Shepp's Speedway and Guy Webb (Allstar Sprint Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Shepp's Speedway Would Like To Say Sorry To The Fans For The Turn Out Of The 410 Wing Sprints. We Didn't Realize Until Sunday Night That Guy Webb Had Called The Sprint Guys And Told Them Not To Run For $1200.00 Or He Would Lower His Purse For The Shows He Puts On. We Are Sorry We Just Thought It Would Have Been A Great Show For The Fans!

Thanks,
Shepp's Speedway

Why would Webb pay $2000 to win his races when someone else only wants to pay $1200? How is it "selfish" to remind his racers of the effort it takes to book MASS shows at the higher purse level? Basically, racers set their value. By sticking together, they can race for more money. If not, they can race for next to nothing.

It seems to me that deals like this race at Shepps Speedway is what is hurting 410 winged sprint car racing...any self-respecting racer should have taken a pass on this "event". Maybe the promoter should have booked a Sprint Invaders 360 race if he couldn't afford a decent purse for 410s.

This race was an effort to bust the union of 410 winged racers running in the MASS series and it failed miserably. Obviously, the vast majority of quality Illinois sprint car racers set their collective and individual value far higher than what this rogue promoter paid a few rogue racers to sell their pride.

When is Webb going to start scheduling all these big shows around here? He has been pulling this crap against Farmington and Jacksonville, Jacksonville gave up and I hope Farmington hangs on and Webb just goes away!

The "Outlaw" mentality is what built 410 Sprint racing to what it once was and it's the control freaks like Guy Webb and Ted Johnson that are eventually going to kill it. Ted Johnson wanted to be the only show in town with the WoO and it just about killed them. Guy Webb wants the same thing in the midwest and he's about to have the same result. If guys are willing to race for the $1200 to win then they should be more than happy to race for Webb's $2000 to win. It should make his shows look more lucrative except for the fact that there's been more than one story on here about guys having trouble getting paid at these MASS shows. Guy Webb is trying to kill weekly 410 racing so that he can have his traveling show.

The track promoters have to juggle between higher purses, insurance rates, and all of the other overhead that goes into putting on a weekly racing program and trying to keep the admission affordable for the fans. Because without the fans, there's no racing and vice versa. AND then you somebody like Guy Webb sabotaging an event for a track just starting out and trying to get on its feet.

I personally will NOT attend a Guy Webb promoted event. I'm only one person and I'm sure someone will get on here and say that Webb won't miss me but I'm sure that I'm not alone. Ask the fans that lost money on the All Star event at Belleville.

I personally will NOT attend a Guy Webb promoted event. I'm only one person and I'm sure someone will get on here and say that Webb won't miss me but I'm sure that I'm not alone. Ask the fans that lost money on the All Star event at Belleville.

You are not only one person, Mark. I will not attend either.:mad:

Why would Webb pay $2000 to win his races when someone else only wants to pay $1200? How is it "selfish" to remind his racers of the effort it takes to book MASS shows at the higher purse level? Basically, racers set their value. By sticking together, they can race for more money. If not, they can race for next to nothing.

It seems to me that deals like this race at Shepps Speedway is what is hurting 410 winged sprint car racing...any self-respecting racer should have taken a pass on this "event". Maybe the promoter should have booked a Sprint Invaders 360 race if he couldn't afford a decent purse for 410s.

This race was an effort to bust the union of 410 winged racers running in the MASS series and it failed miserably. Obviously, the vast majority of quality Illinois sprint car racers set their collective and individual value far higher than what this rogue promoter paid a few rogue racers to sell their pride.

absolutely ridiculous....
MASS runs what...6 times a year maybe in Illinois and Missouri

If what was posted is true about Guy Webb and MASS, every self respecting sprint car fan should ******* the MASS shows.

Good for you Shepp Speedway!

Sheppy's is too small to run a race anyway for real sprint cars. I think MASS has something like 25 races scheduled this year.

Jacksonville's promoters still owe money to the MASS series from 2006. Farmington has been stying to bust up the MASS series for a couple of years now, without any success. Racers deserve to get paid a decent purse...and that's why they race with the series. How long would it be if they were just going to be "outlaw" racers before all races in the area paid a fraction of what a MASS race pays? That's what was killing 410 winged sprint car racing in the area before the MASS series started.

Sheppy's is too small to run a race anyway for real sprint cars. I think MASS has something like 25 races scheduled this year.

Jacksonville's promoters still owe money to the MASS series from 2006. Farmington has been stying to bust up the MASS series for a couple of years now, without any success. Racers deserve to get paid a decent purse...and that's why they race with the series. How long would it be if they were just going to be "outlaw" racers before all races in the area paid a fraction of what a MASS race pays? That's what was killing 410 winged sprint car racing in the area before the MASS series started.

You are 100% WRONG.

Farmington could care less about the MASS Series. Farmington has always been a sprint car track and will always be as long as the guys want to race there. There are at least 13 drivers (that I can think of off the top of my head) that live within a 20 mile radius of Farmington, and they choose to race there because it is close to home, and by the time you figure fuel costs and lodging cost when traveling, they make more money to just stay home and race. Then you have the guys that travel to Farmington.

So to say that Farmington is trying to bust up MASS, that's funny. Webb can keep Killing Sprint Car Racing, and we'll keep enjoying our Sprint Car Racing.

Hat's off to Shepp's Speedway. Don't give up on it.

i believe it is up to the individual car owner/team to decide where they want to race, and for what amount of money. it seems to me (if true)that it was quite arrogant and ballsy of webb to say /threaten what he did. there is little (if any) loyalty in the racing business these days, IMO. whatever loyalty there is, however, should be earned, and NOT forced.

Jacksonville still owes mass money from 2006????????????.First off Morgan county did not exist until 2007.The mess series did not start until 2007.I do not owe him anything.In the future...Try to refrain from topics that you do not know what you are talking about.Good luck with you're third post:)

I believe Hurley posted it was gonna be the same purse as SFCR, except only $1200 to win, and the $300 would be dispersed throughout the field. Not a bad payout at all. Webb seems like a true idiot to me!!

I think dirtfan1 is Webb, or his hired tool with Webb telling him what to say!, Webb has used alot of different names on hoseheads as well, but you can always tell it's him. Pevely should check into this crap and tell WOO to not bring them in in August!:mad:

This can be solved very easily.... Everyone that's fed up with the Webb bull, call or email Pevely and let them know not only that you're not coming to any AllStar/Mess race but also why...... Then call or email Quincy IL and do the same for the Mess show this weekend. If enough people voice their opinions loud enough, someone will take notice. Even the drivers that support his races have to ask themselves why they continue to run for a man that says they "sell their pride" when they race any race other than those he sanctions. WEBB is the reason his drivers have to tow 6 hours away just to race. It's obvious he has worn out his welcome in most of Illinois and Missouri. Thanks to Shepps for trying to help the drivers in this area. I supported you last night and will support you in the future.

First of all no need for Shepps to say sorry to us fans. I say THANK YOU to Shepps for trying to get some 410 winged sprints back around here.

Im sorry certain people will do whatever they feel is in THEIR best interest to make money. How low can you go to call drivers and tell them not to race somewhere if they know what is in their best interest? To me that shows how WEAK your series is.

So if Shepps decided to give in and make this a MESS show it would of been the greatest track ever to watch a sprint car race huh Dirtfan 1? I called Shepps when I heard about what was going on and told them good because if this was a MESS series I was staying home.

The MESS series has ran what 2 maybe 3 shows so far this year? So you would rather the drivers stay home and not race but one time a month? Im not even going to bring up the Benton deal from last year. Plus how are the drivers even to know what the schedule is when the website has been down for 2 days? LMAO :D:D:D We will see how many cars they get at Danville here soon. Oh wait that race has been cancelled! LOL:D

Farmington isnt trying to tear apart the MESS series. The MESS series has done that to themselves. Dont be mad at Farmington because they know what is going on and wont book one of their shows. Again why are you so concerned about Farmington and Jacksonville? Oh yeah, its because of YOUR own personal interest, not the drivers or fans.

Farmington stay strong and I will continue to support you all I can. Again thank you goes out to Shepps for trying and not backing down to these games some people like to play. Last but not least, thank you to the All Star camp for sinking 410 winged sprints to a even lower level because of their selfish reasons. :mad:

Im with you Dirt Surfer and Wings Rock. The All Star / MESS camp will not be getting my money. I will attend the Pevely show in August but I will let them know that Im not very happy that it is co sancationed by the All Star camp, even though they will bring what 3 maybe 4 cars? LOL :D

What happened to the days where a driver could race whenever and wherever they wanted? :confused:

I will bring my car back 360 or 410 winged show doesn't matter, I was just happy to have another place to race. Glad to see a new track experimenting with different classes. Also not to throw Jimmy Hurley under the bus, but I believe on his hoseheads press release he would run a winged sprint at Shepps again as well.

Jeff Hicks
8H Racing

Anytime there is a Winged 410 race at Shepps I will be there. It is a tight place but it is somewhere to race. Thank you Steve and Stevie for trying to run 410 sprints at your track. Hopefully we can get more cars for you next time if there is a next time. Also great job on preparing the track for us Sunday.

Thanks,
Jimmy Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back