08-09 Blues thread

dirtgoon

'89 S-10, 350 Smallblock
Well on the heels of the Blues losing Eric Johnson for the season, do you guy's think that the Blues have a chance to make the playoffs this season? What I've seen of the young guy's, I'm really looking forward to the season. Of course I've always had Blue tinted glasses on but this batch of kids (Oshie, Berglund and even Pietrangelo) look to energize the team. Add in the human wrecking ball Cam Jannsen and this will be an exciting team if nothing else. As far as Johnson go's, I agree with John Davidson and not rushing his rehab. The kid is only 20 and has a good career ahead of him.
Last nights game had everything. Even Barret Jackman dropped his gloves twice. Sean Avery was his usual biotch self and turtled when Jannsen tried to go with him at the end of the game. Look's like our games against Dallas are must-see games this season as there's alot of bad blood built up. I can't wait for the regular season to start.;)

It's called the Blues curse. Same thing as Wickenheiser on the infamous 'snipe' hunt. There has been debate as to how he really did it and if alcohol was involved.

I think dirtgoon is right the young kids are gonna energize this whole franchise.Though the playoffs may be a stretch i dont think we will see any stretches of boring hockey that is for sure.

I don't follow Hockey that close but didn't Johnson miss the beginning of last year as well and when he did play was he really that effective. It sounds to me like he's either got the worst luck in Hockey or he's soft, maybe accident prone is a better description. I wouldn't count on him for anything personally. I think we have other talent that can step up, we had good runs last year it was just spotty. Putting it together is the trick....duh. Like I said I don't follow it that close so what do I know.....

I don't follow Hockey that close but didn't Johnson miss the beginning of last year as well and when he did play was he really that effective. It sounds to me like he's either got the worst luck in Hockey or he's soft, maybe accident prone is a better description. I wouldn't count on him for anything personally. I think we have other talent that can step up, we had good runs last year it was just spotty. Putting it together is the trick....duh. Like I said I don't follow it that close so what do I know.....

He's still on a learning curve. Pronger when he started with Hartford was'nt all that great either and he steadily improved. I see E.J. improving once he get's some playing time. Too bad it look's like next season.

I think the Blues will be fine they would have been more solid with EJ but they will have other guy's step up. Bergalund is pretty awsome. I think he might be more of an offensive defensmen than EJ anyway. He's got quick hands and he moves well. It looked to me that the veterans are a little hungrier this year, I don't think they want to be looked at like the Rams or Cardinals. Talked to Jackman Saturday and Berguland and Jackman said the summers have been to long lately and he plans on changing that.

I think you mean Junlund. Berglund is a center. Junlund has looked good but his shoulder might be messed up. We need to get off to a good start as the schedual is top heavy with home games.

Hopefully the Blues will have a good season. Last night's game was pretty good!!! Lots of fights, & Bishop looked good in goal, as well as Legace.

How many penalty minutes did Janssen have last night???

Good luck Blues!!!!

The first hockey game I ever watched was when I lived in Ft.Worth and received free tickets to the Dallas Stars game. The tickets were about 15 rows from the class and OMG I became instantly hooked!:eek: I will cheer on the Blues because I am originally from St. Louis but even when they had a good team and a good year they would always choke in the playoffs.:eek: They have pretty much just s*cked the past few years,:eek: for the Blues I hope they do have a better year and can get a good team together and they do have some good talent on the team. I bleed green for the Stars. It is a pretty good rivalry though between the Blues and Stars and yes I know the Blues won last night. I will cheer on the Blues but when it comes down between the two teams I am with the Stars. :D:eek: Hey once a Texan always a Texan!!;)

Maybe we should get a group together and go to a Blues vs Dallas game that could be interesting:eek::rolleyes:

I have a suite in December, and there might just be a fewwww open spots. Got to bleed blue though, no poser's, dog your OUT!

Me and my wife were at the game last night, we have a freind that has seaon tickets right behind the blues bench front row, he gives us his tickets all the time, it was defeintly a fun game last night, my wife is a huge manney legace fan, his was so nice enough last night to sign our legace jersys, probley one of the nice hockey player i have ever met, pretty neat i watch andy mcdonald hand his good hockey stick over the glass to a little kid in the stands during the game! one thing i did notice was that karyia wasent suited up, is he still with us?

I have a suite in December, and there might just be a fewwww open spots. Got to bleed blue though, no poser's, dog your OUT!

If the dog part is referring to Dirt Hound that's okay because he seems a little confused: Cubs, Rams :confused::rolleyes:(Sorry Dirt Hound I don't know you personally but I couldn't resist and I am just having fun:);)) If you were referring to me that is quite okay also, I like going to the games and having fun with friends even if we are cheering for opposite teams. You can disagree but still have a lot of fun. ;):D Plus the Stars won't be in town in Dec.

Back