OT...Don't like politics or war...don't click!

kingeddy

Mean Old Ignorant Bastard
Is anyone else as outraged as I am regarding the US military awarding NorthropGrumman the contract to build refueling tankers?

For those not familiar with the story..here it is in a nutshell.

NorthropGrumman is a US based global defense company that the US military (more specifically Sec. of the Air Force Michael Wynn) awarded a $48 Billion contract too. NorthrupGrumman is partnered with AirBus an Airship mfg which is based in France. For the full story, heres a link http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/02/29/air.force.tankers/index.html

5 years ago France was one of the countries that decided they would sit-out the war in Iraq. Our wonderful leader, President Bush, said "Your either with us, or your against us." France was obviously against us. Sentiment towards France was so hostile that we americans renamed the french fry to "freedom fry". Jump forward to 2008...we decide to pump billions of dollars into Frances' economy. Makes alot of friggin sense to me.

John McCain played a large roll in causing all of this. Read the last five paragraphs from the article in the above link.

king

Hound are you afraid to have a women in power? Just send our money over seas. No wonder we are in a reassion. At least at the time France knew we were going into a fake war.

i DIDN'T KNOW HILLARY WAS A WOMEN L MAO CERTAINLY COULD KEEP HER HUSBAND HAPPY BUT SHE CAN KEEP THE COUNTRY HAPPY LMAO

I hate to say it, but I don't think anyone that is running for office right now is worth anything. Senators traditionally don't make for very good Presidents.

If these folks are the best this country has to offer. We are in a heap of trouble.

John Barr
The Trashdog

i DIDN'T KNOW HILLARY WAS A WOMEN L MAO CERTAINLY COULD KEEP HER HUSBAND HAPPY BUT SHE CAN KEEP THE COUNTRY HAPPY LMAO
She could not keep her husband happy. Why do you think he was sleeping around on her?:D
If she can't keep him happy how is she going to keep us happy. Wait dont answer that one. I got an Idea but .... Never mind.

At least McCain sees that we need a new refueling tanker. The two demacrats want to keep the aging stuff in service so they don;t have to spend money on military issues. Also I think in order to be Commander in Chief of the U.S.A., you should have at least served in some part of the military. Obama was never in the military and Hillarious is the wife of a known draft dodger. McCain isn't a whole lot better but when it comes to the military , he is by far the best choice.

but just think if hillary gets in stock in crackers will go up lmfaowhat kind a trackrecord does obama or hillary have

I agree!!!!!!!! The only problem I have is voting for Obama if it comes to him and McCain.
If it comes to them 2 .....i just wont freaking vote,is this all America can come up with.....what a joke..............look at the crap they got on Obomas (Spiritual Adviser)and Friend today what ya think its going to be like if he dont get the Presidential Seat........ look for another WATTS war and onther thing that gets me thinking is why would Americans vote in a man that comes from a MUSLIM family that came into politics at the same time the sleepers cells supposable entered the USA...THINK ABOUT IT AMERICAN PEOPLE...why take a chance on that alone...............

At least McCain sees that we need a new refueling tanker. The two demacrats want to keep the aging stuff in service so they don;t have to spend money on military issues. Also I think in order to be Commander in Chief of the U.S.A., you should have at least served in some part of the military. Obama was never in the military and Hillarious is the wife of a known draft dodger. McCain isn't a whole lot better but when it comes to the military , he is by far the best choice.

Why should you have to be in the Military to be Commander in Chief. Just cause some one didn't go to war doesn't mean they can't run the US.

Maybe we did need new refueling tanks but why did we have to send our money over seas? From what I have heard about this deal is they are going to make ever part needed to the tanker and ship the parts to the US and we will have to put it all together. Now I don't know how true that is but to me that is crazy.

At least McCain sees that we need a new refueling tanker. .

You obviously didn't read the link. So here is what McCain did back in 2004. (copy and past from the above link)

The contract to replace the aging fleet of air refueling tankers was mired in corruption and political wrangling for years.
In 2004, Congress, led by Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, banned the Air Force from working out a lease and purchase deal with Boeing after a federal investigation uncovered improprieties at the highest levels of the Air Force procurement process.

I guess if you call that seeing the need...well, I see why the republicans have the country in the shape its in. It took McCain 4 years to straighten out that impropriety. Wonder how long it would take him to fix our problems of today?

king

Not entirely true. About 60% will be made here. The plans for the plane are designed to American specs. Frame and skin will be manufactured here. I think it is mainly the cicuit boards and half the avionics will be prduced in France.

I don't care how much is "made here or there" we are still sending our money to another country when we have a company in the US that can make the tankers. How does sending money over seas for anything help the US? Please someone tell me I'm trying to understand all of this thinking in the White House.

Interesting. I think you need to re-read the article. McCain stopped the the ILLEGAL process of the Air Force trying to sideline a deal with Boeng. I DO remember that on the news and Boeing got in big trouble also. How do I know, I keep up on aviation news because I graduated from aviation maintenance school and still take active interest in aviation.

I don't care how much is "made here or there" we are still sending our money to another country when we have a company in the US that can make the tankers. How does sending money over seas for anything help the US? Please someone tell me I'm trying to understand all of this thinking in the White House.
Dude , It's because France will be building some for themselves and have AMERICAN workers doing MOST of the manufacturing and having to give money right back to the US.

Back