To The Coward OF Highland Speedway

jrip_196

Just wanna win
Ok I thought long and hard not to say it but im gonna. My name is Jon Ripperda and i race a sportsman at Highland. Im calling out THE Scott Kuhn. What is the reason to even have a rules meeting and waste my time and all the others that attended. Triple Discs were not allowed. PLAIN and SIMPLE!!! How hard is it to just say no man. I say this on the internet so everybody knows about the stupid dang politics. Plus if i said this to your face i mite wanna do something I regret. Just to let everybody know, he didn,t have the balls to call a certain few cars illegal. Only Allied legal cars can run a triple disc. So tell me this, is it legal for me to come with a 4 barrel and side boards for a nite since they all got thier free-be for the year. Cause it is the same dang thing. If they can race illegal for a nite and get away with it when you know about, why cant I. And you wonder why the car count is down. If you are protecting a couple cars cause you know them good or whatever to keep them happy, you mite wanna think about the other 12 to 15 that come. If you keep the crap up im sure i will head to MT. Vernon for good. Hopefully Others are thinking the same. Oh and to any Allied people who read this, if you guys open the fall national rules up for us poor guys stuck at this politic hole, you have a new weekly racer here. Allied people please consider. Thats my opinion. Like it or not, it had to be said. I give you one more week to figure it out and explain your cause MR.Kuhn.

Hey Jon come on down to the Vern saturday. There trying to get that class going and can't complain for 250 to win

I was at the rules meeting last December and Scott Kuhn did say Highland cars were not aloud to run triple disc only Allied legal cars were aloud to run that modification ONLY. I guess Scott Kuhn's word don't mean much when it comes to enforcing the rules . Maybe thats why the same two drivers are up front every week in that devision .

Hey man i cant complain the way ive ran all year. Not complaining about getting beat by good cars cause there is some top notch equipment in that class. And i proved you can win without it and run right with them, but do not like getting beat like this. One time I also watched a guy bolt a 4-barrel on before the feature and told an official cause i think its horse crap. Did he beat me, NO, but what about the others he beat that nite. I feel that they got cheated. I just want some honesty. I was told there was a petition going around, guess what, i never seen it cause they pry new i wouldnt sign it. It wouldnt bother me if we would have said yes at the rules meeting pryer to the season. Then i would of found one. Now it looks like i have to spend about 600 to make me a little faster. Until then ill run my STOCK fiber clutch.

Thats funny even though it hurts to laugh guess rip not the right last name. I say sell the sportsman and get a mod they have UMP rules.

I like scott and feel bad for the spot he is in, but I am not dealing with the corruption any more, I am going to go to pevely and travel some and maybe go fishing with my dad. I have been beat by cheaters for the last 6 nights at highland. How good will the race be when 2 cars are left?

im not one to add to drama but i have to get this out. this past saturday was my first trip to highland ever, and likely my last for awhile. the racing was one lane follow the leader almost all night (the only exception i saw was the hoffman bielong battle that one was good). ive heard alot about this track and most wasnt good, but saturday i saw somethin that blew my mind. Michael Kloos being allowed to hot lap his late model with two pure stocks. seriously why would u do that! everything about that screams BAD IDEA!!!

I dont run race tracks i dont work the dirt or anything like that i just work on the cars, so i understand i dont have alot of room to complain. But in the 22 years ive been alive a good 18+ has been spent at a dirt race track so i would like to think maybe my opinions are educated. Highland Speedway to me is in a bad way right now and is in need of some serious help before it meets the fate of so many great race tracks thru the nation the last 5 years. Nobody wants to see ANY track close. Help yourselves here.

Randy Vincent

The sportsman drivers that were at Highland Speedway Saturday, June 26th agreed that the cars with triple disk clutches would have to put 50 pounds of weight on the left side in front of the motor.

And from mine understanding, Jimmy Cummings, you were one of the ones who came up with this plan. That is the agreement we thought the sportsman drivers that were there Saturday night had agreed upon going forward. It was also brought to my attention that the cars with the triple disk clutches would be weighed and inspected for the next race as well. All of this per meeting that was held Saturday, June 26th with the sportsman drivers that were present.

on more thing,i have it on good authority that scott has not made any money this year ecept for the summer nat show,,ya all keep ragging on him and we might HAVE 2 GO 2 the vern(dont get me wrong,thats where i plan on being this sat.but its a hour drive + when we can drive a few min to hi-land)

So when did this meeting take place, last Saturday? My son raced his sportsman even though ironicly, he had clutch problems ..! He was not asked his opinion, WHY? Because he is not a regular. Or because he was Allied legal? He was going to have to race against them if he didn't have any problems... So shouldn't he have an opinion,too.
So not all of the drivers were included. Therefore the cars with the illegal clutches should have been disqualifed. Plan and simple. Start with a clean slate the next week.
Oh, by the way we are not a regular because of this very reason. Their idea of an engine limit is a joke. Dart blocks...! 400 ci limit...RIGHT...! Might as well put the rollers back in the motors, that is if they already haven't. Has anyone checked lately..!
The only reason the son raced up there, was to get some kinks worked out of his car.
When you have to cater to only a few, that's a good way to run the rest of them off.
Bring the rules back to a level that is techable and you'll see the cars come back.
But then again, he just might give up on a good class of cars, and bring in the Late Crates.

Lenny, as far as I can tell you can run your brinn for 6 weeks without complaint. Not sure if bigcat 75 is billy or not but that is my guess. I told scott after the heats I was sick of the cheating and we talked about it and I told him I was willing to protest and he didnt have a price. We bs'ed around during the rest of the nite over rules but never had a meeting. Scott said he was going to tell them to add 50 lbs to the front but when I talked to him on the front straight before the feature he said they didnt do it yet which means illegal. What stinks is I like everyone involved but I dont like being made a fool of. I went out for the feature with 200 bucks in my pocket and wasnt given a price for a glance at a clutch. I expand on my thoughts but I am typing this this on my phone and it isnt fun

The sportsman drivers that were at Highland Speedway Saturday, June 26th agreed that the cars with triple disk clutches would have to put 50 pounds of weight on the left side in front of the motor.

And from mine understanding, Jimmy Cummings, you were one of the ones who came up with this plan. That is the agreement we thought the sportsman drivers that were there Saturday night had agreed upon going forward. It was also brought to my attention that the cars with the triple disk clutches would be weighed and inspected for the next race as well. All of this per meeting that was held Saturday, June 26th with the sportsman drivers that were present.

My question would be why have a meeting? The rule is no triple disc unless you are an Allied legal car. Why would drivers show up (especially regulars) with a triple disc they for sure know is illegal in their car? I'm not sure who had what, but can any Joe Blow the rag picker show up with what they want to run and get a meeting called to get it allowed? Rules are rules, plain and simple. If they enforce them down the line, these situations wouldn't arise. JMO

Seems to me UMP or whoever the hell it is,better make some base rules instead of taking on more classes, fix the ones you have. Leaving it up for the track is not working make a damn base line for them to follow,and this stuff wont happen( maybe) . Scott if this stuff was talked about at the drivers meeting and was said there was going to be no triple disk then keep it that way . Don't change it for the few Allied cars cause i will tell you this Allied will not change or let your cars that have something different run not even by adding weight Don will not budge for one night , so why should you . UMP step up to the plate and make some base RULES after all thats why you pay membership .

GOD I LOVE RACING TIME !!

Like Jimmy says, i like everybody i race with and not trying to bash, but this is just ridiculous and we want answers. I grew up watching Highland and will always love Highland. It my home track no doubt about it. I never new about the 50lb deal on the front but either way its a chicken poop move. And trust me Momma Drew, i raced thier all year and nobody asked me nothing. Still pretty P.O. about the deal. Good call Jimmy. Shoulda made them put it on the right front.

Thank god Im glad i sold my car i said it three years ago. UMP need rule you can not race for a ump championship if you can't go to diffent tracks . so the real COWARD IS UMP. All the race that show up that dont have the $$$$$$ to back the racer dont have a say at highland. I would love to see this class stay around but things like this made the low dollar guy not race i know of 5 guys that has call me and said that this was BS but i said that is why i sold my car the rule for me was costing me to much to have fun....i was paid the same 03 that it is now.

now that my take of thing
Bryan Slover

Wow, now how does the allied rules look. Atleast week to week we know what we are running against. You have to give Troutman kudos, for the most part they have stuck to their rules. Whats the difference between a highland sportsman and a 3 link b mod???? There has to be a line somewhere.

My question would be why have a meeting? The rule is no triple disc unless you are an Allied legal car. Why would drivers show up (especially regulars) with a triple disc they for sure know is illegal in their car? I'm not sure who had what, but can any Joe Blow the rag picker show up with what they want to run and get a meeting called to get it allowed? Rules are rules, plain and simple. If they enforce them down the line, these situations wouldn't arise. JMO

Excellent post. This is why this class is so confusing. You show up at a track and your not equal to others?? Due to they decided(seems they had a meeting of a few but not all drivers) that this was......ok. Ok??? But if its ok...why do the rulebooks still state otherwise??? Man oh man.........i liked that track. But the crap that comes with it(yea........some are political) just doesnt seem right for a guy to build a legal car(per rule book) and run his butt off there week in and week out. I dont like demeaning a track...........actually i hate doing it and i hate seeing others do it. but this is why.........that track and that class will be having issues and i dont blame the ones throwing a gripe. Go back to the plain and simple rules. 3200 bls 4 link only!!! 3300 with berts or brins(berts will not add horses or torgue. They are just lighter hence the 100 pd weight rule. if you wants proof...watch b mods run. Cant tell difference with ones running 3 spds and berts or brinns)......no 4bbls!!! this is not late class!!! And stock appearing clutches..if no berts are run. Motors should be small block with steel heads..i should say blocks from automaker productions not darts!! Solid cams no bigger than 550 lift. Prety much get everyone on an even set of rules.

Back