cool Devilboy? (RacinFan 25)
At least CQCQ stated his opinion clearly and without malice....if you can do that people will respect you. Your constant drivel on the other hand only showcases your lack of education. It doesn't change anything.
Overcharge? *lol* Check around buddy our prices are as competive as it gets. We gave away a few HUNDRED pictures to the kids this year, and put our heart and soul into our work, and people that matter to us know this. And that's all that matters to me. Later Devilboy (RacinFan25)! ;)

Thanks Wiz.....:cool:

lol

For one.......bashin dont work!

Getting the right thoughts in the right people's heads work's a whole lot better!

If you knew what you were talking about..............you would already know that bob isnt running the regular program next year!Only the special shows!

Different rules are going in,and people are actually getting a little input as to getting rules that match other local tracks!The bs of being the lone track is what killed the carcount along with some other things!I may not get along with a few out there,and people that know me know who im talking about!But i am willing to listen to what they have to say as long as it is vice versa!

As for dennis and the man's pics.........by far hands down one of the best in the area at what he does!I know...i own enough of them,and the man also stepped up and donated sheets of pics to be signed by the regular drivers for regan!So in my book,,,,,,,dennis is first rate!

As for dennis giving pics away...i already addressed that issue,and if you had half a brain and saw the pics....you would know that they arent printed on bs paper with bs ink....costs money to do what that man does,and i think he charges a fair price for what i have gottin from him in the past!He probbaly has more money tied up in the lens alone on that cam then you do in the vehicle you drive ona daily basis!

Like i said..............bashin someone's track dont work....i get upset with things that happen out there and i also voice my opinion on it....but what my fingers type....nobody can disput!But id also rather figure out......or at least offer suggestions to get the track back to wear it use to be when we started 20 yrs ago!

That means setting rules that go along with other friday nite tracks.....adjusting the payouts to load the topend for the guys that spend the time and money to try and win on a weekly basis!
Creating a playground for the kids to have a safe place to play when the parents want to watch the races!

Rules that are inforced and the tech man says ur dqed..........ur gone....dont come back till your legal.....do random checks....do brake checks....treat the guys with a little respect!

Change the way yellows are realigned.....man takes another out or spins and causes a caution...........dont send eveyone back just because they spunout to avoid tearing up cars........send the guilty party to the rear......if a person looks as if he is driving a little ruff......and takes someone out.....send that guy to the rear.....give him a warning...and if he does it again....you just got dqed and no money for the night!First time infraction.......no 2 week suspention..just no points and money that night!You come back out and do it again......you just lost money,points,and then get the 2 week!Do it again,even the slightest thing.....ur banned for life!

Basis thing that needs to be done is.....you start from the beggining of the season with the rules in place......very first rules meeting you lay it out....no excuses.....no bs......this is how it is!

Ther is a difference between hard racing and abit of rubbing and ruff driving!You start slapping the people on the wrists that cant drive a clean race and want to tear cars up,you will eventually weed out the bs and get a good class of drivers kinda like what you had in the sportsman and SS class out there this year with the exception of a few!

Man i could go on and on and on about this!But my fingers are getting tired!

WELL, ITS NO SECRET THAT MR.WENTE DANCES TO HIS OWN TUNE. I HAVE YET TO FIGURE HIM OUT THATS FOR SURE.

WHATS HIS DEAL? IS ABOUT DOING WHAT HE WANTS SIMPLY BECAUSE HE OWNS THE PLACE???? LIVING OR DYING WITH IT??? THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING DIFFERENT, BUT DON'T GET TO FAR OUT IN LEFT FIELD.

IS ABOUT MAKING MONEY????? IF SO, HE MAY BE MAKING MONEY, BUT TCS ISN'T LIVING UP TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL IN MY OPINION.

IN MY OPINION, A SUNDAY UMP SHOW WOULD BE THE PERFECT FIT FOR TCS. I DON'T SAY THAT BECAUSE I RACE A UMP SANCTIONED CLASS. I SAY THAT FROM MONEY MAKING STAND POINT. THIS AREA IS UMP LIKE IT OR NOT.

THE WAY IT LOOKS, THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE WOULD BE HIS LATE MODEL CLASS, AND ADD THE A-MODS.

IF IT WERE ME I'D HAVE UMP LATE MODELS, UMP MODS, SPORTSMAN, AND BOMBERS/PURESTREETS/CHARGERS OR B-MODS AND HORNETS. ALL ON THE 1/4 MILE.

MR. WENTE COULD PROMOTE AND GET TRACK SPONSORSHIP LIKE HE DOES NOW. HE DOES DO A GOOD JOB WITH ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION, I MUST ADMIT. BUT, HIS PEOPLE SKILLS WELL, I DON'T KNOW.

THE RULES WOULD BE SET....PERIOD!
WENTE COULD JUST STEP OUTTA THE WAY AND COUNT HIS MONEY!!!!!!!

J/M/O

Highland is actually very easy to get to from I-70, about 4 miles or so at the most.

I-55 is sitting right next to ummmmm........ I-55?

Brownstown is less than a mile off 70.

If you put a playground in at a track, then you assume all of the liability for it. Meaning, a kid breaks an arm, it is possible you might face a liability suit for compensation since you encouraged the kid by providing a playground. And since there is liability, there is the issue of providing adult supervision for it. Sure, you can stick a sign up that says "use at your own risk" but there are numerous precedents for those signs not being worth much other than to try and deter the public from suing the owner.

I actually think its a great idea, but it would take some staff to run it properly, and that would cost money. So theres a big problem right there.

And Dennis's pics are great, I am looking at one now. And Dennis is an all around good guy too, so trying to tear him down is just pointless. He does a lot for the track and the people who race there, and I doubt he makes a huge amount of cash if any at all from it, he just does it for the love of it. So leave bashing Dennis out of the whole promotion of TCS deal altogether. If you dont like TCS/Bob, fine, but dont go tarring everyone who works there or goes there with the same brush, there are a lot of good folks there.

NO OFFENSE, BUT I DON'T FEEL A PLAYGROUND IS ANY MORE OF A RISK FOR A LAW SUIT THAN FANS SITTING JUST FEET FROM CARS RACING.

ok

Ok,and this is not to be drawn out as a fight!But isnt that the same liability the familes assume when they pay the fee and enter the track?Children fall on the bleachers(i know because mine has),fall in the gravel!

You have kids playing football,frisbee and everything else right off turn 4 now!

There are officials roaming the stands all night,wouldnt be alot of trouble to keep an eye on the area!Knock out the section behind DD and fence an area in for them to play in behind the bleachers!You already have a policeman and a official at the gate!Keep a tighter eye on the pit gate,and no kids are allowed out any gate without an adult!Like you said the sign is like any other sign, a way of trying to shift responsibilty,but it is still something that would have to be done for every sue happy tom,dick,and harry!

Creating a better facility for the families and getting a carcount back to respectibilty would or should offset the pay and create a job for someone on a part time basis!

I truly hope for all of the great people that frequent TCS that the changes that occur over the winter months are good for the drivers and the fans. At least it looks like things are heading in a better direction.

Thanks Dale, and Todd! :cool: (Todd check your pm's)

Hey didn't RacinFan25 (Devilboy) tell Doug to go hide in a cave last winter with Wente? Careful Devilboy (RacinFan25), you're giving yourself away! ;)

Back