Screen names

racerwife3d

How did you come up with your screen name?

Obviously, you can tell why I picked my screen name. Just curious as to why others picked the screen names they did. Just a little break from the other posts.

Great thread, Yvonne!!

I'm not a widow - even though the name implies it. You know how people say that women whose men are football freaks are called football widows... well, follow suit to racing. Had a man who was crazy into racing and even though I'm into it too, I was left to do a lot on my own (lol).

In an afterthought, I wanted to change it, but too many people knew me as racewidow, so I kept it.

"Axe" is slang for a guitar, or a bass. Not really sure why, unless its because it sorta resembles one. If you've ever seen Gene Simmons' (of KISS) axe bass you know what I mean. I've even heard sax players call their saxes an axe. That's a stretch. Next piano players will want to call their pianos axes; where does it end? But, I digress. Among my other interests (besides racing and photography) are playing guitar and bass. Been playing since 1966. (I'm still hoping to get good! Ah, hope springs eternal.) I also collect them, etc. When I first got interested in Bulletin Boards, they were all music-related, thus I chose "axeman" as my screen name. For simplicity sake I just use it for everything. Although sometimes, I use "tomtheaxeman" (i.e., on the Fender Discussion Page) if someone already has "axeman."

Its also in my email address and I do get some funny looks from people when I give them my address. I always tell them, "Axe as in guitar, not as in murderer!"

Nuh uh, Smurf - it's all your little Smurfinites running around!! LOL - Give them all and Trish a BIG hug and kiss from me - I haven't forgotten about them!! Is the little one as big as his brother yet?

Punkin,
I didn't need to ask did I HEHEHEHEHE!!!!!! Some are just pretty self explanatory but some people put alot of thought into theirs. Like axeman for instance. I was thinking chopping block....LOL!:D But as you read, nothing like that. Just kinda neat how some people come up with the names.

racewidow said:
Nuh uh, Smurf - it's all your little Smurfinites running around!! LOL - Give them all and Trish a BIG hug and kiss from me - I haven't forgotten about them!! Is the little one as big as his brother yet?

almost..... he wears his brothers cloths (Brecken is 2 brayden is 5):eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh my gosh! I need to see you all!

That's awesome, though - for a little guy to have such a hard time coming into the world & to come out of it so well!

I use to be involved heavily in the softball world. Everything from a player, coach, organizer, Park Hills Sports Complex director, umpire and National Softball Association assistant state director. Everyone just started calling me Millsey and it stuck. When I started into racing the name just continued..

An old friend of mine, Cliff Gerstner, use to call me that when I was racing mini sprints. It kind of just stuck and he still calls me that today.

8 is for Steve Short, not Brooke Tatnell! I've known Steve and the gang now for 6 or 7 years. They're great people and I wanted everyone to know who I root for!

Well, if you watch NASCAR, and ever listened when Darrel Waltrip was a commentator, He use to call Dale Jr. Junebug... Thats how I came up with mine....

Back