Fulton going UMP?

ames

I heard at Godfrey last nite that Callaway Raceway in Fulton MO was going UMP next year on Friday nites....Anybody know (or care)...:rolleyes:

I think it would hurt Fulton to go UMP. They get alot of drivers that run at places on Saturday night on American Racers. It would just cost alot of their drivers more money on tires. Don't get me wrong I like UMP, but I don't think the racing is any better on those tires and unless it has strong ties to another one I don't think it is wise. I know it is close to Montgomery County, but obviously alot of the drivers from there don't make the trip. I.E. Blackburn running at CMS this year.

laynejw said:
I think it would hurt Fulton to go UMP. They get alot of drivers that run at places on Saturday night on American Racers. It would just cost alot of their drivers more money on tires. I know it is close to Montgomery County, but obviously alot of the drivers from there don't make the trip.
Looking at the weekly results from Callaway Co, it seems to me a lot of drivers don't even make the trip to Fulton. (average of about 8 limited LMs)

Can you imagine the b---ing on here if someone were to win the UMP title by running at Fulton and Montgomery against 8-12 cars each week at both tracks?

fulton

fulton is not going to the ump sanction,however they are going to a more open tire rule next year to allow the guys to run hoosiers so they can run other tracks that run hoosiers(ump tracks).......this is what i was getting at in another post to watch at pevely and other ump tracks for these local drivers to excell at other tracks.....although it wouldnt be a bad deal for them to be ump and bring other drivers to the track,they will not do it as it is a family run track right now and they dont want the extra work of track prep and all that that comes along with ump.....but as i said they will be able to run hoosier tires next year so come and try the track out!!!!

also i forgot to say you will also still be able to run the american racer imca stamped tire as well at callaway...like i said they are just making it more open for other cars to come to fulton and for fulton drivers to be able to go pretty much anywhere and run,no ump snction will apply at fulton though..and also no they dont get alot of limited lates,but get a great count of pro and b- modifieds....

They dont pay hardly anything to run limited lates at Fulton. MCS is so close why Build a limited for Fulton when they pay almost as much to start at MCS. I would love to run Fulton fridays and MCS on saturdays. Brought mine to both this week and there were only seven including my All aluminum motored car at fulton. They would love more latemodels but they cant afford to pay a purse. the same situation happened at LaMonte 20+ cars every friday. But not enough people in the stands to pay the purse. The areas population just cant support it, would fans come from st.Louis to watch on fridays? I think not!!!
Still I would love it and hope it could someday be possible. We live in Fulton and ran there for the first time and really loved the track and my wife Kim won her heat and nearly won the main in her superstock. I basically went to test some changes I made to my car. But got enough of a taste to feel man this would be great to have 20 UMP latemodels here.
There are quite a few Latemodels in Central Missouri, Most run MLRA,MARS,IMCA,WDRL, even NCRA. There are also some real good drivers that have dropped back to mods because they dont like to travel. I really would like to see Lake Ozark step up and run latemodels Preferably UMP. But the Trackowner is into Sprintcars. Moberly is also a real nice fast high bank track, same situation as Fulton population. All these places could benefit from UMP and MCS, and MCS and UMP could benefit from Cental Missouri Racers. I could count all the cars that come to MCS from the west on one hand. Nearly a hundred that come from STL area. And Fulton is only 35 miles from MCS. I know a Good number of Fans come from Fulton I just dont understand why more drivers dont?

Don't Callawy Pay The B Mods More Thanthe Late Models Makes You Want To Go Hmmmm,also I Was Looking For The Cemtral Mo Boys Thisweekend And Couldn't Find One ,you Don't Bring A Knive To A Gun Fight

this has nothing to do with fulton but I hear Quincy is thinking about going to ump on sunday nights and have been talking to drivers about it. so we will have to wait and see on that one. :confused:

dirthound,i told ya many times to just keep your eyes peeled,they will pop in one day,and show ya what they're about..and if ya get tired of waiting,please come and get ya some!!!. trust me im not like you i dont need to bring anything but myself to a gunfight...yes the b-mods make more than the late models,they should they bring twice as many cars,the late models are weak,and the main competator being danny crane went back to a modified for that sole reason.scott midaugh is selling his late model so theres another one lost..my brother just bought a late model but that still will only put the count to about 8 next year...fulton car counts are all in the pro and b-modifieds...as i said before,i know the owners personally and they are not gonna go ump beause they dont want the headache,and dont want the extra work that goes into a weekly show for ump..what they told me is they are happy with the way fulton is right now and they have plenty of cars and fans...i have to agree that they have a great show and have better racing then most of the big tracks in the area...they have decided to let the hoosier tires to be allowed to let ump legal cars be able to run the track,and for the cars running at callway to be able to go run ump tracks without haveiing to buy another set of tires....

In Central Missouri modified racing is bigger than Late Model racing. To me it doesn't make any difference. It is actually kind of nice to have all the top cars and drivers in one division. I like Late Models and I like Modifieds. If they raced Late Models in Kansas City or Central MO we'd probably have one, but a track is going to have to show more of a commitment to get people to invest the $70,000 or so it's going to take the local racer to make the complete competitive switch.

I want the track officials and owners to know that I raced there on the 17th and had the time of my life. Very nice facility with a very racy track. 3 and 4 lanes wide of street stocks and no one touching. I would race there every Friday night next year if they would open the rules up at least to match MCS. I would like to suggust that the owners of MCS and Callaway get together this winter and work out a plan for the street stocks. It would be great to be able to run both tracks. I know of at least 5 cars both tracks could count on every week. Work out a points plan (like ump top finish of the weekend), some consistant pay :) and the rules for next year. How could this hurt either track?

Just my wishes,
Beau Davis

beau i have talked to the owner and they will be opening the rules up in all classes a little bit next year,ALLOWING HOOSIERS(bring it on hound dug)so if you wanna know for sure what they will be doing call and talk to the track.you are totally right on the track and i beleive if more UMP cars would come try it id have my point proven,great track great enviroment,great cars...we will run their and mcs all year next year...as for you dirt hound,you talk alot and dont make much since.bring your a** on down and ill show you myself how to get around a track..hoosier tires will be the best thing that happened to callaway...good day!!!!

45DW fan said:
this has nothing to do with fulton but I hear Quincy is thinking about going to ump on sunday nights and have been talking to drivers about it. so we will have to wait and see on that one. :confused:

SOMEBODY needs to run UMP LMs on Sunday. Whoever does it first, if they play their cards right, could get a bunch of cars. Just look at the Sunday show at Lincoln a few weeks ago--23 cars for only $1000 to win.

laynejw said:
In Central Missouri modified racing is bigger than Late Model racing. To me it doesn't make any difference. It is actually kind of nice to have all the top cars and drivers in one division.

On that note, maybe instead of trying to improve the car count in the LMs at both tracks, they could drop UMP altogether at MCS, drop the LMs, and switch the mods to USMTS type rules. Pay the mods what they are paying the LMs at MCS--I believe that's $750-$1000 to win, depending on car count. Same thing with the mods at Fulton.

Of course, would the fans still come out if they dropped the LMs? Because they didn't when Godfrey dropped the LMs.

fans would come to fulton if they drop the late models cause their isnt enough of them,however they will not do that,the owners son runs a late model at fulton and as long as their are a few cars they will not drop them.i have talked to a buch of people who are getting late models to run at fulton so i look for the class to be bigger next year,i dont ever look for it to outweigh the mods though.they get great modified counts in both the pro and b- mods and have great payout for them both.the late models at fulton are fun to watch but the modifieds are the main attraction and put on a spectacular show,you never know who will win there because the track is so racey with multiple lines to run,and long drag racing straits...

You Said It Dirt Hound,cause My Ol Buddy Steve Payne Runs The Big Hovis Powerplant,and Will Be On The Hoosier Hogs!!!!!whatcha Gotta Say Now Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back