Attention Hornet Drivers

Shaw18 Racing

St. Jacob Glass
How about a claim rule on motor, tranny, suspension(Springs and Struts), and PCM? All together or separate depending on what you want to claim. As far as pulling a motor or tranny, the tech man will mark the motor/tranny and you cannot race again until you bring the motor/tranny back to the track to turn over to the person who has done the claim. This way it will leave it up to the car owner to pull the motor/tranny instead of doing it at the track.

As far as having a meeting it would be much better to do our discussion on this website that way everyone can state their own opinions without too much of an arguement.

Would like to have some input on this.

Rob

NO NO NO! If ur gonna pull a motor and or tranny for a claim it should be pulled that night at the track. Because u could go home and change things that you have in the motor and or tranny. This way if you take it out at the track ther can be no confusion about wat u may have done to the motor. But with that you need to have a certian amount of money that goes to the tech guy and towing company say 100.00 dollars a person. And the only people that can touch the motor and or tranny is the tech guy and the tow truck operaters. Plus there needs to be a set amount that goes to the person that loses the motor and or tranny. And if you do not abide by the claim you (the person losing the motor) will loose all there points for the year and not be aloud to race in any class the following year and then on top of that also pay the tech guy and tow operater for there troubles. This is all just a start and also just my opinion.

I was just concerned about time after the races to pull a motor. What if you could mark the motor with paint on the bolts like speed lube does with the oil plug?

Wat about the money for the tow truck operator and the tech guy?????? I say at least 75.00 dollars a peice so 150.00 or so sounds like a good start.

What if you pull the valve cover and tag the cams and mark the block, thottle body, and intake so that you know it was the same motor with the same parts?

No No Touching The Motor Unless It Is The Tech Guy And Or Tow Operators. The Car Dont Get Touched By The Owners Sorry.

I'm talking about the tech-guy He marks the motor and its up to the owner to pull it. Then bring it back the next week with the same tags & markings. That way no-one has to pull it but the owner, but the tags & markings will make him honest.

What if I have magical parts that change whenever you look at them??? This is exactly why we have rules meetings in person to talk about instead of back and forth arguement on the internet. But I guess if I will add to this conv...... Still missing the big part in teching hornets, do you think the tech guy knows the exact size of stock saturn/cavalier/eclipse/...w/e kind of 4cyl. to stand there and tell you that you are illegal. First the person claiming would probably have to come up with stock specs for the cam, valves, PCM, and would have to have sufficient evidence. Because I sure as hell wouldnt know the difference between a stock cam and an aftermarket cam by just looking at it. As for the rest I will just save it for the rules meetings.

What if instead of trying to come up with rules to make sure that everyone is legal, you just tell the Eilers that they cannot race their million dollar cavaliers anymore and end the problem all together?!?!?!?

Just a thought

I agree with racinredneck. Million dollar hornets dang thats more than a nascar for only 100.00 dollars to win dang i dont see them ever breakin even with ONE MILLION DOLLARS in there cars.

rules

I Hate To Say This . I Have To Agree With 3ef56a29n97 All Clames Need To Be Clamed As One At The Track .we Need A Car Clame Not Just Parts Only . Thanks I Will Be At Highland Tomarrow . Mybe We Can Go Down Stairs And Have A Short Discussion . I Know You Are All There To Eat So We Can Make It Short Thanks To All And Brang Your Input ...............................thanks Rob Edwards The Track Help

OOhh thanks Rob i see how you are. No but really i do like the idea of the whole car claim. But with that do they get to keep anything like Seat, Belts, Net. Or when the money is laid down wat is on the car is yours. Also wat type of money are we talking about for the car say at least 1,000.00 dollars. Because other than the motor tranny and suspension some people put alot of time and money into there rollcages (which they should).

I think the $600 claim at I-55 is pretty fair. Driver keeps seat, belts, net, and cell(i think). My car was built for less that $600, and its in the top 10 every week. Nobody will claim a car for $1000. I can buy two of them on here for that price, maybe a third.

Back