I-55 Raceway Cancelled for March 26!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
I-55 Raceway has cancelled for March 26th! It is just too wet.

Ray is working the track now. Unless Pevely gets an unexpected downpour, I-55 should be a go tomorrow night. The track crew will do everything possible to get the race in. With the WoO sprints coming in next weekend Ray and Kenny want a race night in before they arrive.

Track number is 636-479-3219.
TTG/MM

WHAT HAPPENED

Forcast For Today At I-55 48 The High.tonight 37 With Rain Overcast With Rain At Times.sunday 47 And Rain.

Wtf!!?

dirt hound said:
Hope It's A Repeat Next Weekend

That's flat out ignorant to say. For all you race fans, I-55 hardly packs the stands for even a big late model show. However, when the sprints come in, it's always a packed house. I love the late models, hell, I've already ordered my tickets for the Dream, I plan on going to all three legs of the Tri State Challenge, as many Summernationals races as I can make, The World 100, and The DTWC.

However, there's a lot of late model fans that also like the sprints, like I do. And to wish bad weather just because you don't like the sprints is ignorant.

As for I-55 cancelling, they'd better get their heads out of their butts and realize that if they don't stop this crap, a lot of racers and fans are going to head elsewhere. It's more expensive to drive to a track now, just to find the gates locked, especially with the increased gas prices.

And if you don't like my opinion, kiss it.

If you do not want to go to I55 next weekend, take a trip south to Poplar Bluff. That's what my son & my self are going to do.

And if you don't like my opinion, kiss it. GO BY ALL MEANS SOME OF CAN'T US SEE PAYING THAT MUCH FOR A HALF AZZ SHOW TELLTHE BIG BOY SPRINT CAR GUYS TO TAKE THE WINGS OFF AND GO RACING BUT YOU CAN GO SAY WOW AIN'T THEY FAST AND THERE IS STEVE KINSER NOT FOR ME I WANT TO SEE GOOD RACING AND THEY DON'T CUT IT THAT EVENT SHOULD BE NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT

Might Just Do That Geisler Fan We Do Have Options Don't We And Moonflow 2 Thing S I55 Was Cancelled At 8 Oclock And Yes They Do Have A Phone No Let's Ee It Rained All Week And It's A Dirt Track Couldn't Imagine Why It Was Cancelled

Wtf???

moonflow said:
As for I-55 cancelling, they'd better get their heads out of their butts and realize that if they don't stop this crap, a lot of racers and fans are going to head elsewhere. It's more expensive to drive to a track now, just to find the gates locked, especially with the increased gas prices.

Regardless if you think the folks at I-55 have their heads in the right place, what does this have to do with them cancelling? We received a bunch of rain throughout the week. We were lucky that it was still "hopeful" that we might get to run.

Drive to a place to find their gates locked? MOST places now have those things called telephones. EVERY track that I know of, has a main number that you call on race day to inquire if they are running or not. I-55 cancelled the show early this morning. Jimmy D posted it as soon as he got word - 8:00 a.m. With the weather we've had the past week, if you drove further than accross the street without calling first, well, that's not I-55 that had their head in the wrong place.

Im upset as much as the next person about I55 canceling there racing but what are you going to do about it? The sun hasn't been out since Monday. I think they did all they could to get the track ready but we just got to much rain. MCS and Pevely both gave plenty of notice that they were not going to race I dont see how somebody wouldn't know.

Its March in Missouri guys, weather will happen, and my engine is not done anyway. I do not really like the outlaws, if I want to see sprints I catch a chance on a spectacular wedsday at 55 or on an off nite I can go to SFCR. I think the local guys put on a better show, just no celebraty bs. About the croud size, the sumernationals, pevely nationals, and CoC finale are always pretty much SRO(standing room only) crouds. I really hope the races do not rain out next week though, the track has spent alot advertising for it, and if canceled they will have to hope for a make up date later in the year and that will just take a nother race nite away from us at I-55. It's not what I want so I will just go to KLMS or Montgomery county with my UMP latemodel, if I am ready, if not hopefully I can go to Tri City the next nite.

It was not a dumb decision to cancel tonites events. FOR ONE its damn cold and you would not have had much of a crowd and TWO its rained just about everyday this week!!!

Back