Tri City Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just curious as to if they will be UMP this year or not. I'm still hearing alot of no's and alot of yes's so if anyone could shed a little light that would be appreciated. Thank you.

If thats the case then everyone should just make their UMP check out to Belleclair Speedway because they just might own it and Tri-City.

just curious

why did Tri-city decide to get rid of the streetstocks this year? They always had a good crowd?

I would say that if it requires a special meeting to discuss it then it's not going to happen.

Not necessarily...if it was a flat out no they probably would have given it to them a long time ago...and i did look on the UMP website and under tracks it did say fridays on tri city...maybe its a sign

I can tell you don't know anything about law, but breach of contract is a very serious legal issue and it is very likely that UMP could be found to be in breach of its contract agreement and its also very likely that Tri-City along with all its sponsors could be found to be in complicity to cause such a breach.

It all depends on the language of any agreements or contracts between UMP and Belleville, but one thing is certain in that the established mileage limitation that UMP has established does in effect grant an exclusive.

Have you seen or read a contract that UMP does with member tracks?

I don't believe there is anything in the contract concerning sanctions of other tracks in an area.

Also, Godfrey Speedway was inside this magical # of 50 mile radius that we all keep hearing about as well.

THE ONE THING ABOUT THIS ARGUMENT THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF IS PEOPLE AND THEIR COMPLETE DISREGUARD FOR BELLE CLAIR SPEEDWAY! PEOPLE ARE QUICK TO VOICE THEIR DISPLEASURE AND SUPPORT, WHEN A TRACK GETS UNDER PRESSURE FROM PEOPLE LOOKING TO GET IT SHUT DOWN. BUT, WHEN THEY HAVE A PERSONAL AGENDA THEY TALK OUT OF THE OTHER SIDE OF THEIR MOUTH.

BELLE CLAIR'S BEST INTEREST NEEDS TO BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION ALSO, NOT JUST TCS AND UMP. THOSE WHO ARE IN FAVOR FOR UMP TO BE AT TCS IN 07' NEED TO PUT THE SHOE ON THE OTHER FOOT. WHAT IF THE ROLES WERE REVERSED? MOVING TO FRIDAY'S WASN'T A HAVE TO SITUATION FOR KEVIN. HE HAD A GOOD THING GOING ON SUNDAY. SECOND ONLY MAYBE TO I55. THATS A MAYBE, THEY WERE PRETTY CLOSE IN MY OPINION. KEVIN JUST THINK IT WILL BE A LITTLE BETTER ON FRIDAYS. WHICH I'M NOT SO SURE OF.

IF THERE ISN'T A 50 MILE RULE DOES THAT MEAN THERE ISN'T ONE NOW? OR WAS THERE NEVER ONE? IF THERE NEVER WAS ONE, WHO PULLED IT OUT OF THERE ARSE? I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE REASONING FOR BOB WENTE NOT GETTING UMP WAS THAT HE WAS TO CLOSE TO HIGHLAND???? IF ANYONE HAD A REASON TO GO TO COURT IT WOULD BE WENTE.

YOU CAN TAKE ONE THING TO THE BANK. TCS WOULDN'T GET THE SANCTION IF IT WAS I55 IT WAS GOING AGAINST INSTEAD OF BELLEVILLE!!!!!!!

JUST MY OPINION! CARELESS IF YOU LIKE IT!!!!!!!! :p

Normally, I used to only go to TCS in illinois (during the Wente era). Now I think I'm going to make the trek to Belleclair at least a couple of times to show support for them. I may even drag the race car along with me.

Amen pitdrifter you said it exactly like it should be. They should just rename this website tcsracing.com cause if you say one negative thing about it all kinds of people even jimmy start screaming. From my point of view right now they are making competition for bellville which will hurt them no matter what and have brought a case up against that little track out there on 19 sounds like a bunch a no good scoundrals to me. I hope they dont get ump and everyone quits going there

There is no such thing as the "50 Mile" rule. Never has been, probably never will be! This was something that the late, great Bob Memmer did for his tracks back in the day (Never in a written contract though). It was never written in a contract, just ask any track promoter if it is in their contract, because I can tell you it is not! So for those who keep screaming about it you might as well give it up, because there is NO SUCH THING AS A "50 MILE RULE"!!

With that being said I hope both tracks do well. Belle-Vegas has a dedicated group of fans & racers that will be there no matter what.

There is no such thing as the "50 Mile" rule. Never has been, probably never will be! This was something that the late, great Bob Memmer did for his tracks back in the day (Never in a written contract though). It was never written in a contract, just ask any track promoter if it is in their contract, because I can tell you it is not! So for those who keep screaming about it you might as well give it up, because there is NO SUCH THING AS A "50 MILE RULE"!!

With that being said I hope both tracks do well. Belle-Vegas has a dedicated group of fans & racers that will be there no matter what.

That is true...amen

I'm confused:confused: First sentence says "no such thing" in the next sentence you say "Bob Memmer (UMP organization) did for his tracks"

If it has been done in the past and continues at any track in the UMP organization. There could be an argument made that there needs to be written notification that this has stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back