tcs

lstone42

so who could run against tom seets them from this area that would give him a run for his money

lol

Duh....lots of people....but it dont matter....not gonna happen....guys arent going to build limited's anymore to compete for nascar money when they can run ump and race 2/3 nights a week!

This is nothing against tom either.....i love watching him race....just getting real sick of the whole nascar thing as most of the drivers are out at tcs.....they just dont make it known in public like i do!

Ya think Tom is sick of it Dale? How about Terry? Gonna run a track with no sactioning body? Or should TCS just become another UMP track.....(like we don't have enough of those!) Can everybody afford to run 2-3 nights a week? Could you guys? On a regular basis? Don't get me wrong, there are some legit arguments that could be heard, I just don't think you should come on here like you're the "voice" of the drivers. We all know how you feel.....you bash NASCAR every time an opportunity arises. If it's really what most of the drivers think why don't you all get together and try to do something about it. Cause you and I know complaining about on here isn't going to change a thing. JMO don't drop a brick about it! ;)

tom seets

he needs to come run with the ump late models at pevely or the hole in the ground at montogomery they call a race track that has dumd announcers that see the same cars ever weekend and still dont who the driver is.

lol

Naw...no bricks with you Dennis!

I see what your saying...but......not everyone runs for year end points anymore!

I know how most feel Dennis....im not going to comment on there behalf tho....not my place...just my thoughts!

Also nice to be able to discuss things with people without having to hate!

Check the poll!

That's cool Dale.......it wasn't meant to start an argument!
People should be able to express their opions without it turning into a name calling contest! :cool:

A lot could, but nobody wants to.

(this is an actual response to the topic raised in this thread, with no sideswipes/bashing of tracks or sanctioning bodies.)

I dont have Melvin, Gundaker or Dixon et al on speed dial. I dont think it has anything to do with tracks or sanctioning bodies. I have heard plent of griping at UMP tracks too. The grass is not greener over there, theres just more of it.

I agree to a point.... another thought would be that a lot of the "big guns" in UMP are well financed and don't want to commit to running a certain track on Saturday........

Or maybe they just like being the big fish in their pond, and taking on the killer whale at TCS is just a little too initimidating. I mean sure, theres a big payoff if you dominate, but you really do have to win week in and week out to get the big payoff, and dominating is different than just being competitive.

lol

I truely hate following this post,but i couldnt resist!That comment just showed how long you have been hanging around tcs!

Tom is one hellava driver..and like i said,love watching him run...but....you cant compare gundaker and the rest that use to run there,money talks....dont matter what the rules are!Tom does a great job with that 95 chassis,but he would be the first to tell you....those others with the big money and big sponsers dont run 7 year old chassis's....hell.....most have 2 cars ...one for certain tracks!

They are not............NOT......going to build a limited latemodel to run 18 nights a year!

I think its more a matter of knowing they wouldnt be able to do enough to win the huge payoff, i.e. winning every time they race there. And only having a limited amount of opportunities to win, thats a little too steep of a challenge to take on. One slip, and your out of it nationally, and thats where the big money is at, not the local track championship payoff.

I think its funny that you say Tom does a pretty good job with a 7 year old chassis. Thats like saying the grand canyon is a pretty big ditch.

These guys have huge budgets, will build two cars with extra motors and all the trimmings, drive huge rigs all over the place and spend a small fortune running 2 or 3 nights a week, but a limited late model is out of the question, according to you "they build one car just for a certain track" yet a limited late model just for TCS is totally out of the question. Hmm... sounds like a contradiction to me.

HEY DALE YOU WAKING UP I SEE IAPE TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE TNIE BUT MANY DRIVERS IN UMPDON'T HAVE WHAT YOU THINK THEY HAVEAND WHY WOULD A GUY RUNNING UMP WANT TO RUNA LIMITED CLASS PLEASE EXPLAIN

duh

No possible way you could get any dumber than with the responses you put on here!

7 year old chassis is what i said!...Did i stutter?

No...they are not going to run a limited,car....do they now?.......No dumb****...if they saw it to there liking...dont you think they would be there.........since the car count is so low?Yea...building that 1 car would be a drop in the bucket.......but for 500 to win a night.......why the risk.....its bad enuff not to make money at this.....but when you run that close to the front at most tracks.....its not worth ur while to build a car for 18 nights a year....dayum......how stupid are you?

Shoot i have more nights of watching races at that track on the flippin goalposts on the backstretch as a kid when the colledge was north high school,then most do sittin on the bleachers!

Why cant this issue with Tom and ump end....aint worth pisin and moaning about........HE runs tcs.....they run ump........so WHAT!iTS APPLES AND ORANGES,AND ITS NOT GONNA CHANGE!

By the way.....like the dakota you followed thru highland last nite?

Money. If, and thats a very big if, you can actually dominate at TCS, there is a huge pot of gold in it. Most of those UMP guys are realistic enough to know that its almost impossible to win that huge pot of gold, so they dont bother with it. Tom is doing an unbelievable job to even be in it. I think that most people forget that he is not just racing the local competition, but the best of the best in all of the NASCAR regions nationally. Like I said, one bad night and you can kiss that pot of gold goodbye. In UMP, one bad night and you can just run an extra day somwhere later to make up for it.

NAW DIRT

Not so much waking up...these are issues ive had for a long time...just sorta getting tired of people trying to compare tom and ump....its not going to happen till he wants it...if he ever does again!

The man is damn good at what he is running,and makes the most of what he has!

As do alot of the ump guys without big budgets....they trade just like the rest of us to run a full race week!

Ive never had anything against ump....to me its a nother form...or class...of racing!

PERIOD!

LOL

Originally posted by t.nie
Money. If, and thats a very big if, you can actually dominate at TCS, there is a huge pot of gold in it. Most of those UMP guys are realistic enough to know that its almost impossible to win that huge pot of gold, so they dont bother with it. Tom is doing an unbelievable job to even be in it. I think that most people forget that he is not just racing the local competition, but the best of the best in all of the NASCAR regions nationally. Like I said, one bad night and you can kiss that pot of gold goodbye. In UMP, one bad night and you can just run an extra day somwhere later to make up for it.

[/QUOTE)............Make up your mind.......why run it then?

You know Dale, go back through my posts and find me an example of me calling you names, saying your stupid, bragging about my junk or the times I have been to races. I am putting forth my reasoning as to why the UMP guys dont run at TCS, I think its because they arent prepared to take on the real challenge, which isnt just winning an occasional feature, but dominating to the point that they can win that huge pot of gold that NASCAR puts up. If you cant dominate, then its just another track for 500 bucks. But if your up to a real challenge, then run for the national NASCAR championship. As the saying goes, if it was easy, everybody would be doing it. Now think about that one.

lol

Then dont comment on a issue you dont have the facts too!

Ewwww....nascar....this is getting so stupid!

Tom is in the perfect place at the perfect time,and he will tell you that himself....just better luck this year than most!

Take the season we are having.....no dnf's......in tech every week except 2...wich was(2) 4th places....and still 40 points out of first to jim.They both have had seasons that in any other year is a track champion hands down.....and ill be the first to say jim has had a great year!

Real challenge be keeping a car running 3 nights a week like some of these guys?

Wait....you wouldnt know....but i do.....3 nights a week racing is an all week affair....very few nights off!

Why you think we left racing when we were younger?...Called burned out!

So how about we let the issue of tom running against anybody that dont race there die like it should,and dwell more on the year he is having!

Back