Godfrey What A JOKE!!!

Eskew11

''Slammin Shannon''
$220 to enter for Sportsman 36ars $1500 to win $200 to start
$170 to enter Bombers 26 cars $800 to win $125 to start
Cars went through tech on Friday to be found legal only to have there cars teched again on Saturday where they would be found ILLEGAL
Piss poor promoters had everyone mad
Many cars loaded up and recieved there $ back
Looked like its was just a local show that you had to pay a weeks pay just to enter.
After talking to several of the drivers in attendance they were in the same boat as us, they had talked to the one of the promoters throughout the week to make sure that there car would be legal when they got there only to be STABBED in the Back on Saturday.
MTCL

http://www.fayettecospeedway.com/october_show.htm

NOW HERES A SHOW THAT PEOPLE SHOULD GO SEE AND ENTER.
LOW ENTRY FEES, GOOD PAYOUT. THEY HAVE IT ALL POSTED CLEAR AS DAY, YOU KNOW THE BREAKDOWN OF THE PAY. JUST CHECK IT OUT LOOKS LIKE A GOOD ONE TO GO TO. UNLIKE THE GODFREY FLOP SHOW.

Godfrey joke

Leave the promoting of big bomber & street stock shows up to Charlie at Brownstown, because you guys couldn,t run a lemonade stand without screwing it up!! When you tell someone they are legal friday and not saturday is not right!! Going from $3000 to win down to $800 to win you probably did us a favor because $170 to enter for $800 to win doesn,t sound good to me.

Eskew 22

whats up

:confused: For one thing I didn't see them teching any street stocks on friday. I really didn't see any teching at all and if your mad about the payout it was based one 200 car count they didn't have it so the payout was reduced. This was the first time they have tried to put on a show like this and they did the best they could. If they try this again next year it mite be alittle better expectly if they they can find some kind of sponsers to garanty a big purse.:p

THEY WEREN'T GOING TO GET 200 CARS. ANYONE WITH ANY SENSE SHOULD HAVE FIGURED THAT. WHAT THE PAYOUT WOULD BE IF 200 DIDN'T SHOW SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE CLEAR.

AS FAR AS THE TECHING? IF WHAT ESKEW11 SAYS IS TRUE, THATS CRAP!

Next time I go to a friday night show and the admission fee is $10 I am going to base that on a 30 car field in late model division, so if only 20 cars show up I am only going to pay $6 to see them race.

I didnt get to the show until about 7-7:30- last night, and I saw this post before I went, so I figured I would ask some questions and find out what was up when I got there.

The one, and (I was told by numerous people that it was only one car that was found illegal and left, not a whole lot of drivers as previously claimed) bomber that showed up on both Friday and Saturday morning was not teched on Friday, and when it was teched on Sat it was found to have a quick steer and weight jacks, and some other stuff that was not within the rules . It was described as being as much of a SS/Sportsman as it could have been, and it would not be allowed to run as a bomber, it just would not have been fair to all the bomber guys there. So the guy loaded and left. Fair enough.

As far as payout, Charlie cuts the purse at the big shows when he doesnt get the necessary car count as well. At the spring shootout, he got roughly 75% of the cars he needed to make the full purse, and anyone that was there should remember that he announced at the Monday drivers meeting that the purse was to be cut accordingly, and when the payout was made it wasnt the full amount advertised. So that is nothing new either.

What I was also told was that they gave everyone the option on Sat of loading up and going home, and cancelling the event. What that meant was that all the racers eat their travel costs to and from the track, whatever amount that was, and Wade et al eat two days of wages, expenses, lights, etc everything. Now who do you think is forking out more for nothing should the show get cancelled? Wade, obviously, but the offer was made and it was left up to all the participants to choose whether or not to cancel. The vote was overhwelming in favor of staying and racing, no one wanted to go home just because the purse was not going to be as large. And again, the purse was due to the car count.

The track was rough. Yes, it was, but you go figure out how to do the track prep for "intermittent showers, dry slick to unpredictable amount of moisture back to dry slick running sportmans and bomber and not the usual LM's and modifieds" and you could have been useful last night. I dont think you can even begin to put the blame on the promoter for the track conditions, considering the mix of weather. I think they did a good job just keeping the show going considering.

Finally, it was advertised that their would be free beer (YES, YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY "FREEEE BEEEEER") after the show, and not only was that bought and paid for on Friday night, it was again bought and paid for on Saturday night as well. And a bonfire to roast all the free hot dogs (and these were the big ones, the 1 pounders) you could eat. I hung out for quite a while after the show, and I didnt hear a single guy in a racing suit or anyone else for that matter complaining. I dont know of any promoter that threw a party for free like that after a race, so I think that says something about the kind of folks the Glovers are.

I think that all in all it was a pretty good event considering all the circumstances. And on last thing is to congratulate all of the drivers who were there, cause there was little contact and a whole lot of hard racing going on. Oh yeah, I busted on Rick Rhoades a lot earlier on in the season for being a demolition man on the track, well, last night in the bomber feature he ended up last, and finished second, and man, he didnt hit a thing. I was truly impressed, Great Job Rick, that was really a gem of a run against good competition.

Steve,

You must need new glasses!! The two so called promoters were teching the cars as they came in on Friday,hell some guys would'nt even unloaded them out of there enclosed trailers so they had to go tech them inside.I can't think of any Sportsman cars that were SCREWED butI did'nt talked too all of them.All of the SCREWING was given to the out of towners running bombers.All of the LOCAL were scared to get there asses whipped.SO the decided to re-tech on Saturday.
On Friday everything was LEGAL,then on Saturday they say you are ILLEGAL.We were found Illegal Because we had a Quick Steer and an aftermarket MasterCylinder.Many others left because of the money being paid out.
MTCL

Lets see, in the first two rows for the feature were two cars that hauled four hours from Lasalle to race at this show. Thats about as far from LOCAL as you can get. They werent thrown out, and they were fast guys too. So there goes your "lets screw the out of towners" theory. I think your just mad at what happened to you personally, but dont try and turn this into a "the whole thing was just a giant screwup and favoritism etc..." cause theres too much evidence to the contrary. And numerous people told me there was only bomber car that left, so that must be you. Everyone else who entered stayed and raced. I think you went with your quick steer and weight jacks etc, thinking you would clean up and then when you found out that wasnt going to happen, that you would have to race as a sportsman, you got all mad and left. This is really nothing more than sour grapes, now, isnt it?

Its funny, because I saw your complaining on here even before the show was over, so when I got there I was like "what the hell is going on, a bunch of guys left, etc.." and I was given this blank look, and told, well, no, just one guy who was wanting to with a quicksteer and weight jacks left, and that was all. It really was not any big deal at the track that you left, and everyone else stayed and raced.

t.nie,

Again someone that has been told lies and needs new glasses.I was standing right there on Friday when Chad and Wade teched the car and they sad your good to go.The owner of the car had talked to Chad on the phone many times so he could make sure the car would be LEGAL!

Yes there were some gray areas,as for the weight jacks, they had steel plates welded on top so you could'nt use them.ALL SAID TO BE LEGAL BY CHAD AND WADE ON FRIDAY! So then when they retech on Saturday these two other guys start nitpicking everything.Thats when the car owner ask to see Chad. Chad say I know I told you all that other stuff was good but I can't let they quick steer and master cylinder go because I have 20 other guys *****n at me about it.( and don't get on here and tell me he did'ny sat that because I was standing right there) So whos running the show the promoters or the local drivers!

And I never said everyone left because they were ILLEGAL ,all I said was that alot of people left after they said what they were gonig too payout.

If you are going to run a big show like this then you need too have your **** together.How hard is it to figure out ahead of time,OK if they pay me this and I only have this many cars this is what it is going to pay.

MTCL

lol

.We were found Illegal Because we had a Quick Steer and an aftermarket MasterCylinder.

Well duhhhhhhhh........you made the trip down,knowing the rules in place,and now decide to bash a track because you cant read?

Yea that makes complete sence to me!

As for the local drivers being scared to run against cars from up north and Mo cars....lmao!

Tell you what,over the winter ill do my best to lobby for a set of rules for wade's show next year kinda like he should have ran this year that fits the area cars,and you come on back down and we will show you how to get smoked!

Only thing i think wade should have done and didnt,and its because he was worried about not getting the count like happened.....is....

Use the rules he has in place next year for his track...dont accomadate a bunch of babies that wont show.....too many local cars in this area were pretty much left out in the dust because the rules got to vague,and i dont blame wade for this!

Like tnie said,he gave them the option to run or not,and they took the race instead of going home!

Id also venture to say that most of the cars that are complaining are closer to sportsman cars than the area bombers and thought they could slide there ***'s in!

Now with that said....why didnt you run the sportsman race were you belonged in the first place?

Now....lastly....if by any means you think local racers are scared...there isa race this weekend at tcs.....payout aint great...but the rules are so simple even ppl like you could understand em..........bring your whiny ***'s to the track saturday and run it!

We will be there!

There where more than one car that left because there was 3 cars that came and raced at Highland last night that had been to Godfrey. Also Wade had called some area Sportsman cars at home on fri night that had not even been there and asked them to come up and race. That was a great gesture. But I know that one driver explained to him why he would not go and was told that it was a garanteed 500 to start.

Charlie did cut the payout at the spring show this year but he only took the money off of the first place winner. The rest of the field was still payed the same.

I personally believe that this could be a great show next year with a little more prep and advertising. Hopefully he will try a show similar to this again next year.

To all the guys posting on this im the driver of the car that got was found illegal. I was told to cover the weight jackers up and i did as far as the QUICKSTEER-BRAKES go to there wed page www.godfreyspeedway.com and look under the rules it says NOTHING about a quicksteer as far as the brakes look under the SUSPENSION rule #7... I just got SCREWED So i would like to invite all the boomers that raced at godfrey this weekend to come and race at jacksonville ill this friday night.. MTCL:mad:

25.All Steering / suspension items OEM in stock location. Stock mount shocks in stock location. Aftermarket springs with spacers allowed. No screw type weight jacks or adjustable.

22.Must have a collapsible type steering shaft or a knuckle. No steering quickner allowed. Approved racing steering wheel with quick release hub allowed.

I just did. And you didnt read rule #42 either.

42.If it is not written, it is not legal!

Sorry, but forget all the rest of it, your illegal just on the quicksteer alone. And the website rules clearly state it.

t.nie,

I said get a new pair of glasses those are the local rules you need to look at the special show rules.I'm woking on a real mad here.I hate it when people get on here and don't even know what they are talking about,or they get there info second hand!!

And yes we were one of the many that was told the start money was going to be paid as posted.

MTCL

2xtremeracing2

I,m the owner of the car that was legal on friday and not saturday. Were you there friday when Wade and Chad looked at the car, NO!! Did you even look at the car? I called Chad at least 6 times during the week to make sure we would be legal when we got there. He knew about the weight jacks,shocks& steering. He said cover the jacks so you can,t adjust them and it will be fine. Don,t get on here and say we can,t read ,because you don,t have a XXXking clue what your talking about! We didn,t come down there trying to get away with anything. This is our first year racing and my brothers 8th night in a car. As for drivers leaving there were 4 or 5 trailers behind mine waiting to get their money back 1 was going home to get his mod and head to Monkey Co. and the others I think were Highland bound. What pisses me off is if we were illegal sat we should of been fri. so we could of packed up and went home instead of paying for a motel we didn,t need. If you want to race against us come to Jacksonville this friday. Maybe we can drink a beer together.

well !!!!

well you know how i am i just have to put my 2 cents in on this. for one thing every one of the lasalle cars had racing petals,no stock fire wall in the front no floor pan the motors was set back. they made the rules up as they went like the weight in the sportsmen class we got there friday tom seets put a 3200 lbs sticker on the car then saturday they said we could 3100 an then they hold the show up for the guy the danville to show up then they let him run alky what kinda **** is that .An another thing they couldnt even copy the right set of brownstown rules. but like everybody else said it was a big joke

Back