Ump Champ

Scruffy

How much will Mt Melvin win for the UMP championship this year????????????????:(

He didn't run like the champ last night for sure. Dixon finished 5 with nobody but travelers in front of him. You would think the champ would have been knocking on the door, but NOT!!

BUT YOU DIDN'T AANSWER THE QUESTION WHAT WOULD DOIF HE RACED I55 ANDTHEREARE MORE DRIVERS THAN DIXON BESIDES DID RODNEY GO ELDORA FOR ANY EVENTS NO DIXONHAS AND MADE THE FEILD,ENGLISH WAS THERE THIS AND MADE THE SHOW BUT NO RODNEY WHY NOT

Where exactly does he beet Dixon. It looks like Mr. Melvin was running at Godfrey On Friday until he found out he couldn't beet Dixon. He must of got tired of running against good compitition. :D :D :D :D

dirt crazy

for your information, rodney beat dixon oh where should i start , mt.vernon, haubstaut, highland, benton missouri, and oh me and my wife went to godfrey, and guess who beat dixon that night RODNEY MELVIN, if he ran I55 every week i would bet dixon wouldnt be in second in the ump.

Robinson 24

Thanks for the facts about Melvin. I'm just saying that whenever I've seen Melvin run he didn't do so well. I guess I haven't seen him win because I don't go to Mt. Vernon.

Dixon/Melvin at Godfrey

I saw Ed Dixon at Godfrey hanging on the turn 1 wall on something like lap 2 or 3 of a feature, then restart at the back of the pack and win the race, and yes, Melvin was running that night too. Finished like fifth or something, I think Ed gave him a wave as he blasted past on the high side (A place for the truly great drivers to show how good they are, one slip and the car is history) instead of the dry slick single groove lowline where Rodney lives.

I have never seen Melvin ever win anything when he wasnt at or near the front to begin with on a dry slick track. Of course, I am not a Melvin fan anyway, me thinks he has it too easy where he races to get any of my respect, but can anyone tell me of a race where he did something truly spectacular other than just being good at keeping it on the track? I think he's good, but not that good.

Please, feel free to post some Melvin stories to convince me otherwise, but make it something a little more exceptional other than "Rod won x races at his home track in a little town miles from anywhere where he is the best funded and favorite driver" cause that aint gonna cut it for making a legend out of him.

Melvin looked pretty smooth in his heat race, but he just plain choked in the feature. As for Dixon, I watched the last half of the race from between turns 3 and 4 and he hit the wall almost every lap. He is a good driver and I have seen him come from dead last to win the feature, but I just wish he would smoothen up his driving stlye a bit and he would win more races. He has the car and the driving abilty, but it seems like sometimes he just losses it and goes crazy. I'll admit he is exciting to watch though.

ROBINSON

You're right if Rodney did race weekly at I-55 Dixon wouldn't be second in UMP points. He would be first. Melvin is a smart guy. He knows where to race weekly and win the championship.

Back