Great Idea for upcoming fund-raiser!!

Millsey

This makes a lot of sense to me, but maybe not to some of you so I'm once again seeking your input...

We received what I think is a fantastic idea from of all people Midget Racer (aka Art). He said why don't we take one of our parts cars or trucks and everyone donate enough items to build the vehicle and have it at the track each week. There we could actually lease the vehicle out for $XX. We could also then sell the vehicle and get somebody else involved.

Stop and think about this.. We are always getting people saying they would love to try us out. This would be the PERFECT way. I've got that S-10 pickup truck I would donate. Jason's got a 2.5 engine he would give. I'm sure we could come up with the rest of the stuff from everyone. Then we just put it together whenever we can. Just spray paint it black and put a #0 on it. I love the idea, plus it's something we can work on together as a group and make some money. If one of us wrecks and we need a temporary fix, there you go...

What do you folks think???? It would be another Chevy!!

that would be cool they do this in benton the rent a 2 man cruser for $100 a night and a %of the winnings I got some wheels I could donate for the chevy or if we wanted to build a ford I got a few of them if we wanted to build one still got to mustangs or couple of pinto to build????

HEY SMURF

Didn't you post a photo of a cage you had laying around? was that an extra? what do you think of Millsey's idea? sounds like a winner to me..:) I had an extra racing seat last week, but its gone now...i'm sure I could find something to contribute...

yes the one cage is to go into my pinto... but jason did donate/trade?? me a partail cage we could use for a car.....
if we built a ford I know between use Ford guy's we could come up with the motor tranny combo I got a couple extra tranny's

the only thing we need to double check on this ideal is.....

if we lease/reent the car for a night and the drivers get hurt or worse some LEGAL way to keep use from getting sued cause you know there is somebody out there that would do it to make a BUCK!! othe rthan that this would BE A easy cheep way tp make money and Possible improve our class with more memebers Millsy I like this Ideal it looks like a win win ideal:D

HEY SMURF

Millsey already has this truck, its complete, motor not locked up,(don't know if it runs) has 4 speed tranny.....probably the cheapest way to start out....

rent a weck

You need somebody in the RAMS ORG. that has a friend that is a lawyer or paralegal that can advise you what tipe of form to release the ORG. of liabilty. P S Would love to rent one night to see how a 64 year old rookie would do.

Re: HEY SMURF

Originally posted by Wes90
Millsey already has this truck, its complete, motor not locked up,(don't know if it runs) has 4 speed tranny.....probably the cheapest way to start out....

true bob but its a chevy!!!!!:D :D all jokes aside here was my thought between the chevy 2.5 and the ford 2.3 the ford woill take more abuse in stock form than the chevy 2.5 and also if they blowed the motor in the ford it would be easier/cheeper to find a replacement stock motor for it than the chevy either way we go I'll support the ideal its a good one like I said he goes with a chevy I may have a few extra wheels to throw in :D

FUTURE RENTA-WRECK ??

Another angle...Picture it with air in the tires.......:D :D :D

Originally posted by racewidow
Yep! John's right, I was already trying to figure out how to write the release form!

FOR THE RECORD!!! I think this is a great ideal we just need to cover our @ss on liabilty to the renter/leasei you know what they say... dot you I's and cross your T's:D

west 90

noboddy wants to talk to old men the likes of you & I . by the way the snow is as white here salem as yours is . truck looks as if would make a good race truck.

If you decide to go Ford instead of Chevy let's play "Let's Make a Deal" for the S-10 :D I have something you may want and it has an blue oval on the front of it.:D

1 more chevy

i like the chevy go with it:D :D we all know the chevys is going to rule the tracks this year :D :D

Whatever you guys want to do... The offer is on the table whichever way we want to go with it. I've personally got more Ford parts, but I don't have a car.

Back