Highlands bomber brake check

PerigoRacing48

IM BAck!!
Highlands bomber brake check ****S,Why do we have to lock up the brakes and spin out????? WHATS THE POINT?????, Your already screwed if you have 4 wheel brakes,That was my first time in a brake check i didnt know what they wanted me to do so i came off of 2 and locked them up,You cant tell me i didnt have brakes B.S. wouldnt have stopped?? RIGHT??? and some guys got 2 trys??????????????They gave me 1 try so i pulled back up and got lined up again and then this smart *** guy comes up to me and says "GET OFF THE TRACK JACK YOU AINT GOT BRAKES" and from what heard and saw the cars that went out were the #48 #77 #2 and maybe some more not sure,What happens if when you go to lock up your brakes you go sideways and get a flat tire or break something?? your night is done,So this is to Charlie this is how you check brakes, you have a guy standing on both sides of the car when they lock up the brakes if your LF tire LR tire and RR tire lock up your good to go,spinning the cars around isnt doing anything but tearing stuff up and i hope you change this soon or your going to start losing cars,WHATS GOOD FOR ONE IS GOOD FOR ALL,Corey Perigo #48, Thanks

Was looking at Highland brake rules and they state(14. Brakes: Must be a least three-wheel brake system. Brakes are mandatory!)Question,if you have rear brakes or just LF brake to set car in turn or put you in a uncontrolable spin is that better than a car that can stop on a dime with 4 wheel brakes?Just wondering,Carbonrator

corey... if your car is so fragile and frail that you worry about breaking something just standing on the brakes,then maybe you should stay home and fix the car,or make it stronger,or something. seems to me you should worry more about going faster,and running all night long,than doing a simple brake check... it's kind of an important safety issue,ya know.

Carbonrator said:
Was looking at Highland brake rules and they state(14. Brakes: Must be a least three-wheel brake system. Brakes are mandatory!)Question,if you have rear brakes or just LF brake to set car in turn or put you in a uncontrolable spin is that better than a car that can stop on a dime with 4 wheel brakes?Just wondering,Carbonrator

This is also in the rules:
43. Random brake checks will be enforced. If your car fails the mandatory brake check, you will not be allowed to start the night’s Feature event.

I was not at Highland last night, but do know that every year when they have the brake check someone always thinks they were cheated ... safety should always come first!

do not blame charlie he "did not see it" i have never had a problem with my brakes this year or last year and i hve been checked at godfrey already this year and not one single problem. i guess i cannot run highland because my brakes are not up to their standards????? when i hit the brakes and it killed the motor, spun around, pushed in the clutch and fired it back up and was pointed to the front straight with a nod of the officals head (up and down meaning your ok) then proceeded to get in line, 5 minutes and several cars later i was told to get off and i had failed??????????? i went to the infield to verify that it was me and not a mix-up in cars and was told that my brakes were just not good enough for them to let me run. i was very upset and did not yell at any offical, but never the less they are always right and never make a bad call so that is just racing and i disagree strongly at the decision made. i just hate it for the car owner and my self to get chitted out of a possible feature win(first at highland).

if it was up to me i would not run highland this year after what happend, but if the boss says drive it like i stole it then i will and do it as clean as i have all year.

midgetracer,I have been working on my car alot and i did make it in the feature(2nd place in the heat) and was starting 3rd row outside for the feature,I have no prob with brake checks,my car HAS brakes if it didnt i would hit my trailer everytime i pull up to it,I dont care how well built your car may be if you spin it out at a good speed you can break an axle or have a flat tire,Plus i didnt like how they told me to get off the track all they had to say was "you didnt pass brake check get off the track" but whatever its HIGHLAND YA KNOW

whatever corey... i do know that there is nobody on here agreeing with your fear of breaking an axle or having a flat. i can't believe you're going that fast when you stand on the brakes to cause such a failure.

Well..last year at Godfrey, they did brake checks..and it was a pretty good speed they required you to go..then lock the brakes up..so..yea..things can break.

I saw prego's brake check. It looked questionable at best to me. He may have had brakes but he just slowed down and veered to the left a little bit. If it was me and i knew that I had brakes, when I went flying thru turn 1 and 2 like Corey did I would have locked them up and spun it around to prove myself. He just drove off the track and revved his motor up a bunch going thru the pits. Prego has still never started a feature at Highland..................

It looked like the feature winner #0 Haeffner was more questionable about having brakes than #77 Hogenson. You know the highland officials would never make a mistake because they are qualified race officials who would never show favoritism. Luckily during the feature when Hewitt lost his drive shaft and flew up in the air he was in turn 3 and not in turn 4 where we could of had an incident of hitting someone.

horsepower

yes 2 or 3 people got redues i think but still pergo did have breaks but like her said a possibility of breaking something so if thats what highland wants then that will take a lot of bomers away from the track... the track was awesome also... good luck to you pergo next week also if yea decide to go... c yea next week people :D :D

The 25 was sent in error and when he got to the back stretch the 29 was setting sideways back there So to avoid a accident they waved it off.

brake check

Hey Dirt fan 18.The brake check isnt to see if the cars can spin around, it is to see if the front wheel and the rear wheel lock up.I didnt pay attention to the 77 car,so i dont know if he locked up or not.I do know the 0 car went a little slower than some of the cars when he did his check but his front and back wheels DID lock up and there wasnt anything questionable about it.The reason he stopped sideways and didnt do a 360 , is because he wasnt going as fast.Congratulations on your feature wins Timmy.

Thats the thing they should have to go a little faster than put along and hit the brakes. hewitt had the right idea of having speed unlike most others.

McDowell got to go at it a second time.

Yes, they should have had a more polite way of telling Perigo he hadn't passed the check.

Back