Att...all Racecar Drivers!!!!

racinstacy00

This is the family of #00 Rick Rhoades.
Rick had a bad accident today while unloading the racecar out of his trailer.
The car got caught on the rear door cables and he tried to free the cables and when he did they snapped in half.Resulting in 2 of his fingers being cut off.Left thumb,Right pinky and breaking his left wrist.He is in Springfield memorial Hospital.I will keep you posted as we find out more details.

Thank you for all your support,
Barb,Chris,Stacy,David,Nikki and Grandkids.

We wish Rick a speedy recovery, and are saddened by the terrible news...hope to see him back at the track

Whitney, Alan, Theresa Conroy...

Thank you very much..I will be sure and tell him that you all are thinking about him as soon as he gets out of surgery.He went in at midnight and we still havent heard anything yet.In case you are all wondering how im posting these so fast.The Surgery waiting room has a computer with internet.As soon as we hear something I will post it.Thanks again.

Stacy.

Well its 3:15am and we just got a update from Ricks nurse..He is stable and doing good.They are still trying to attach his thumb.They havent started on his pinky yet.But as of right now he is ok.The nurse said it will be awhile before we hear from her again.I will post again when I hear more.

Stacy.

just got back from the hospital uncle rick is doing ok i am sure his daughter will be on here to let you know exactly what the doctors said but as of 6:30 he was out of surgery.

RICK
sorry to hear about your accident.
dont let it get you down you will overcome this.
wishing you a speedy recovery.

jim morris

Ok Rick is out of recovery and in his own room.The doctor did tell my mom that the thumb dont look good(after it was put back on)He is going to wait until this afternoon to see if there is any improvement in it.If not and he thinks it will never work again.They are going to take the thumb back off and leave it at that.Even after all he has been through..He only wants 1 thing...."A DAMN CIGARETTE"..lol.I also wanted to thank those of you who have posted on my dads behalf.I will be sure and print these and take them to him.You all are more then welcome to call over and talk to him in a day or two.I know he would like that.Hes going to be in Springfield Medical for 7 to 10 days.Again thank you and I will keep you posted.

Stacy.

Wishing you a quick recovery Rick. If there's anything any of us can do to help out, just let us know.

I can't say I really know you but I never like hearing of stuff like this. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope you're back at it again soon!

We hope for a speedy recovery. Prayers for you and your family. Get well soon.

Dirtman07 and the LaBrier Family

hey stacy. i hope your dad gets better. i know your prally dont know me by this name but ive talked to ya on yahoo a few times when jilly and pat have been on. hope all goes well for you guys and sorry to here about this terrible accident

Ok..Good news everyone!..The doctor came in to check the thumb for feeling and movement...He moved it for the doctor and he could feel the doctor poke his thumb.His thumb is also warm which means the blood is flowing like it should.He is still a lil out of it but they are talking to him and letting him know where hes at and whats going on.Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers we need all we can get.My mom sends her greatest thanks.She is a lil tired and wanting him home.But other then that shes doing good as well.When she called to update me a few mins ago.I read all the replys to her and she couldnt believe it.Thanks again.

Stacy.

i am very glad to hear that he is doing better but sad because of what happened to him i hope that he makes a full recovery

First off i am so sorry to hear about this happening to rick , i do not know him personly but have watched him race when we have been at the same track racing. That is great news that there is feeling in the thumb, keep up the speedy recovery rick and our thought and prayers are with the rest of the family.

Grondzki racing

Back