Tubby Black

bofusracing

Anyone else agree that Tubby Black is a danger to the people on the track that actually drive fast? Don't get me wrong, I grew up watching Tubby and at one time he was fast. What happened?

bofusracing

bofusracing said:
Anyone else agree that Tubby Black is a danger to the people on the track that actually drive fast? Don't get me wrong, I grew up watching Tubby and at one time he was fast. What happened?

What Happend? Tubby is old, geezzz wake up man!!! and most of all he's a legend at SFCR.It's amazing that a guy his age is still out there giving it his all and loving every minute of it. Everyone loves seeing tubby out there every saturday night. I even remember when he'd make the haul down to benton to race at a big show.The guy Is a legend and has respect from everyone that knows what he has accomplished in racing as well as just being the kind hearted person he is. So why don't you give the guy some credit here. with that post your going to ofend alot of people most likely. oh adn by the way, tubby isn't a danger. he gets out of the way when the leaders get by him. so why don't you get off his back. GO TUBBY GO!!!!!!

that was well said Jonesy. tubby has all my respect. he's was one hell of a driver and still is and most of all he's one hell of a nice guy. in my book he's a hero. Keep on trucking' Tubby!

I remember watching Tubby race ever since I was a little girl. I still like to see him every week at the track. I have to say he deserves our utmost respect and he is not a danger to anyone. He gets out of the way and drives just fine. Maybe we should see some of these loudmouth people to get in any one of the race cars and see if they have the same opinion. I have to say that ALL racers and their families have my respect. I am just a little bias to modifieds. My dad raced one, my husband now races one. One heck of a race Saturday guys all the way through the line. Great Job!!!!

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I read and re-read the initial post and did not see anyone being disrespectful. If you agree or not bofus is just as entitled to his/her opinion as anyone is.

I find it amazing that some people can respond with so much vigor regarding Tubby and then run down other teams out of the other corner of their mouth.

I think all racers are entitled to some respect for being the characters that provide the show that we all love to watch, but in the end, most of us are just outsiders with opinions.

Lol!

bofusracing said:
I happen to own and race a non-winged USAC ...car. So the long and short is; my money is where my mouth happens to be.

My question to you is...why did you even bring up the whole Tubby Black thing when you don't even race your car at SFCR or your car doesn't even race at SFCR??? what's it to you that tubby still races???why do you care? your lil USAC car isn't on SFCR's track. so quit stirring up hipe on here!

Tubby is one of the nicest and most respectful people I have ever met. He might not be as fast as he used to be but racing is what keeps him going and makes him happy. Racing has become a way of life for him and his family so asking him to stop racing is like taking a peice of his life away, and as for myself I would not like to be the person to do that. We should give him respect and be happy that he still has enough guts and still able to get out with the younger crowd and race.

i think trhats a fair question, bofus...and the answer is...the drivers dont complain and he likes it...so whats it matter? if thats the case i hope he drives til hes 106...ive never heard another driver complain...

Bofus, let me explain something to you. Despite his age, Tubby, especially when he's on the track, is totally in his element. He knows what he can and what he can't do. Gene "Tubby" Black is an inspiration to virtually every sprint car driver who either currently drives or has ever driven at SFCR.

Tubby Black = Dale Earnhardt

As far as a local racin legend no we don't have Dale Earnhardt but we do have Tubby Black and most folks around here respect him in that manner. Just look at the wall of fame and guess who's there? So sorry to tell ya he isn't just gonna go away he will always be our racin legend and he'll always be with us at the track............................................................

i aswell as most everyone around here has grown' up watching Tubby race...and to call him a danger is well i think stupid because in the past 5 years Tubby has had about one "wreck" and it was only a few bent piece of sheet metal...Tubby knows what he is doing..other wise he wouldn't be out there and millsey said it best..."in his elment......." Tubby is not only a insperation to sprintcar drivers but also to other drivers in other class..so Tubby keep on going...don't for get his 18 championships :D...JB

Bofusracing Is Worried That Ole Tubby Would Beat Him,but Really Why Would A Usac Driver Even Care About A Driver At Empire Speedway

dirthound, my point exactly, the person claims they race a USAC or own USAC then why the hell do they even care about SFCR and Tubby racing??? my guess is its some wuss that gets on here trying to stir up crap and whine cause Tubby prolly whooped his hing end in the past in a sprint car. :>:>:>:> go whine somewhere else bofusraing. tubby is a legend always will be now back off the guy and go drive your USAC.:p

I'm Glad to see an open minded forum.

First, In response to all you fine Christian people bashing a person for his opinion, let me just say that I didn't listen to what you said but think that everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, right, wrong or indifferent.

Second, just because some people consider Tubby a legend, lets remember that sometimes legends are the bad guys (Billy the Kid, Captain Kidd, the list goes on and on.....)

As the saying goes, " know when to say when." Even the greatest athletes in the world have to hang it up when they can't perform. And if you're hanging on to keep from trying to grow old, good luck. The grim reaper will catch you before the guy tapping your right rear will.

And another thing, how many of you are actually out there racing and having to face Tubby on the track. Think about that the next time you take the kids out in the car for a rid (if you get the tires on it and out of the front yard.)

:mad:

Back