Looking for a local track

Fireman4511

I am interested in buyig or leaseing a local track if anyone has any information on any of our local tracks being for sale or just wanting to lease it out. Please drop me a line here as I would like to give it a shot I have been looking into this for some time now and I think this is the right time for me to make a move.

Tommy Clyne

Fayette

Shoot i herd fayette county might be up for grabs
Even if its your first time running a track, you could not be any worse than whats there all ready!!:eek:

i dunno if you can do it or not and this track is in mid missouri,but you may want to try and get ahold of the city of holts summit missouri....they have a track just sitting there that may be able to be bought or leased.they sold it out last year to develop on and build houses but after they bought it,the epa wont let them build houses on it due to the oil and rubber in all the grounds..this would be an awesome track to open back up,i hated to see it closed.they had all the big series race there one time or the other and they always had a hell of a turn out for weekly racing.they had a really good turnout when they were the nascar weekly racing series.just a thought,would be a good move though..good luck on your venture..

Benton should be. It is owned by Auto Tire & Parts, the last guy who leased it did a terrible job, but I think he had good intentions. There is a track that is almost fiished on Hwy 8 just out of Deslodge MO, I do not know if Brad Yoder would lease or take partners though. Eastern Missouri really needs a good Friday nite UMP latemodel track, we had a really bad one once, we need a good one.

I was looking at a Friday night or a sunday race again as I know that St.Charles had a sunday program and that way i would not be running against anyone that way, well no one but T.V. that i know of anyways, I am making a list and will be trying to locate contacts on all these suggestions thanks and keep them coming.

Benton Missouri is a really nice facility...and I agree about the need for Friday nights Dean, but what about Malden and Paducah? Maybe Malden isn't a UMP track (not sure) but they do run some kind of late model on Friday nights don't they?

Just my opinion, but what I think that would work is Benton running sprints on Friday nights... Farmington had a huge car count all summer on Saturday nights and the closest those guys race on Fridays was Jacksonville, Il.

Benton

Sprints, Mods, and Street Stocks
$10 admission, Kids 12 and under free... :D

Dean said:
There is a track that is almost fiished on Hwy 8 just out of Deslodge MO, I do not know if Brad Yoder would lease or take partners though. Eastern Missouri really needs a good Friday nite UMP latemodel track, we had a really bad one once, we need a good one.

hey I saw this track 2 years ago and it would be a neat track to race at.... at the time I stopped there he had 2 tracks in one (like tcs) brad was very freindly to us and showed us around the place and yes it had real running water (a small artiesin well) he has a good location off the road a like SFCR but in middle of HIS property so no neighors complaints like FRR(the rock) keep us informed if you open up one of these "closed" tracks I (and others) love to go to new tracks and try them out :D :D

I believe Fayette County is up for grabs....that would make a good Sunday night track. I'm not sure on the status of Greenville....they have tons of issues with Churches around those parts.

call rotometrics in eureka mo. ask for tom rosemon. ask what it will take to buy the old lakehill track, perfect location. then go talk to the city of valley park (start with jeff wittacker sp?) who is a big #3 FAN AND AN ALDERMAN then tell everyone that lake hill will be open again in 2006. :D wake up sloppy your dreamin again.

sloppyjoe said:
call rotometrics in eureka mo. ask for tom rosemon. ask what it will take to buy the old lakehill track, perfect location. then go talk to the city of valley park (start with jeff wittacker sp?) who is a big #3 FAN AND AN ALDERMAN then tell everyone that lake hill will be open again in 2006. :D wake up sloppy your dreamin again.

If we're talking about reviving a shuttered track, how about White City?

My vote goes towards Macon. It use to be a fun place to go and race and I think with the right person it could be again.

Back