"B" Modified class for 2007?

Millsey

We need your input. Would you be interested in a "B" modified class for 2007 at the Fredericktown Raceway. Basically we would just adopt the "B" mod rules from Montgomery County Speedway. Please let us know...

No to B-mods, yes to sportsman. I have had at least 10 people call me and ask if the Rock is going to run sportsman. There are several people not racing this year that still have their cars. If the track adopts UMP sportsman rules and gets sanctioned you would not believe how many sportsman cars you would have. It truly would be like old times once again!!!

rules

Whatever rules you elect to adopt, at least take an unbiased view of them first. Believe it or not, some just make no sense.

FYI

One fairly big change to NEXT years (’07) Montgomery County Speedway B-Mod rules will be roller cams will no longer be legal. Just something to keep in mind if ya’ll are using MSC’s rules as a baseline.

I guarentee you there won't be a sportsmen class at Fredericktown.

Like I said as far as the rules for the "B" mods would be we would probably just adopt what Montgomery County uses.... They are fairly simple and easy to tech.

Too bad about the sportsmans not coming back, I liked 'em. Those who know me know I'm not a fan of modifieds, but I respect those who have them - I figure if you can figure out one of those squirly @ssed things, you're a heck of a racer!

As far as B mods, there's so many mods saturating the area I can see many guys going from IMCA to the B mod class. I think seperating mods to two different classes may give them more of a chance to race. Plus, it may just bring the guys from up north down to the area.

B-mods will be like the old sportsman class, not enough to even have a class and I doubt anybody up north is going to drive that far to participate. Who is in charge of this anyway? I think you guys will eventually have to have a meeting of sorts and get a realistic assessment of what will work and what will not. I hope you all keep an open mind and don't try to get a class to fly just because a friend has a B-mod!!!

Kenny will get a kick out of that statement..... LOL....

No, this is something we've talked about for almost two years. The sportsmen eliminated themselves, I always loved the class. We'll probably put on some special events that might feature the sportsmen, but other than the crate late models, "A" mods, Pure Streets and RAMS mini stocks there's nothing etched in stone. We're getting together here in the next few weeks to bang out the final stuff.

I'm pushing for us to have one big show at the track at the end of this season so that way everyone can see we are for real. It for sure would feature those four classes I previously mentioned, plus ??? We would have it on a Saturday sometime in like October. It would give us a chance to meet and greet, hand out rules and regulations and break the ice (hopefully no pun intended).....

Please, oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't do it on October 21st. I beg you!!!

Will the "A" mods be IMCA or UMP?

Millsey said:
I'm pushing for us to have one big show at the track at the end of this season so that way everyone can see we are for real. It for sure would feature those four classes I previously mentioned, plus ??? We would have it on a Saturday sometime in like October. It would give us a chance to meet and greet, hand out rules and regulations and break the ice (hopefully no pun intended).....

That would be awesome Millsey! I think we could get a ton of Crate cars there if you held it on a Saturday in October like you said.

Oh yeah, October 21 would be a bad idea but the weeks before that would be great!

Keep us posted

I know ya do a h*ll of a job keeping us updated anyway Millsy but I might start tearing the car apart already and start getting ready for next year. BUT if I have a chance to race at the Rock yet this year, I'LL BE THERE!!! Boy its gonna nice being able to race an hour from home :D .

"IMCA mods.... UMP won't fly down here" - I thought so, just wanted to be sure. Going UMP would ruffle a lot of feathers down here.

Please let me know what I can do to help. Anything to get the Rock ready. I can hammer nails pretty good, I have a love of power tools and I'm not too bad with wiring electric.

Cool! Hope to see Sean and Al there in October!

I thought you might like that. I was actually repeating something somebody else had said. I am serious about UMP Sportsman though, I have had several teams express a desire to run at the ROCK! I agree UMP Mods won't fly around hear.

I think it's great to at least consider the sportsman for some bigger races. I really hate to see them go out completely. If possible, try to keep them in mind for even more races than just the bigger ones.

Another point to consider, is how many RAMS do you expect to get? Last time they run at the ROCK, they couldn't produce any more cars than the Sportsman. Now that DRR is not a RAMS track there isn't anybody to pull from there either!

Wondering the same thing myself...

pwracing said:
Point given, still how many do you expect to get?
When the Rock was open before, I considered myself to be a loyal fan....loyal in the fact that I was there nearly EVERY Friday night they raced PAYING my way in; not loyal in the fact that I agreed with everything that went on there or calls that were made (but that's every track, not one is perfect). With that said, the last year at Fred'town saw very low car counts in BOTH the sportsman class AND the mini stocks! In fact, if I remember right, there was probably a larger car count of sportsman that mini stocks on any given Friday night. So why is it that one class is complete out of question and the other is already a guaranteed class for The Rock? I love the sportsman and miss them alot...there were some darn good races in that class (at SFCR and The Rock). So, I guess what I'm wondering is the same thing that Tom is......
How many do you expect to get on a weekly basis? I can think of a few but not enough to keep them on a weekly basis. JMO......

Let the bashing begin...................

"How many do you expect to get on a weekly basis? I can think of a few but not enough to keep them on a weekly basis."

Interesting question. Seems like a lot of drivers in both classes have moved on and are now driving mods and purestreets. Whether or not they have any desire to return to their former classes is another question. But, there is also the possibility of new folks entering the RAMS class and even the crate late model class. IIRC, the sportsman class suffered from nearly constant controversy and turmoil near the end of their run at Fredericktown. That may have something to do with the lack of interest in them as a class this time around.

All that said, I can't wait for the Rock to be back up and running. If they run rickshaws and donkey carts I'll still be there as often as I can.

Back