0Your thoughs on UMP Good/Bad?? - Belle-Clair Speedway not so sure from a Facebook post I just read.

nathans1012

Your thoughts on UMP Good/Bad??
Belle-Clair Speedway isn't so sure from a Facebook post I just read

-
Copied word for word from their Facebook page.

"In recent discussions with my son we have been seriously discussing the benefits or lack there of being UMP sanctioned. In recent weeks the membership deal has cost us some cars to not come race. Most of our racer's seem unhappy with UMP. We had pretty much decided the all lower classes were not going to be UMP sanctioned in 2015. Now in light of recent UMP actions that are way out of line we are seriously considering dropping them altogether all classes and going it on our own. Maybe sooner than later! We have started talking to possibilities already.
What do the racer's think? We would like to hear from you. If you don't want to go public here feel free to call me."

Here is a the tracks Facebook page (1st post at top of page): www.facebook.com/BelleClairSpeedway?fref=nf

All of that talk because the guy that keeps BelleVegas funded (Kreke) got suspended from all UMP tracks because of their actions at Pevely a few weeks ago..

I don't tell Don Hoener how to run his track. See his comment. He has been considering this for awhile. I will share a summary of my suspension.

I went to Kiefers pit after he wrecked us at i55. When pulling into his pit Kiefer ran me over with his race car and broke my foot in three places. He has admitted that he did it intentionally. UMP suspended me for 30 days for going into a competitors pit. I accepted that penalty. The problem that I had was that Kiefer received the exact penalty even though he used his race car as a weapon. I objected and called Sam Driggers a " pussy" in an email. He responded by suspending me indefinitely and then also suspended Brent for 30 days. I guess I hurt SAMs ego. I did no more and no less. Have at it boys. This will be my only comment.

PS you LM guys should pay me for Kiefer being off the track for 30 days. LOL

Last edited:
It would not bother me one bit all if everyone dropped UMP ! From a AARA Sportsman point of view it is basically worthless. We pay for the membership ( CAUSE WE HAVE TO ) to race. Not everyone is a point racer/chaser. Then they have a set of rules. Or should I say they let every track do whatever they want because there are NO SET RULES... Why have an association that can't make (1) set of rules for one class of cars... ?????? Then stand behind them. This class pays for a membership you'd think they could pay someone to draft a set. Review them and Implement them. Bottom line we pay for a membership but every track has a different set of rules. Hard to compete if you travel cause other tracks have different rules for motors- tires - 3 link vs 4 link ect........ Yep would not hurt my feelings at all if tracks dropped these money grubbers..... JMO !

How about the tires u run the heat on u have to run feature on .... If ur trying to cut cost get rid of all motors over 600hp heck while ur at it make a rule no new cars to must be 3 yrs old or older.... My point is it's out of control tracks that only use lm 40 or 55 are no better off than we are around here car counts suck everywhere .... Not aiming this at anyone but there was a time when we raced and didn't have nightly fights or issues nightly WE RACED went home came back next week we had friendships with other racers that part is gone fix that and maybe racing will grow again

Last edited:
Just a brief statement. While me and Al are Best of Friends when it comes to the race track we have always shared promotional ideas, and between the two of us I believe we have come up with some of the most Awesome promotions for the fans and racers. Yes he helps me with some protection for failure of these ideas and he helps me by soliciting sponsorship the same way he & Gary Gerstner help alot of racers fund their race programs.
The decisions for the track are solely mine to succeed or fail.
There are plenty of racers who can vouch for the fact that I have talked about exiting ump for the lower classes for quite awhile. While I was a big supporter of 100% membership I have gone sour on it because they have done nothing positive for the classes involved with the $$$. As a Promoter I am seeing large resistance to the required membership with cars sitting in protest. I have also had drivers call and ask if they had to have one to race, when told yes they hang up. Then I see them in results at other ump tracks which means enforcement is selective by ump.
It is also widely known that when it comes to tire testing by ump during summer nationals the last few years that the penalty for being caught varied by who you were.
Now the latest is conduct penalties handed down with gross inconsistency. I personally have had enough.
We are currently polling our drivers and are considering other possibilities. We have been contacted by other sanctioning bodies that are eager to come to Belle-Vegas. Maybe we will offer some Great stuff on our own. Maybe we'll succeed and maybe we'll fail but it will be my decision.

Just a brief statement. While me and Al are Best of Friends when it comes to the race track we have always shared promotional ideas, and between the two of us I believe we have come up with some of the most Awesome promotions for the fans and racers. Yes he helps me with some protection for failure of these ideas and he helps me by soliciting sponsorship the same way he & Gary Gerstner help alot of racers fund their race programs.
There are plenty of racers who can vouch for the fact that I have talked about exiting ump for the lower classes for quite awhile. While I was a big supporter of 100% membership I have gone sour on it because they have done nothing positive for the classes involved with the $$$. As a Promoter I am seeing large resistance to the required membership with cars sitting in protest. I have also had drivers call and ask if they had to have one to race, when told yes they hang up. Then I see them in results at other ump tracks which means enforcement is selective by ump.
It is also widely known that when it comes to tire testing by ump during summer nationals the last few years that the penalty for being caught varied by who you were.
Now the latest is conduct penalties handed down with gross inconsistency. I personally have had enough.
We are currently polling our drivers and are considering other possibilities. We have been contacted by other sanctioning bodies that are eager to come to Belle-Vegas. Maybe we will offer some Great stuff on our own. Maybe we'll succeed and maybe we'll fail but it will be my decision.

Don good luck and hope you succeed. Even here in the Chicagoland region UMP is a joke and doesn't do much for most of the lower class racers unless you high in points i.e. track, regional, national, ect. Some of the rules are a crock of s*#t and has caused some tracks to lose cars. Me and some friend where talking about it at are race shop the other day even some of the Modified rules are a joke too.

Al Kreke, I have a couple questions #1 would you have a broken foot and be suspended if you had followed basic rules of racing and not gone to somebody elses pit apparently you do not have time to go drivers meetings! #2 you say you want more tech but didn`t you threaten to get your lawyers involved when a racer got caught at Highland a couple years ago with tires that UMP said were illegal- you can't be on both sides of the fence!

Al Kreke, I have a couple questions #1 would you have a broken foot and be suspended if you had followed basic rules of racing and not gone to somebody elses pit apparently you do not have time to go drivers meetings! #2 you say you want more tech but didn`t you threaten to get your lawyers involved when a racer got caught at Highland a couple years ago with tires that UMP said were illegal- you can't be on both sides of the fence!
What's the relevance of these questions? Not sure Al is complaining about being suspended or really gives a hell. I would be quite certain he knew and knows what could have happened. Also why would he go to a drivers meeting he's a owner not a driver. Lastly as far as him making statements before about ump enforcing the rules of tech I can't speak for him but I would bet his problem is the same as everyone's. CONSISTENCY not just when they feel like it.

Last edited:
Belleville will be the place to be if ump is kicked out...car counts will be unbelievable imo!

If this happens then you will not be seeing anymore UMP Summernationals races at Belle-Clair. That would definitely be a negative of dropping UMP.

Last edited:

Back