Face it folks--Godfrey's NOT going to change

Brandon Paul

Free agent score guy
For all the platitudes that Chad gave the Alton Telegraph about how they're concerned with trying to get the program done earlier, you might think we'd see some action in that regard.

Regrettebly, NO. :( They're still qualifying not one but TWO classes. They're still running these assinine 4 or 5 car heats. (5 cars in the first mod heat, 4 cars in mod heat #2, 4 cars in LM #1, 5 in LM #2) Then in B-Mod heat #3 attrition reduced the field to 3 cars. One might logically figure that they would just checker the race at the point. Nope. We're going to finish that race come h--- or high water. :rolleyes:

Bottom line is the LM feature didn't finish until 10:50--and they still had two mains to run at the point. And before anyone gets on here and trots out the excuse that the ambulance had to leave, and/or that they had to run a make-up feature in the B-Mods, let me point out that the make-up race got done at 7:35. But we didn't see anymore heat races until 8:03 because of all the time trials. And the ambulance delay was only 20-1/2 minutes. So even if the EMTs didn't have to leave, the LM main still wouldn't have been done until 10:30--and again, they still would've had two classes' mains to run.

Oh, and the sportsman main went caution-free, and was run in 5 minutes. It took longer to line the race up--7 minutes--than it did to actually RUN it. :rolleyes:

Face it people--Chad--regardless of what he might say to the paper to placate the neighbors and angry fans--doesn't appear committed to doing anything substantive to speed up the program until the town enacts a strict curfew. :(

Brandon ??????

Oh wise one..... Give it a rest. In your short comentary of Godfreys racing last night, you forgot to tell of the 2 roll overs in the street stock class that took a few more minutes to clear, than a usual wreck. One of which had to go out on a roll back. Not just a two minute hook-up and go. The only complaint I think anyone could really come up with is the dust, but with the heat this week what did you expect? Also they did run the extra feature for the b-mods and with the ambulance problem... Barring those circumstances they would have been done closer to your bed time of 11:00p.m.
Also I didn't see an extra body in the infield box, guess you didn't take Dana up on the invitation to see how much it takes to run the line-ups and score...ect. and by the way....Do you think it would have really been fair to the 3 car heat race in the b-mods to just checker it...NO.... They paid there money just like everyone else TO RACE...DUH Thats why they are there, but then how would you know...DO YOU RACE...?!!!! Do you OWN a car? Bet the answer to both of those questions are NO. I didn't hear them call BRANDON PAUL'S #1 to line up.
I think they did a very good job to give the REAL race fans , drivers and car owners what they came for. Great job to Chad and crew.
Hey Brandon here is an idea... remember BELLEVILLE races on Friday, too. HINT HINT

MOMMA DREW
co-owner of the 88 sportsman

I have to dissagree on that one maybe not 10 car heats but usually B-ville runs 3 LM heats with about 7 or 8 cars in each, and about 3 Mod heats with 7or 8 cars! Yea I have to give it to the ppl who run B-ville, they started having a problem with the cerfew, and they have stepped it up a notch! I wouold way rather watch a field of 7 or 8 than one of 3 or 4 or 5! I think Belleville always does a great job of things! Thery must be doing something right, because they draw in an average of 20 LM and 20 Mods every Friday night!

Brandon Paul,

Why do you even go to the races if they make you so unhappy? You must not be very smart to keep torturing yourself that way. I'm sure glad my life isn't that miserable!!!

I'm going to Pevely tonight. I'll bet I have a good time and enjoy the racing.

nosretsam said:
I'm going to Pevely tonight. I'll bet I have a good time and enjoy the racing.

If you're going to go to Pevely, 2 things:

1. Dixon's not there, he's running Macon tonight to get a feel for tomorrow night's CoC race up there.

2. You'd better start praying to the god of sun (Rah?) to keep the rain away.....it's not looking good right now.

I would have to agree with mama drew that godfrey did a good job last night with all of the circumstances. I do think that godfrey could change a few things to finish early, but if you dont like how they are racing why not go somewhere else?????? Between the ambulance having to leave and Andy Beavers flipping his car, and 1 other driver flipping I was amazed they finished up the night at all.
So, Brandon Paul I think you should take everyone's advise and just go somewhere else on Friday. Oh but you probably will complain then that you have to drive?????

Brandon, it is hard to believe you can even call yourself a race fan. It would appear from your numerous griping posts that all you are is chronic complainer. God knows, we already have way too many of those. It really takes a complete idiot to complain the racing took too long with the amount of carnage the crews had to sort out last night. Give you a million one dollar bills, you would gripe at having to count them.

I thought they did better actually about getting the cautions restarted. I think it was a good idea to run the B Mod feature FIRST...instead of 11:00 or so..and how is it fair to checker a race just because there are only 3 cars in it?? They paid just as much as anyone else did to race....the only complaint i had was the dust...i havent seen it that bad there for a long time..but thats not that big of a deal, i understand its a race track and you are going to get dirty :p ...otherwise good job

Please Quit Complaing About...

PLease quit complaing about Godfrey...lets face this bud if you don't it like then hey don't GO plain and simple !!!! Dam give it a rest!!!! :confused: :eek: Maybe you need to find yourself a new hobby...ya I think you do!!!!!:)

Tri-City ran tonight and had a great show. Street stock flipped and had they also had alot of cautions. Got done at 10:00. Naylor was there racing,maybe trying to get some insight on how to get done sooner.........lol....Good to see Scott Drew there as well. Haven't seen him at Tri-city in years...Great racing by all drivers. :) :)

Yes, i went to tri city tonight for the first time in a long time...i was very impressed on their timing...they had intermission shortly after 8:00 and they ran all but 2 features by the time i left a little after 9...

That is true..dont like the way its run..other tracks to goto on Friday's. Ever talked to chad..he is a pretty cool guy..and is trying to make a go of it. Wanna help..afraid to score? He can use help in track prep...ect. Or..just plain ask him on Friday's at the track. And dont anyone ever..ever..blame a tow truck operator for a problem..or..problem..till you have ran one yourself..dealt with screaming driver's...hot cars..ect..because..its no picnic.

I find it highly ironic that Brandon showed up to watch and critique yet did you take Dana up on her offer to go down to the infield and see how it's done? Obviously not. I worked side by side the first half of this season as a scorer and believe me we did our part to keep the show running. Really sounds like you must not be a race fan or else you would just shut up and watch the show. It is so easy to sit and run your mouth have you ever thought of showing up early and offering to volunteer to help get and keep the show going? I mean it sure sounds like you are much smarter and more efficient than the average person. With your expert opinions I'm sure you could make Godfrey perfect right? NOT! You need to give it a rest and find a new hobby. You are becoming boring and assinine.

Back