Bedrock rules meeting....7 Feb 2010

tobias101

Livin' the dream.........
THE BEDROCK MEETING WILL BE HELD ON FEBRUARY 7 2010.
DOORS WILL OPEN AT 12:00 AND THE MEETING WILL START AT 1:00.
TEAMSTERS LOCAL 50
1609 NORTH ILLINOIS
SWANSEA ILLINOIS

If you have raced or plan to race in the Outlaw class this year and can not make the meeting please pm/email any ideas for rules updates. I'll make sure they are addressed during the meeting.

The biggie is figuring out what to do with the GX390 & 390 Clones.

I have two ideas:
1. Change the rules to read:
2 strokes will not exceed 250cc's.
4 strokes will not exceed 500cc's.
Min. weight for all karts is 375 except rotary motors.
Rotary motors min weight 400.
No shifters.
No twin engines.
Single cylinders only.
or

2. Change the rules to read:
Motors based on 10hp blocks & 2 strokes under 150cc min weight 365.
Any motor not based on the above min weight 400.
Any rotary motor min weight 400.
Weight will be clearly displayed on the left side of the kart to ensure
scale worker can easily read
2 strokes will not exceed 250cc's.
4 strokes will not exceed 500cc's.
No shifters.
No twin engines.
Single cylinders only.

Another thing to keep in mind is Rockbranch is hoping to open this year. I will talk to Rodney this weekend and see what rules they will be using.

Just a suggestion, as I don't run outlaws, but if you are going to make the weights different for the GX390's, rotarys, and so on.....then why not just go by UAS? That way guys with smaller 200cc clones built up or animals and what not can run at lower weights and if someone wants a wankel they would have to weigh 425 to compensate....it would allow the drivers body size to dictate motor and (in my opinion) make for some good racing.

However, I will say.....the outlaw racing I seen at Bedrock last year the way you guys had it set up was AWESOME!

Who makes a 250cc. single cylinder,air cooled,2 cycle,kart racing engine????????????????????????????????????:mad:

Who makes a 250cc. single cylinder,air cooled,2 cycle,kart racing engine????????????????????????????????????:mad:

No body that I know of.....but there are some single cylinder 2 stroke motorcycle motors being used on karts.

Just a suggestion, as I don't run outlaws, but if you are going to make the weights different for the GX390's, rotarys, and so on.....then why not just go by UAS? That way guys with smaller 200cc clones built up or animals and what not can run at lower weights and if someone wants a wankel they would have to weigh 425 to compensate....it would allow the drivers body size to dictate motor and (in my opinion) make for some good racing.

However, I will say.....the outlaw racing I seen at Bedrock last year the way you guys had it set up was AWESOME!

It's been suggested....not much interest in the UAS rules...too many folks think the lightweights have an advantage.

Last year the 390's showed the age of Bedrocks outlaw rules...without feedback from the outlaw racers it's going to be hard to define the class.

Just go by the rules you had last year or you will loose karts and then you will be back to 4 or 5 karts.

Just go by the rules you had last year or you will loose karts and then you will be back to 4 or 5 karts.

I'll make sure your thoughts are express if you can't make the meeting.

I like the idea of limiting the max cc's, setting a min weight and going racing.

It's good that you have idea's but i am looking at the big picture wich is kart counts. Just use the rules you had last year and inforce them.

Tom...we can't use last years rules without splitting the class or running off karts.

How do you want the rules to read to keep the class together and not run off the 390 karts?

Again....I like set max cc's, min weight and go race.

If you cant go by the rules then go to belrive and race. I think it would be better for 1 kart to leave than run off 5 or 6 legal karts. You need to remember there are more than 1 track to race at this year.

If you cant go by the rules then go to belrive and race. I think it would be better for 1 kart to leave than run off 5 or 6 legal karts. You need to remember there are more than 1 track to race at this year.

So what you're saying is.....any rule change will result in you and others going to another track? So much for getting kart counts up :confused:

Thats what i am telling you. Things were fine at Bedrock till 1 guy showed up with a motor that was not in the rules and was allowed to run. That is what has pi??ed people off now you want to change the rules to let guys show up with 350 chevys on there karts. lets get back to last years rules and enforce them.

Buy the way how did you get put in charged of making up rules for this class?
I think the people that ran the class last year should make the rules and vote on them.

Thats what i am telling you. Things were fine at Bedrock till 1 guy showed up with a motor that was not in the rules and was allowed to run. That is what has pi??ed people off now you want to change the rules to let guys show up with 350 chevys on there karts. lets get back to last years rules and enforce them.

Buy the way how did you get put in charged of making up rules for this class?
I think the people that ran the class last year should make the rules and vote on them.

Well Tom, when the rules change I wish you the best where ever you choose to go. The flathead open is pretty much extinct in oval kart racing. Without expanding the rules to include the next generation of motors the class will die. When blocks, rods, cams, and bearings fail and can't be replaced, what then? Pretty sure the 350 Chevy will not be legal. Can't argue last years rules and what happened....wasn't my call.

As far as being in charge of making the rules you missed the mark. I was asked to help put something together for the coming season. This thread and my offer to bring any suggestion to the meeting stands. You have a voice in the matter here or at the meeting.

If I were in charge the rules would already be completed for next year. And almost no one would be happy. The kart counts at DQ have been pretty good this winter. I think there are two reasons for that $$$$$ and basically RWYB with no min. weight.

Ain't got the money to draw karts but I'd try the latter in a heart beat.

John no 390 is not a 10hp block it is a 13hp. why no vote on the rules, i got 3 new guys to run in this class and now you want to run them off also plus the 5 guys that ran there last year that you will run off.sounds to me like it will be you and mc cay and smoking Joe in the outlaw and rwyb class, I think that if somebody is put in charge of the rules they should know what they are doing to keep kart counts up, and the people running the class should agree on the rules and vote on them.

For anybody that cares, here are the rules from the local tracks as read from their websites.

Belle Rive out law rules are as follows:
Anything goes....350 min. weight

Rock Branck outlaw rules are as follows:
none posted except 375 min. weight

DuQuoin winter series rules as follows:
none, nada, zip

Bedrock Rules as follows:
4 Strokes up to 10 HP
2 Strokes up to 150cc max
375 min. weight

Currently Bed Rock is the only local track the GX 390 is not allowed to race at.

Rockbranch rules were the same as Bedrock.

what about the vote or dont you think ahybody would agree with you. and you cant call for a vote sunday with 3 days notice, people have other thing planed there are 2 big swap meets that people are going to........

Back