For those wanting more Tri-City info, here you go!

My Opinion Is Fridays With No Ump And Not Having Sportsman Are Both Stupid Moves!

Thanks Kevin!

The whole allure of UMP points is highly overated. I always chuckle when track announcers will read off the UMP so-called "National" points standings in an attempt to impress the casual fan. Let's face it, UMP is essentially nothing more than a STL championship these days, and even more so in their support classes. (That's not to suggest that it's not impressive to win the UMP points title, but it's simply not the same as winning, say, a truly national deal such the Nascar Weekly Series title.)

I know I'm going to have every member of this board who's even remotely involved with a sportsman team flaming on me,and contrary to how some might think, I don't have some agenda against the sportsman class. That said, some class really had to go. No matter how efficiently a program might be run,or how competent the officials might be, it's rather difficult to run a six class program without the show turning into a four hour plus marathon.

(Plus, my guess is they might be thinking some of the sportsman racers will move up to the crate models anyway.)

yep it plain stinks and brandon go back to the mini sprints if the nascar weekly points dealis so great why is there not one track inthis area running for it

(Plus, my guess is they might be thinking some of the sportsman racers will move up to the crate models anyway.)

I am sure there are a few teams that are moving to crates (and Mods) but I think that decision was made before the Tri-City announcement. I don't think more teams will switch with them dropping the class. There are still tracks running the Sportsman. It will be cheaper to switch tracks than switch classes.

I am going to miss going to Tri-City. I guess I will get to visit when our sportsman takes the night off.

your going to have alot of guys dropiong into the street stocks also and using there sportsman motors and all that other good stuff 2007 is going to make for an interesting year id say

Thanks Kevin that is one of the dumbest things you've did ...I never thought I'd say this "I want Bob Wente back "And when your getting 7 crates a week don't ask us to come back and bail your a** out!!!!

blame it sean2 also what I say about 2 many classes but no no one listens to me tri city will always be snake bittenfor changing classes changing nights etc .what a shame

I think Tri-City will be just fine next season with the addition of the crates and moving to Friday nights.

dirt hound, mad daddy, crotch sniffer or whatever name you are using this week, if I owned or promoted a track in this area, the first thing I would do is put a big picture of you by the ticket booth with the words BANNED, do not allow him in the gate! All you do is whine and complain...

Mad daddy do you have something against micro's. Because I don't want to start anything but I am pretty sure when the micro and midget shows are at Belleville the micros almost draw more cars alone than Belleville draws in every class on a weekly event. Don't mean to bash Belleville but when you can't draw 20 cars in each class the track is going down. That is what cost Bittle the Ump points was only running against less than 20 cars a week. Also if you ran a track I don't think you would make every decision that make everyone in the racing community happy. JMO

I want to thank Kevin & Tammy Gundaker & the entire Tri-City crew for all the support that they have given the C.A.R.S. Weekly Racing Series this year. The C.A.R.S. staff, drivers, crew members & fans appreciate the fact the Tri-City Speedway has stepped up to the plate & given the crate late models a home in the St.Louis area. We are looking forward to a great 2007 season at Tri-City Speedway.

Thanks again,
Sean Franklin
C.A.R.S. Weekly Racing Series

Too bad. Guess Friday nights next year will BORING. There will be NO need for us to come next year to watch. Planned on bringing ...TWO ...sportsmans next year since you were moving to Fridays since we lost Godfrey. And I know of others that were going to come that didn't race last year.... TOUGH call. BUT I think you will be surprised to see how many faces you will lose in the crowd that actually came to watch them. Yea, yea, I know there will be 2 for everyone you lose...LOL
After watching the crates at Greenville. DO they have a real following like the sportsmans...NO.... The likely class to drop would have been the HORNETS .. JMO. But they are a promoters dream...money comes in and NOT to much PAYOUT...
I would like to see a hand count of HOW many sportsman drivers will actually be switching to a crate. I can bet NOT many. Lets see ....
1. They will have to sell their car. (Not much market for them, NOW). have to raise capital and now find a used up late model thats not TOO wore out. If thats at all possible.
2. BUY new tires, cause the old ones won't do.
3. NOW the power plant..more $$$$$$. They don't have a FORD replacement.:eek: That leaves us out. ...
Nope I can't see many jumping up to the new wonder class.. But, do I see a few LATE MODEL drivers jumping down and do a little cherry picking.... YOU BET!!!

Oh well, TCS loss is Highlands gain...!!!!!

Changes are all around us so why would anyone think that changes at a race track would be any different? I think the changes will work out fine, it will take everyone a little while to get use to it but it will be just like everything else, Tammy and Kevin are looking to make things better and we should all just give them a chance. Bringing in the crates may not please everyone but it is a class that has a more level playing field. We will be giving the crate class a try this year at tri-city. I agree that you cant please everyone, but you can try to do whats best for the track as a whole and that does include changes and trying new things to give the track a chance to grow.

JMO
Kelly

Well I would like to say i'm glad you signed CARS on and went to Fridays.

With a new 3/8 track to go along with it , there is alot to look forward to.

Who is going to be running crates at Granite next year besides us?

Back