Gas prices are going to be the death of racing

Millsey

These ridiculous gas prices are going to be the death of racing. There is no doubt about it. People are not going to be able to afford the weekly grind. I wrote about this before, but it's needs to be said again in words where people can understand. $3.00 per gallon = empty stands, less racers, promoters going broke and the death of the sport....

They still have not given a REAL reason for the increase. I've heard what they've said and it's all bull ****...

I dunno. Even at $5 a gallon gas is a bargain.

I get 15MPG in my truck, and you couldn't get me to walk 15 miles for five bucks.

Adjusted for inflation, oil is still cheaper than it was in the late 70's and early 80's.

Tim

I asked the guy at quicktrip today to please wear a condom when he takes my money ! ( I think you know what I mean )

Yes I will even be missing the $6.00 fan night at mcs due to gas, Sorry Mel , Gas first, play time 2nd

i work up in fenton and at 10:30 last night when i got to work gas was 3.29 a gallon for unleaded, then at 6:30 this morning the cheapest we seen for reg unleaded was 2.55 YIKES

The oil Barrons are making Billions off of us! Then this new bill passed will have us the tax payers paying to build the new refineries so they can contimue to lube us :eek: And they still make their billions ! Good ole' America the Rich keep getting richer from the REAL working man ! :rolleyes:

dirtgirl said:
The oil Barrons are making Billions off of us! Then this new bill passed will have us the tax payers paying to build the new refineries so they can contimue to lube us :eek: And they still make their billions ! Good ole' America the Rich keep getting richer from the REAL working man ! :rolleyes:
$44.00 just gets my hotrod alittle over 1/2 tank ! :mad:

Makes You Wonder Where We Will Be In 3 Years?

I'll Probably Be Out Of Work. We Make Fullsize Trucks That Aren't Really Easy On Fuel.

speedracn85 said:
That's for damn sure... I want a diesel now... atleast they dont use fuel to run the air...
Diesel is just as high,,when i got a diesel back in2000 it was $.99.now its 0ver$2.40 in some places if not higher,,cost me 80 bucks to fill her up!!!

“Death of racing?” C’mon now Millsey. Ya may want to look into getting yourself a rev limiter… You’re certainly getting a bit over-reved with that statement. ;) Unless already on shaky financial ground, promoters will survive the storm. I’d think the current ridiculous gas prices would liken more to a “swift hard kick to the shin” to the sport rather than “The final fatal blow.”

For those of you “Someone ought to do something” people, keep in mind we live in a country were the free market rules; and there’s true competition in the petroleum industry. There’s not much any one person, persons, groups, legislators, or executives can do about it, other than to use less gas thereby reducing demand. It absolutely ****s right now… BUT it’s the best system we got.

Been told by someone with inside connections it will hit 3 bucks a gallon and never come back below that.Hope like hell hes wrong. then we'll have the argument need more money from promotors to race but then it cost's the promoters more money to prep the tracks. Sounds like a draw. Hate local asphalt racing but not much track prep.

We can all thank the re-election of GW for the increase in oil prices. Until he's out of office there is no relief in site. I agree it will easily be over $3 a gallon by early next year.

GAWD I despise GW as president! I hated the minute he got reelected.

Don't you have to have a vehicle that can use this type fuel or can any vehicle use it? Where can it be found or do you have to go out of your way to find this e85 fuel?

I don't hope much about it and I am sure not too many other know a lot about it. It would be good to get some inputs on it's use.

Back