Decisions

stpower

Any definite decisions been made yet on classes for next year? We would like to know so we know what direction to go with the cars.
Thanks
DEREK

?'s

Kayee Thompson sent me a PM saying A mods are being replaced by multis. No other decisions had been made as of last week.

I heard they was dropping the A mods. If thats the case I'm going to encourage Doe Run to run legal B mods. Dropping the A mods they are opening up the B mod class for more illegal cars like last year that they can't catch because they need a good tech guy. Bill Nichelson showed that at Doe Run the cars are equal legal or illegal. The fans don't want to see the same 2 or 3 win and who wants to race against them with no chance of winning. The only thing the crate car was good for was to load your car up, because there was only 5 or 6 of them. And then go watch the A mods. because there was 10 to 15 of them and put on a better race any day. Why would you want to run a couple crates with out of town guys instead of 10 to 15 or more A mods. If the weather looked bad they won't pull down for the fear of a rain out. The A mod drivers show upevery time because there the loca guys. But thats why the track closed down last year bad decision. You have a certain lady wanting to run the track for her cars and isn't thinking of the overall pictures of who brings the money in and its not crates. This is my thought but somebody needs to wake the owners up and not go by a couple of people, take a vote. Who tried to keep the track open last year A Mods. drivers not the Crate class I'm not hiding my name if my thoughts and like I said Come on Kenny Harris and get the B-Mods at Doe Run I know of 3 cars (oh thats more cars than the crate class), for sure that will be there. Who wants to run against A Mods in the B class like we do now.............. Paul Will

What's The Deal ??????

First off, i am directing this question to Anne because i do know she does read this when she has time. NOT to any 3rd party person.

I was wandering why Fredericktown has decided to run the Multis ? I think it is in poor taste to take this class from a Friday night home track. The Modifieds should stay where they are and if a class should be let go it should be the Mini-stocks. Im sorry drivers, you all know i have supported this class since it started in this area. But i beleive many are stepping up into bigger classes. I feel running 4 GOOD classes of cars at Fredericktown would be a wonderful show ! NOT taking a class from another track. Thanks Anne for listening and i appreciate any response you may have. LD

WHAT? No A-mods? Replacing them with the multis?????
That's NUTS!!!!! First and foremost, we need to get rid of AT LEAST one class WITHOUT adding any others.....6 classes is WAY too many! I agree with LD that it is in VERY poor taste to try to "steal" a class from another Friday night track that is SO close and has been nothing but supportive of this class. It will just end up being like the mini stocks....not enough cars to really support BOTH tracks (and put on a good show that is). The crates do NOT pull in the crowd...it's the A-mods. Getting rid of them will do nothing but hurt the track (in my opinion). :mad::confused::rolleyes:

I can't believe it.. Well i can because I've heard the rumor for a while, but to cut the A Mods is crazy if you ask me. And then to add multis is just as bad a decision. The A Mod is the headliner there. That's just 2 bad decisions to me.

Hmmm. Where to begin. I agree 6 classes are too many to run every night. Maybe alternate some classes, but that works against builting class loyalty and fan base. I must say I really enjoyed both the Crates and the A mods the most. Trouble is their payout is higher. But to eliminate both would be, in my opinion a crushing blow. You really need a premier class. As for the mini stocks, they really are not my favorite, but racers need a class to begin in and a way to get experience. As for multis' I have always thought the Rock is/would be a good track for them; nice banking and just long enough. But I'm not too comfortable with being in direct competition with Doe Run either. Maybe to change things up, a deal could be struck with Doe Run to alternate weeks with multis, dwarfs, B-mods, and/or mini's. Again, could affect fan base, but it might be good to have some variety without having to have 6 classes. Like HobbieStocksFan, I'd be interested in what the owners have to say.

Multi's?? are you kidding me theres barely enough multis left to have a good car count at drr, now your going to break the cars up between the two tracks? Come on fredericktown management use your brain! I can already see its going to be just like last year, 6 classes and expect for b-mods and pure streets most of the other classes will struggle once again to pull 10cars.

Appreciate the Comments ....

Im glad to see others voicing their opinions. THIS IS WHAT A FORUM IS FOR !!!!!!!! :) My personal feelings are that Fredericktown should run 1. A - Mods 2. B - Mods 3. Pure Streets on a weekly basis. If DRR isn't running the Multis they could be invited to come down and run for that night. As far as the Crate Late Models, i like to watch them run BUT, what about getting the track sanctioned for Sportsmans ?????? Is this something that would be good for the track ? Seriously, i , like Crystal, would rather watch 4 GREAT races than 6 and 3 of the classes have 4 cars Dont make sense :confused: Please, everyone that makes decisions... think about this. Why bring on unnecessary tention, WORK TOGETHER ! LD

How about :

1} Pure Streets = A good class with lots of close racing and good battles.

2} B Mods = Good growing class that will prove to be close racing.

3} Cars Crate Latemodels = Growing class that if the track hangs with it
will become a good class.

4} U.M.P. A Mods = U.M.P rules alot of cars and everyone can get points
on a Friday night in MO.

Tech all of the classes with tech poeple that will make everyone play inside the rules and wont let some adjust ther way to be legal or let them slide.

What do you think????

I think Paul Will should get a clue!!!!!!! I know for a fact that one of the faster cars was legal, b-mod that is, and was even tore down by the track. Nothing was found to be illegal. But since some people don't compete as well as they think they should they throw the cheater card. Who cares what classes are run. Either support the track or don't. And as for the techs, I believe they quit and there will be new ones this year and I will be willing to bet you all will ***** about them too!

A-Mods/B-Mods/Multis????????????????????????

Untill i can afford new e-mods every Weekend, no to the UMP deal. As for the DoeRun exibition for B-mods? was "everyone" in that race b-mod legal? DoeRun or Fredericktown rules? No. Multi's? you guy's are getting too goofy. Jon Reando

Untill i can afford new e-mods every Weekend, no to the UMP deal. As for the DoeRun exibition for B-mods? was "everyone" in that race b-mod legal? DoeRun or Fredericktown rules? No. Multi's? you guy's are getting too goofy. Jon Reando

Sorry Jon, But it was just that, an EXIBITION show.......... Rules really didn't matter... It was just to put on a show for the fans... Nothing was paid out, drivers got in free....

We didn't get in free, but the payout was $75 no matter where you finished the feature. Not to step on your toes Lisa, just helping getting it straight.

Ok

Ok Bill, I new it wasnt anything to brag about... It was just a show to put on... Don't want people thinking it was some big thing and people were cheating......

Sorry Jon, But it was just that, an EXIBITION show.......... Rules really didn't matter... It was just to put on a show for the fans..

No apology needed for me, just seems to make sense that even in an exibition race rules should matter.

Back