Trophy???

duckhunter330

Steve "Duck" LaGarce
I am not trying to stir up any crap on this thread , and please dont take it the wrong way. I am just asking a question, but why was the trophy given out at a track that is not even with the RAMS? Again just a question.

I'd say....

I would say because for the most part that is where Shannon accumulated his RAMS points. Being and hour and half closer to where he lives probably had something to do with it too. Good job Shannon :)

Ok....

Well First off, there really is no RAMS track... RAMS is an organization... Both tracks award RAMS points... I'm pretty sure that Shannon wouldn't drive all the way to MCS just to receive a trophy.... We have been driving that road off and on for 3 years and I'll tell ya its not a quick trip.... Don't get me wrong I love the track, but with gas prices the way they are and the length of the trip, it really takes the fun out of it.......And I just bet if you were the RAMS champion, that you wouldn't want to drive to Doe Run to receive your trophy, would ya???:confused:

trophy

drr is where i ran my first race(phil hannahs truck)out of the 20 races i ran this year,17 were at drr-i know a big portion of the fans at drr-alot of my family come watch me at drr-its the place i won the championship at(last friday)-i sponsor drr race track-drr is my "home" track-if i would of done it at mcs,it wouldn't have been the same-just like my first feature win ,it was at mcs,to be honest it suxed-i was just another face in the crowd,people didn't know anything about me-alot of the drivers down here know what i went through to get to the point i am at-it was nothing aginst mcs or any of my fellow racers from up there,if you could be around the fans down here you would know exacty why it was done at drr

Duck,
I understand what you are saying and even though I'm not a fan of that particular track I honestly feel that is where it should have been done at. That's where Shannon clinched the points and also won the majority of his races.

The bigger question is how does a track that does not run RAMS rules even get RAMS points??????????????????????????

That my friend is an issue that you may want to discuss at our little meeting today at 2 p.m. at Pizza Inn in DeSoto... Who knows, maybe Fredericktown will once again be running the RAMS and we won't have that problem again.

smokingjoe said:
The bigger question is how does a track that does not run RAMS rules even get RAMS points??????????????????????????
The Rams drivers that compete at Doe Run run under Rams
rules the same as the drivers at MCS...Much like when the Rams
ran a traveling series at numerous tracks that didn't run
under Rams rules...
As far as the Rams moving to Fredericktown next year, that
would be voted on by the Rams members.....
Personally I would like to see it (only because my car would be legal there)
but I really don't see it happening....I think all the guys that run at
Doe Run on a regular basis like the track, the promoter, the fans,etc.
I really can't see them voting to change tracks...JMO

smokingjoe said:

Well, for those that didn't attend the RAMS rules meeting last off-season, it was voted in by the members in attendance that you could accumulate RAMS points by racing Doe Run Raceway or Montgomery County Speedway or any other RAMS sanctioned races at other tracks that might be added later. It's actually pretty easy to be DRR and RAMS legal, obviously Shannon, Marty, Bill and Wolf showed that. I hope that this helps out.

WingsRock said:
Well, for those that didn't attend the RAMS rules meeting last off-season, it was voted in by the members in attendance that you could accumulate RAMS points by racing Doe Run Raceway or Montgomery County Speedway or any other RAMS sanctioned races at other tracks that might be added later. It's actually pretty easy to be DRR and RAMS legal, obviously Shannon, Marty, Bill and Wolf showed that. I hope that this helps out.
Question? How can you have a RAMS "sanctioned" race when there are no RAMS "sanctioned" tracks. This was a question I asked over a year ago and that's how they came up with this "rule" that you posted here (even though it's no where in either the rules or the bylaws).
The idea of establishing the RAMS was to come up with a set of rules and regulations that would allow a racer to go to various tracks "sanctioned" by the RAMS so he (or she) would know exactly what the rules were ahead of time (like IMCA). I'm not saying close or nearly, but exactly the same. If a track is not willing to follow those rules then there is no way they could be a RAMS "sanctioned" track. In 2006 I hope the RAMS do have "sanctioned" tracks and "sanctioned" events the way it was intended.

But also for the record, ALL of the RAMS races that were run during the travelling series were run under RAMS rules. We allowed non-RAMS members to race with us, but they were not given points for those races.

Rules will actually be voted on in November....not next month. That will allow the new members time to join for next year so they can have a vote in the rules. I really don't think it will be all that interesting.

I thought Trashdog said that the rules are voted on prior to the election month at the meeting. My mistake sorry.

Millsey said:
In 2006 I hope the RAMS do have "sanctioned" tracks and "sanctioned" events the way it was intended.

But also for the record, ALL of the RAMS races that were run during the travelling series were run under RAMS rules. We allowed non-RAMS members to race with us, but they were not given points for those races.
Do you mean strictly running at MCS????? If the members want "sanctioned" events then that is the way they should vote. They voted to run on Friday nights at DRR and Saturday nights at MCS. They didn't want to have "sanctioned" events!!!! I believe it was Joe Trendle yesterday at the meeting that said if the RAMS chose to "travel" a little more and not race MCS every Saturday, he'd say "screw you" if he was Mel...after Mel gave them a track to race at on a weekly basis. Like I said, they didn't want a traveling series.

That's okay...

smokingjoe said:
I thought Trashdog said that the rules are voted on prior to the election month at the meeting. My mistake sorry.
Maybe that's how it was done in the past (not last year though...we had the rules meeting in December after I was elected). No big deal, but don't you think it would make more sense to wait 'til November when the ones who plan on joining for next year can have a vote in the rules??? Or those that don't plan on being involved don't or choose not to have a say so?? Just maybe try to meet with Duck and have a list of things you want to change in the rules. I'll allow both of you time to talk about this at the next meeting and that will give the members some time to start thinking about it and then it will be voted on at the November (election) meeting once Trashdog takes over (that's assuming nobody runs against him). I just think that would be better for the members who haven't joined yet but plan to do so for next year (after the Nov 1st date).

Yes thats they way I felt. But I also thought there are 3 two day shows. That would allow another date on a Sat. night somewere and still let MCS run on Sunday and give the RAMS a race ever week of the year at MCS.

Hey, I think the traveling series is the best thing (especially for the points race). I think there should be set dates that are nights members race for RAMS points!!! However, that decision was left up to the members....most of the DRR guys were for it and most of the MCS guys weren't (at least not this year). I spoke with Ray Marler about getting a date at I-55 but he didn't have any openings for the RAMS this year (for whatever reason). SFCR didn't have any openings because they were running 5 classes this year (that will be different next year). I had a good friend of mine (Rusty Griffaw) talking to other track promoters (some in IL) who said they would like to have us for a Saturday night show BUT who was gonna leave MCS for those nights? The promoters wanted a guaranteed decent car count and I couldn't give them that (with guys wanting to race at MCS on a regular basis...understandably). If the RAMS are gonna travel next year, the dates need to be gotten earlier and the members need to vote on it. I would be ALL for it!!!

"blaah, Blaah, Blaah!"

Members voted, members agreed to it and it was a done deal. It doesn't concern any non-members or ex-members during the 2005. People that where not member at the time of the vote are S.O.L. If people want to say what they think the RAMS should be or do needs to join and be at those meetings when the votes are taken or just quite whinning about it! The members that where active in the Assoc. was made aware that the rules would be discussed and voted on at the next meeting. I believe it was the Duck Bros. that did the final draft on the rules and presented for final vote and approval of the membership for 2005. As far as RAMS not being a travel series last year, that was done on behave of the North members didn't want to travel and not support MCS on Saturday nights. When the 2005 rules meeting was over everyone seamed happy at the time. North guys got to stay home @ MCS every Saturday nights and support Mel and the South members got to race @ a the only local track open and was told they were welcome to race there. The membership Knew Doe Run Raceway had some restrictions compared to the RAMS Rules and everyone said it was ok, a few of the North guys said they wouldn't drive to DRR even if their cars were legal there. The restrictions in DRR rules didn't appear to hurt the performance of the class any, 4 of the top 5 in RAMS points where raced @ DRR. If you believe there needs to be changes made to the 2006 rules contact the 2006 rule commitee, they are currently taken suggestion to be presented to the membership for a vote, otherwise JUST BUT OUT!
Marty Boyer 52 RAMS

Back