We lost the greatest track announcer ever in the St. Louis area today... RIP to our good buddy TTG..

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Received word that Mike Meurer passed away today after suffering a massive heart attack while visiting family and friends in California.

Mike will be missed tremendously by the racing community...

He is one of the greatest track announcers in the country and we've enjoyed his announcing for so many years primarily at Belle-Clair Speedway & I-55 Raceway... He also announced at many other places over the years. He was affectionately known on here and around the STL racing community as "The Talker Guy"

I considered him a true friend...

Thoughts & prayers to his wife Tina and all of his family and friends!

Words cannot express.... such a shock and heartbreak. God Speed Mike...it will never be the same without you

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Gerald, Jackie, Jessica, & Jacob Buechting

Thoughts and Prayers to the entire family. What a tragic loss. Racing will not be the same without TTG behind the mic. You will be missed by many Mike!

The Smallwoods

Our thoughts and prayer to the entire family. Mike was a man among MEN and will be truly missed. He was a great man and made every one feel like they was King or Queen.

R.I.P. "Talker Guy"

Rest in peace mike racing will not be the same for me at all i loved you your funny jokes teaseing me about bobby when i was younger my heart is also broken as well as many others thoughts and prayers go out to tina and mikes family again rip ttg announce your heart out in heaven

Our prayers and thoughts go out to Mike's family. I can't believe that such a wonderful man is gone! Racing will not be the same! We will miss him VERY much! God speed to you Mike! We love you!

Tiffanymotorsports
Georgette, Tiffany & Tim

Wow...just shocked to see this. He was the best and I'm not sure racing will be the same around here without him. Rest in peace Mr. Muerer.

I'm just in complete shock. We have lost one of the best voices in ALL of motorsports, but more importantly a good man. RIP Talker Guy!! We will miss seeing you and hearing you call the races and entertain us.

I am devastated. My deepest condolences to Tina and the entire family. Racing will not be the same for me ever again. We have lost one of the greats and a dear friend. RIP Mike.

Gods speed Mike, Our thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time. You will be greatly missed.

Grondzki racing

Vince, Toby, Charlie, Marty

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and the entire racing community! He was the best announcer...My heart truly is broken...I can still hear his laugh and see that smile he always had...RIP TTG you will be truly missed!!!

Mike Meurer aka The Talker Guy passed away today. The #70 Russell Racing Team is very sad to hear of his passing. He was a friend and will be greatly missed. Prayers to the family.

Back