tell me what you think about this

racing35

OFFICIAL FLAGMAN
what do you think about u.m.p doing or making your local track do drug testing.for all classes?

Don't know how they pay for it or get the results back in a timely mannor but I'm all for it. do it like the tire test? ramdom checks by pill draw and track I guess. Heck I'd be happy to see em test for drinking.

what do you think about u.m.p doing or making your local track do drug testing.for all classes?
You asked for it so here goes. I think it’s a stupid idea to put it mildly. We have enough problems with the nanny state encroaching on our civil liberties as it is without granting powers to an organization or racetrack who has no right to such powers. Do you have a problem with someone smoking a little weed or sniffing a little whatever? I swear some people must spend every waking hour thinking of ways to stick their nose in other peoples business. If something one citizen does doesn’t affect another in a negative way what gives the first the right to impose his or her will upon them?

I for one do have a huge problem with someone sniffing a little whatever.....or smoking a little weed. What defines little? Ask the person doing that and they would say...oh not much. Ask a person who knows the limits of such activities and it would be....he did how much??And he could function?? Sorry...every job ive worked at has done drug testing. Im all for it. Do weed...crack..meth.....go play ball in someone elses court and hurt each other. Oh..im sure you dont think it could come to a point where someone would get..hurt. Ok. Do this. Hang with a tow truck driver one weekend. You will..within oh...30 minutes find out what i mean. In a typical weekend i worked..within 15 minutes of on call..wamma. Always got some kid who smoked A LITTLE and ended up in a ditch..crossed lanes and hit someone or..god forbid...killed hisself. Driving a race car.....let alone even being in the pits requires you to be on your game at ALL times. I almost got hit when i was 16 yrs old by a guy who flew through the pits with no brakes. Weed in any amount slows the reaction time. I dont care how you call it...it does. If i had been under anything...id be toast. Last minute leap saved my skinny butt. In a car...i respected other peoples stuff and hoped they did mine too. Driving a car requires you to not only race...but be aware of your enviroment(aka...officials). Sorry...id be all for drug testing. You wont agree...guy was just asking for opinions. Not smartass remarks claiming he is taking rights away from anyone. He doesnt seem to have an issue with people who entertain this...just asking if UMP imposed this.whats your thoughts. Not stupid..just a thought.

well, the way i see it, it is coming. in one form or another. somebody is going to get hurt or killed at one of these things, and accusations are gonna start flying. there will be legal action,and the association, competitors, officials, track, are all going to be defendants. hell, even the companies that made the parts on the car are going to be part of this. it will happen, give it time. it wouldnt be the worst idea for any association or track to start a policy, of some sort, to show it is pro-active, rather than re-active.. i know i am going to get 'burned at the stake' for this post, but in this day and age,of lawsuits out the arse for anything,it's coming folks... i guarantee it. hate to say it/see it, but ....

Nobody worried about this 25 yrs. ago. He**, I watched a racer hit a joint outside the pitgate at B-town,IL. in the late '80s. He will remain anoymous. Don't forget that some racers had to have some liquid courage B4 strapping in. Just because someone tests positive for THC doesn't mean they are stoned at that point in time. Green leafy plants won't kill you like the rest of that man-made BS. What people do on there own time is their business. I don't believe race tracks can afford anymore costs to their bottom line. JMO

Not sure if this is the best thing to do,the officials and security need to be out and about watching over everyone and stop things from happening..... The weekends are for racing and whatever else.if everyone watches how they do things,no one will be hurt and we can have fun and watch some great racing.............

I find it hard to understand how anyone would object to this unless they were not going to pass. I worked on many government run construction jobs and had to pass drug tests to work on them. Every guy who complained about their rights failed !! Racing isnt your right its a privilage promoters give you and you must abide their rules to race . So if they had a rule you must pass a drug test to race you either do or dont race there. I agree most tracks these days are too worried about losing drives for any reason and wont do it but the arguement about rights makes no sense to me.

You asked for it so here goes. I think it’s a stupid idea to put it mildly. We have enough problems with the nanny state encroaching on our civil liberties as it is without granting powers to an organization or racetrack who has no right to such powers. Do you have a problem with someone smoking a little weed or sniffing a little whatever? I swear some people must spend every waking hour thinking of ways to stick their nose in other peoples business. If something one citizen does doesn’t affect another in a negative way what gives the first the right to impose his or her will upon them?

For starters yes I do have a problem with someone smoking a little weed or snorting whatever because ITS ILLEGAL! Secondly it definatly becomes my business when someone I am friends with or close to such as family becomes hurt because of someone elses stupid decision. As was previously stated all that crap slows down your reaction time and was made ILLEGAL for a reason. I agree with whoever said that for those of you who are agaisnt it probaly wouldn't pass any way. And for biker6403 if a driver needs a little "liquid courage" to drive a race car I guess he doesn't have balls enough to do it so he should be sitting in the stands and watching. Need liquid courage to drive a car give me a break. I for one definatly agree with the drug/alcohol testing.

anybody who couuldnt refrain from doint that before they get in a racecar. in my opinion is really stupid.i dont know about you guys.but just watching a good race on dirt is a good enough high for me. i could just imagine how the feeling is to be able to race in one would be.jmo.wouldnt need the drugs or whatever.

Back