Some Decisions Have Been Made!

Unlimited

Here are some of the classes that will race at the rock in 2008!!!

DWARFS = Current rules
PURESTREET = Current rules
B MODS = Current rules
CRATE LATEMODELS = (Not sure of sanction, working with sanctioning bodies to see what one is the best fit)

The A MODS will not run weekly at the Rock in 2008.

The Multis will not run weekly at the Rock in 2008.

Ther will be a couple of special classes that will drop in throughout the year as soon as the dates are finalized the will be made public.

We would like a honest reply from the UMP Sportsman cars that would truly like to race at the rock in 2008 so we can get the rest of the lineup of classes out to the poeple.

As soon as the remaning class is finalized there will be a drivers meeting.

Thank you.

Hopefully they will go with FASTRAK. Already have alot fo drivers committed to running and several new drivers that are switching from C.A.R.S. and do not want to run UMP.

As far as crate classes are concerned, would really like to see FASTRAK sanctioning. We have a good car count on Saturday nights and we're all looking for a Friday night track. Could probably expect 20 to 25 cars from this sanction. This class has been growing steadlily for the last 3 years and these guys put on a good show.

I am glad to see the A-mods will still be making appearances from time to time. Hopefully fairly often. But, basically, I think the program described above is pretty good. Having a different class every so often will keep things fresh and allow the track to consider which, if any, classes would make a good addition to the program. I also like the fact that the four classes are distictly different.

Seriously think about FASTRAK. It is a great series, had a very competitive group of drivers this past season and its NATIONAL!! Only means room for growth, and the chance for $50,000 at the end of the season for a team.:)

Good Class........

Unlimited, Dont know who you are but it is appreciated that you got this information. I too hate to see the A-Mods go but it will be a treat when they do get to come and visit. Im VERY glad to see that NO class will be taken from another track. I sure hope some of the Sportsman guys get with you i TRUELY believe they would be an asset to the show. Great line-up. Anne, call me if there is anything i can do to help you all out ! LD :)

UMP's site doesn't list any engine rules for their limited modifieds except carburetor and ignition. I guess other than that it's basically a regular UMP modified.

If you go UMP sportsman, it would be smart to go UMP Crate. You'll just have to look at your car counts as I think you would draw UMP's as long as you start early enough. Our cars will be UMP for sure, maybe occasional Fastrak but? Fastrak isnt a bad sanction though, do what you have to do to get cars

B MODS = POSSIBLE UMP(Talking to UMP to see how diffrent rules are.)

Please dont start changing the rules. When we had the meeting at Roseners it was agreed the rules would stay the same for 2-3 years. Here we are what 7-8 nites of racing.

If you guys want to start changing the rules lets make those changes the end of the '08 season for the '09 season

As I am sure most can understand, I really dont want to start replacing parts I have already bought for next season.
progress.gif

I would bring my sportsman down every now and then but it wouldn't be every
weekend.
I remember just how good Doug could get around that place in the 35 car.

Kyle

We do not want to change any rules for the B-Mods that is what I was checking on Tuesday, but found that it appears to be open motor rule with limited carbs in the UMP class. We feel the rules the way they are makes for good racing and alot of guys are ready to go under those rules so the B-MODS will run the current rules from last year. Thanks for the input.

Sportsman

Well, I for one LOVE this class and would like nothing more than to see them succeed at The Rock. BUT, come on fellas, this is your chance to have a Friday night track (that is fairly close) so we need to see that there is actually some REAL interest. Otherwise, there is no need to commit to UMP and then not have a car count to support yourselves. I think the sportsman will be an asset to the track IF you guys/gals come together and support yourselves and make this happen!!!!!

A-modifieds

Well, we kinda hate to get the boot. But good luck to you all anyway. Jon Reando

No Fastrak....................

Instead of Fastrak, go ULMA. It gives those of us that HATE crate cars the option of running another brand than chevrolet, and allows us to build our own. Not to mention that ULMA has several sanctioned tracks in Missouri, a points fund, and several special shows throughout the year. Another plus, is that with ULMA there is NO Sanctioning fee to be paid to ULMA. They prefer that any monies that would be normally paid for sanctioning fees to be paid back in purse money, or point money at the end of the year. They also allow crates to run with them. Everyone benefits that way, not just the guys that run crate motors.
I for one, will run there if they go ULMA. Brad Quinn - # 17x W.T. Harris Late Model Jackson, MO.

GO ULMA!!

Back