If u had a choice between a $10,000 to win show which would you rather see Late Models or Modifieds?

big swigg

Just been thinking about bigger shows.. I know mods don't draw the crowd that late models do but I really don't feel people don't give the modified guys a fair shake... I've been hitting the bigger mod shows and I've seen some great racing.. In my opinion I would rather watch a bigger mod show then a late model show.. For example look at tri city's mod mania.. An average of 60+ cars a night. You have to go to eldora to see late model numbers like that. Promoters are getting better with having bigger mod shows. Just wish these mod drivers had more bigger shows.. I would look for 60+ mods this weekend at kentucky lake for the $5000 to win show.. I just feel there's to many late model shows and sanctions to have 50+ late models at any show other than eldora on a consistent basis.. I applaud the modified drivers
And thank them for putting on a great show..

I guess there is a reason there aren't any $10,000 to win modified shows in this area.

Modifieds are probably my favorite class to watch, but I guess a lot of others don't see it that way.

Tri-City's Mod Mania has great racing, but they run late models with them to help draw fans..

I-55 use to run those late fall modified specials and could draw over 100 cars everytime, but you could count the number fans that were in the stands.

Big mod show! Mod mania has become probably the best race in the area! Wish I-55 would try a similar show!

I agree completely Jimmy.. I just feel that you could have a $5000 to win mod show and a $10,000 to win late model show and you would have almost twice as many mods there. Especially like a weekend coming up with Kentucky Lake, Farmer City & the show out east at Roarin Knob. Just feel these promoters kill each others crowd and car count by scheduling on top of each other. I understand things happen and sometimes it just can't be helped. I just feel that there's to many bigger late model shows and sanctions that are fighting against each other. I really feel Kentucky Lake will be lucky to have 30 late models with maybe 6-7 bigger names. Modifieds will have a ton I would think. Just want to see all the tracks be successful but I absolutely hate shows booked on top of shows especially within a 4-5 hour drive like this weekend with Kentucky Lake & Farmer City. With all that being said I'm looking forward to kentucky lake and seeing the mods battle it out for $5000..Absolutely love Mod Mania and look forward to spending the entire weekend there again this year... Thank you Tri City!!!

Mod Mania is hands down the best show in the area by far. Great car counts, great competition and great track conditions. If You haven't been to it, you're missing out....And for the late models being the support class, they don't do too bad either...

I would much rather see a $10,000 to win modified race. A $10,000 modified race is the modified equivalent of a $100,000 dollar late model race. Check out the King of America and World Modified Dirt Track Challenge, those modified races get tons of cars from all over the midwest. If only there was a UMP modified equivalent. But just like everyone said it doesn't get much better than Mod Mania if you're into modified racing.

Late models by far. Way to many cautions for the mods. I usually take a bathroom break get something yo eat and still get back in time to watch most of the race.

Mod Mania is hands down the best show in the area by far. Great car counts, great competition and great track conditions. If You haven't been to it, you're missing out....And for the late models being the support class, they don't do too bad either...

While it is a good event, it is not even close to the best show in the area. Heck it is not even the best show at Tri-City (UMP SN, Lucas Oil LM, Gold Crown Nationals, etc.).

Just been thinking about bigger shows.. I know mods don't draw the crowd that late models do but I really don't feel people don't give the modified guys a fair shake... I've been hitting the bigger mod shows and I've seen some great racing.. In my opinion I would rather watch a bigger mod show then a late model show.. For example look at tri city's mod mania.. An average of 60+ cars a night. You have to go to eldora to see late model numbers like that. Promoters are getting better with having bigger mod shows. Just wish these mod drivers had more bigger shows.. I would look for 60+ mods this weekend at kentucky lake for the $5000 to win show.. I just feel there's to many late model shows and sanctions to have 50+ late models at any show other than eldora on a consistent basis.. I applaud the modified drivers
And thank them for putting on a great show..

I would rather watch a big late model show, but I also enjoy major modified events such as the IMCA Supernationals at Boone,IA; the King of America USMTS show @ Humboldt, KS; etc.

I agree completely Jimmy.. I just feel that you could have a $5000 to win mod show and a $10,000 to win late model show and you would have almost twice as many mods there. Especially like a weekend coming up with Kentucky Lake, Farmer City & the show out east at Roarin Knob. Just feel these promoters kill each others crowd and car count by scheduling on top of each other. I understand things happen and sometimes it just can't be helped. I just feel that there's to many bigger late model shows and sanctions that are fighting against each other. I really feel Kentucky Lake will be lucky to have 30 late models with maybe 6-7 bigger names. Modifieds will have a ton I would think. Just want to see all the tracks be successful but I absolutely hate shows booked on top of shows especially within a 4-5 hour drive like this weekend with Kentucky Lake & Farmer City. With all that being said I'm looking forward to kentucky lake and seeing the mods battle it out for $5000..Absolutely love Mod Mania and look forward to spending the entire weekend there again this year... Thank you Tri City!!!

They are booked on top of each other, because of weather issues earlier in the season. On the positive side, it provides an opportunity for more drivers to earn some decent money this weekend.

You guys don't remember the Alltel 100 in Batesville? $100,000 to win mod race with Sprint Cup guys showing up to race? Was like 10 years ago or something like that.

You guys don't remember the Alltel 100 in Batesville? $100,000 to win mod race with Sprint Cup guys showing up to race? Was like 10 years ago or something like that.
Yes plus big time late model guys in mods. Moyer and eventual winner Bloomquist in modifieds = epic.
And the event was capped at 300 entries.

The Modified drivers in this area deserve a big paying show. They have more cars week in and week out. The Late Models have several shows in the area that pay big $$. Why not have at least one big $$ show for the Modifieds?

late models are my favorite class to watch but they already have big $$ shows in the Midwest I say have a one day modified show paying $ 7000 to win and either sportsman or street stock- pure stock as a support class pay them $2000 u would have big car count and I think a large crowd have it at I-55 or tri-city.it would work what do ya'll think

Well apparently you haven't watched a good modified race.. Sure your regular weekend show will have a ton of amateurs running just like a late model weekly show... If u watch a quality modified show you don't have a bunch of cautions..
Late models by far. Way to many cautions for the mods. I usually take a bathroom break get something yo eat and still get back in time to watch most of the race.[/QUOTE

I guess there is a reason there aren't any $10,000 to win modified shows in this area.

Modifieds are probably my favorite class to watch, but I guess a lot of others don't see it that way.

Tri-City's Mod Mania has great racing, but they run late models with them to help draw fans..

I-55 use to run those late fall modified specials and could draw over 100 cars everytime, but you could count the number fans that were in the stands.

I was there for these shows and its a shame that people don't support these guys. I agree with you Jimmy. Mod Mania is a great show if you haven't been there I would go this year.

Back