Dale Jr. docked 25 points for profanity.

Nascar has just announced that they have taken 25 points away from Dale Earnhardt Jr. for saying "sh*t" in victory lane Sun. at Talladega. I have just about seen everything.

That's just really stupid!!! So he said what was on his mind, big deal!!
Now they're gonna let what someone said, not how someone performed, determine that Championship!! :mad:

Terri

I Definatly Dont Agree

Good Lord ..... They need to watch regualr TV. Like soap operas, sitcoms, wrestling... etc. This is just my opinion but, i dont feel this was necassary. How does everyone else feel ? LD

Agree or disagree with the penalty...I'm not sure...
But what I do applaud NASCAR for is being consistent, even with Dale Jr.
Earlier in the year, they penalized Hornaday and Johnny Sauter for the same thing.

That's a bunch of S**T! If Howard Stern was racing NASCAR he wouldn't have any points! If Little "E" loses the title over this things could get ugly down south.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!(But please don't throw a beer can!)

I can't wait for the new T-shirts that will be coming out!

TTG/MM

Stupid!!!!

NASCAR, NASCAR, NASCAR..........penalizing someone for saying S H I T ?????
We've all heard worse at our local speedways. If they want to fine Jr. for what was said, do that. But taking points away when this championship is going to come down to the wire more than likely is RIDICULOUS!!!!! You should receive the points for what you DO ON the track.........WINNING the race (coming from what 10th with 4 laps to go?)....not what you SAY OFF the track!!!! Don't take something away that he worked so hard to get. If Little "E" loses this championship, things will get VERYYYYYYYYYYY ugly down south... S H I T may just hit the fan.........OOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSS did I say that out loud?

ghost67 - I agree that NASCAR should be consistent. It was right to make the decision based on precedent even though they knew it would be unpopular with the fans. Jr. has a huge fan base..... I also feel that whether the offending word is said in anger or in jubilation should make no difference. If the s-word is what caused the fines for Sauter and Hornaday, the same word should cause a fine for Earnhardt! It is only fair.
But, I also agree it would be complete BS if he loses the championship over it!!!!!!!!!!

i dont understand why anybody would be upset about somebody saying **** because it a common word use in every house hold across the us

Freedom of speech which means he can say wut he wants when he wants to so there for this is just another reason why everyone is getting sick of nascar.

hornet66 said:
i dont understand why anybody would be upset about somebody saying **** because it a common word use in every house hold across the us
Thats funny. You said ****, and it got deleted. Betcha Dale Jr wish he had that feature available to him when he gave the interview...

Now, theres an idea, why not just 5 second delay the post race interview feed, and bleep the expletives?

I do agree though, at least NASCAR was consistent on this, and popped Jr the same as Sauter. Sauter dropped from 2nd to 4th in points early in the season for the same offense. I mean, what choice did NASCAR really have? If they had overlooked it, or said "cussing in celebration is ok, cussing in anger is not" then who's to say the next time Jr hops out, he isnt joyously proclaiming that his win was motherf'ing brilliant, and he cant f'ing wait drink a whole f'ing ****load of beer with the crew? Anyway, the big thing seems to be the FCC fines that could result if no action is taken by NASCAR to control the language.

Seems fair to me.

I really like JR a lot. I hope he wins the championship. But if you're going to play someone's game, you have to play by their rules. I don't necessarily agree with the points penalty for something that had nothing to do with racing but NASCAR really had no choice. They had given the same penalty for the same words twice before. There is no way they could ignore it now just because its JR and he's in the chase. Everyone can whine and complain about NASCAR rules and penalties all they want. But tell me where else any of those guys would be enjoying the lifestyles that are. NASCAR and TV have made them all millionaires. If they want to reap the benefits they have to obey the rules. If you don't like the rules, don't play the game. It's unfortunate that JR let that word slip and I think he is honestly sorry. But the fact is, he did, and he has to pay the price. I hope he's able to overcome the penalty. I applaud NASCAR for sticking to their guns knowing that this would be a very unpopular decision. If they had made some excuse for ignoring it they would have lost even more respect and credibility. If JR had won the points by 10 without the penalty, everyone would have said that NASCAR gave it to him. By treating him the same as others, if he does win, he will have earned it fairly and no one will be able to complain. I think he's big enough to accept that and work even harder. At least I hope so.

Just my opinion.

I think one issue is that being consistant never seemed to be a big priority for NASCAR before now. How many teams had illegal parts confiscated this season that would actually make their car faster but never had points taken away, and then they take 25 points for something like this? Granted Junior should not have used that word in victory lane, but the punishment needs to fit the crime. Just because the networks do not want to spend a little extra money on having a delay, they think they can just push the responsibility off on the participants and NASCAR goes along with it. Is anyone going to shove a microphone in the face of an NFL player right after a touchdown and think that someone would not need to have their finger on the bleep button? The ten race championship chase has had so many unintended consequences that NASCAR never even considered that I am betting Junior will loose the championship by less than 25 points.

nascar doesnt what jr to they want gay boy to thats why they make the rules as they go wow that sounds like a local track i know

I would just like to say THANKS to Janet Jackson for starting the controversy. Had she kept her clothes on during the Superbowl, things wouldn't be so locked down. I don't agree with the ruling, but I do respect it because they did it earlier in the year to other drivers. Thank you NASCAR for being fair to all. Everyone watch what you do & say they are all watching & listening.

Can they the driver choose not to have a post race interview after the race ??? Or is that another fine ????? I mean it's all so staged at the end. Did you see him jump out of the car celebrating then had to get back in it to get out for the cameras LOL!!! I know we are paying for it but if it has this kind of a price tag I'd save my interview for when I wasn't so f ' ing happy !!!! :eek: LOL!!!!!

The drivers were warned many times during the season to watch their language. The fine and docked points are consistant with penalties handed down earlier in the year for the use of profanity. Sh!t may be a common word, but it's still profanity.

dirtgirl said it all! It's ALL TOO STAGED! TV has ruined racing for the most part, it takes the spontanaity (SP) out of it.

This is one reason I don't want DLM's to get popular on TV, among others.

Back