Highland Rules

fanattheraces

I seen where Highland Speedway had the rules posted on their website and by the looks of things I apparently was at the wrong meeting.There are so many new rules on there that weren't even spoken about at the meeting. Example proportioning valve, 15" vacuum at 1,000 rpm, none of this was even talked about.
I'm just inquiring if anyone else was at the meeting?

I seen where Highland Speedway had the rules posted on their website and by the looks of things I apparently was at the wrong meeting.There are so many new rules on there that weren't even spoken about at the meeting. Example proportioning valve, 15" vacuum at 1,000 rpm, none of this was even talked about.
I'm just inquiring if anyone else was at the meeting?

The rules at Highland and Tri city for this class are set up much the same. To allow cars to run at both tracks if they like to. There was a couple of typos that are being corrected so recheck the rules on the main page they should be corrected shortly. And thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Franko

I find it interesting that Rob Shaw is on the tech team

The tech men where picked at the rules meeting and I guess if you were interested in being one you should of went to the meeting instead of complaining about it after the fact. The rules at TCS and Highland are much the same for this class to allow anyone wanting to run both tracks to do so.

Franko

The tech men that were picked at the rules meeting are gonna make racin this year alot more fun. "NO MORE CHEATING" the Eilers,Hamblin,Gilomen, and all of the ppl that were caught illegal last year didnt show hmmmmmm i wonder why? O cant leave out the track champion and his father last years tech man where were u guys? Exactly there should be no more complaning Robs not the only tech man theres Three others so make sure everyone comes to highland stock this year or keep it at home because ur wastin ur time if u show up illegal. The cars are gonna get teched hard this year finally to give the guys that run in the back a chance. So lets have some good clean racin this year and most of all have fun.

Willie wonka3 its nice to c that u kno everything in all. But one thing that it was my dads b-day sunday on the December 10. You kno where ppl have a party that kind of thing but i mean good point though way to get it across. Just thought u should kno that.

I didnt go because Im not going to Highland.....I think its a sh*thole. Last year was an embarassment for the whole hornet class. Pretty rediculous whenever the tech guys son wins the championship by disqualifing everyone beating his son. But he won his championship and now his dad isnt teching and hes not racing hornets. What a joke!

O ya and the smart thing to do would have a tech guy not associated with anyone racing! I dont have any friends you want me to tech? O wait charlie would get pissed because there would be no hornets.

hear we go again rules, you guys are not racing yet and you are crying !!!!

fast joe raced 9 diff. tracks last year , and i tell you you all are taking the fun out of the hornets , around our tracks keep it simple and keep it fun ,, come on guys if you are running street tires , no turbo and factory struts you are a hornet !!!

if you think someone has a bigger motor just have a mandatory tire pressure heck 40 pounds of air in front all that big motor dont do you any good

i tell you last year one track was paying 1000 to win but thay have some of the most stupid rules thay had 32 cars the very next week farmer city was paying 1500 to win open rules but same tires and 35 pound air thay had 98 cars from 4 states 8 to10 track chapions

come on guys run what you got and lets go racing !!!!!!!!!

j.m.o. fast joe

no hard feelings just hard racing !!!!

This is my opinion, but if ya wanna run an open class move up, this class is for beginners and those who can't afford the upper classes. Rules are there to keep the money in these cars down and a couple of you are complaining about it. At least highland checks some cars, one of the few tracks that does. I went to 4 different tracks and wasn't teched but once or twice.

I'd rather run against 30-40 cars that are fairly close to each other than the 88 cars that would lap me at farmer city.

This is my opinion, but if ya wanna run an open class move up, this class is for beginners and those who can't afford the upper classes. Rules are there to keep the money in these cars down and a couple of you are complaining about it. At least highland checks some cars, one of the few tracks that does. I went to 4 different tracks and wasn't teched but once or twice.

I'd rather run against 30-40 cars that are fairly close to each other than the 88 cars that would lap me at farmer city.

you dont hath to spend alot of money to win . i got the tiburon for 500 dollors pud a cluch in it and a cage and it will run with anyone on any track !! you just got to find the right car !!

heck i rember your car at pitneyvill you had more money in front end parts than i got in my hole car !!!

if one car ant fast enouph build another the tiburon says 160 on the dash its made to run !!

come on man you are runing a temo agaist a tiburon or a saturon its not a rule keeping you from winning its your car

get your self a sports car and go hornet racing

heck i rember your car at pitneyvill you had more money in front end parts than i got in my hole car !!!
Tell me what I had, cause I sure as heck don't know, Every single front end part on that car is stock off of a tempo, no trick, or performance parts on the whole thing. The only thing that wasn't stock out of the factory was one of the struts and its a stock replacement and our homemade strut brace.

Tell me what I had, cause I sure as heck don't know, Every single front end part on that car is stock off of a tempo, no trick, or performance parts on the whole thing. The only thing that wasn't stock out of the factory was one of the struts and its a stock replacement and our homemade strut brace.

come on man no one is saying you was not stock i am saying for the money and time you had welding that frontend back together you could of built a real race car a sports car

i not saying you cant drive heck !! we all seen you picking the front tire at pink vill .
i am just saying cant win with a tempo agaist a sports car !!!!!

come on man , get your self a real car and go win !!!

fast joe

That was a brand new car, built in about 1 month, first race was pinckneyville. This was a car I could afford(free), those are the best for me. I did win a feature at I-55 with one, against the celica(86) and a totally built mustang last year.

Thanks for the help while I was there by the way, ****s going to the track and have to run straight to the parts store. LOL

I see in the rules that it states that you have to run the factory computer for that make and model, DUH!! I think that is what you need for the car to run.
Shouldn't the rule state that you have to run the factory software, chips etc. for that make and model, no aftermarket programing, software, chips, or reprogramming of the computer allowed.
Or is this going to be one of those GREY areas in the rules for the ones that get away with a little cheating???

just wondering?????

how are your techs , going to tech comp. cars with out a computer ? come on guys if you are trying to tech thes cars lets see the computer .

i tell you what if you think i am going to let someone from the track take my comp. box apart . hoes going to pay for it to get fixed when thay short it out .. ithink you will have a bigger fight on your hands then just teching computer boxes

j m o fast joe

rembember if you dont have a sports car you are probly not going to win in the hornets so i dont care about all the rules get yourself a real car and win races

Hey fast joe
Obviously where you race your allowed to reprogram your computer....hey thats great, but at where i race we are trying to set some rules down to make it a level feild of competition.
I don't know why some tech would short out a computer if you have all the factory plugins to hook up an analyzer:confused: the tech would not need to take a computer apart just to run a simple check to see if you are running at your factory settings on the computer, the tech would only need a simple handheld analyzer.

This year is going to be different than the last few years. If your cheating and winning we will catch you. I also have access to computers. So like I said between me Shaw,Wood and James if you cheat you will get caught.

Back