B-Mods.......

Junebugs #1 Fan

JuneBugs #1 Fan
Wondering who would be interested in running Farmington Race track on August 15th???? And Maybe if we have a Good car count, he will run us the rest of the season.... So Come on B-Mods!!!!!! Whos in???????:D:D:D:D It will be a UMP Sanction Race....

I would like to make the trip from spfld.,mo., but the rules need to be opened up a little to help bring cars. Down around southwest mo, ks, and ok they allow other b mods as long as you bring your track rules. Not asking for alot of changes just some small ones such as tires mainly. Only allowed g60 american racers here so dont have hoosiers or anything else to put on to be legal, Just an idea.... Family have been apart of that track history since the early 70s and I would sure like to take my shot at it also. One other thing what tracks rules are they going by that i need to look at?

Wohoo!

Had a good time last time The 44H Huber Motorsports team will be there.

Raceme250 - I can't speak for the track or any other racer but if tires is all your lacking, your G60's would be alright by me. Those hockey pucks are hard just like our Hoosier A's. Give the tracks a call and see what they say.

keeping our eye on this thread, would like to see more input from drivers about running at SFCR and tire rules?

Rules?

We run and older harris with 05 updates (4 link). Rule # 23 ?
We dont have the skock fire wall anymore.
23. Firewall must be solid from left side door to right side door. No gaps. No holes of any kind.

Confused

RBI
I don't know where you got your info but the rules are the same a Doe Run Raceway and MCS. Look at their sites you will see a very precise set of rules.

As far as changing any thing leave well enough alone. There is a good established number of cars in this area already built to these rules. I was only stating that if a racer only has G60's that it shouldn't be a problem to run those as long as there is not a set tire rule, or they are running for UMP points. IMCA tires on a UMP point car might not look so good.

gears

we ran a 633 gear at farmington in our B-Mod and ran good.
Paul Will

We will be there on the 15th and see what happens after that.
Right now I am looking for another 633 gear I borrowed the gear last time.

The 27 and 27b cars from Fredericktown would like to run up there. We think you should allow alcohol though. There is no real advantage to it, it costs less, and makes the motors run cooler which equates to longer engine life. The actual UMP limited modified rules allow it, DRR and MCS dont. I dont see the big deal. I have heard the excuse of "this is a 'limited' class" Please, give me a break, UMP allows quick change rears, unlimited cast iron motors, highly modified carbs, and high dollar clutches. Whats the difference if I have my carburetor built for gas or alcohol? It costs the same money when it comes from the carb guy.
I just have a problem paying $7.00/gallon for race gas when I can buy methanol for $3.00/gallon.
Whatever you want to go with is your decision. I wont be on here whining and complaining either way, I have made my case. Although I would like to hear a solid reason why some are against it, other than "if you allow it, we arent coming"!
Thanks, Derek

fuel

I used to be against alcohol and used to gripe, but if we can get more cars and still be pretty equal I wouldn't complain. I know I am one person and Doe Run goes but MCS rules and all UMP rules. Who is sponsoring the race at farmington, Doe Run or UMP. You guys are good guys and I hope you get to come to Farmington. I'm not knocking Doe Run or anyone but it is more fun for the drivers and fans if there is alot of cars and thats what our class needs to do is grow. I know I stated last time if ran at Farmington we would not come if alcohol was aloud, but I have a different opinion now. I'm also for other tires from other tracks so they will come race with us. My opinion only sorry.
Paul Will

Quick Changes?

When did UMP start allowing quick changes in the limited mods? I was told at the start of the season (by a UMP representative not affiliated with any track) that there was no quick change allowed in the limited or sport mods. However now that I looked I don't see a rule written on it.
Derek
Never met you, but why do you go against the grain about this fuel thing. The question could be turned back to you as why don't you 4 or 5 maybe 6 cars conform to the gas fuel rule like the rest of the 100 or so cars around the area? As far as your argument as not being a power adder you are both right and wrong. If you take a well prepped good motor and switch it from gas to alky you probably won't see much of an increase in horsepower. However, you will see a significant change in the torque curve of the motor. It will come in much quicker. If you take a moderate motor and add alky you will see even more of a change and probably a few ponies to boot. So If your talking about everyone running perfectly degreed motors with all the elements such as timing, carbs, and timing being precisely tuned then there would be not much advantage with the alky. The problem with that is not everyone can afford all the nice components to make it work. The gas is a great equalizer of motors and generally makes a car easier to drive which should in turn reduce wrecks which saves everyone money. That is my side not "if you allow it we aren't coming" I think majority should rule.

Ken Huber
44H Huber Motorsports

Had alot of fun last time,even though we had a few problems,and i do miss running there. Count me in !!

jhalbert racing 11j

b-mod question

the UMP tracks i go too around here the A-mods run E-mod tires, is this the same for the B-mods as well? chris

Back