JYI new management

RBracing

What wood you want? Extreme bank -100% pay back-two sat. a month-no points-33 only rule - new hot shoot-new exit shoot- lower entry fees. lTell us what you want.:confused:

WOW what a can of worms!!

No drastic changes to the track! It's exc.the way it is! Now,heated & A/c pits are a must.FREE beer & hotdogs would be nice.Free entry for anyone driving more than 30miles to get there would be a kind gesture.
All BS aside,now is the time to start working on bringing JYI back to where it belongs! Anything I can do to help,just let me know.:D

I like racing at the yard. The track is a blast, and the staff have always been very friendly.

If money wasn't an issue I'd make these changes to the grounds.
a. better entry to and from the track
b. paved hot shoot
c. graveled pit area
d. better pit lighting
e. Open tire rule

The open tire rule keeps me from racing there more. I am going to race at Bedrock every Friday that I can, the track is 15 minutes from my house and I really like the people that run it and most of the racers.

I can't afford to be competitive at both tracks, if I've got to own two different brands of tires. It's hard enough to keep good rubber on the kart now. If I wanted to run both places I've got to double that effort. Not going to happen, unless I hit the lottery or find e some very good sponorship......speaking of sponsorship front running kart looking for sponsor to pick 100% cost of racing. Driver will run hard and attend races from here to Fla.

Now before everybody from JYI tries to "junk my ****", I'm not suggesting that JYI jump on the Burris tire rule. I am explaining why I don't race there very often.

The track is awesome the way it is! Maybe an asphalt hot shoot, but I'd leave the track alone. I'm always up for FREE BEER and HOT DOGS! :D

Justin

Extreme banking sounds cool! How would afford to run the track with 100% payback?

Two Saturdays a month would be perfect that way u r not stuck running every week for points or if u ran every Saturday only count two nights for points.

You could pay out 100% payback with the racers money easily if you have a spectater crowd which is what JY1 has.

I think U should have a Burris 33 tire rule, which in return Burris should kick the track money at the end of the year which would b even better.

Since you have a spectator crowd as it is, you should make more room for people to back their vehicles up to the fence! The little bit of room that you do have that allows for 6-8 vehicles between the flagstand and turn 4 is not enough! You have a wonderful place there. We made the 45 minute drive from Belleville several times last year as spectators and hopefully we will be making the drive this year as racers! It just s***** sometimes to drive that far and not get a place to pull a lawn chair out! That is enough of my whining for now. Keep up the good work. We had a great time last year!

Enough

IMO, one burris only track in the area is enough. Do what you think will make things better just keep an open tire rule.

the 100% payback will draw more karts and is a good idea. You should look into maybe buying some bleachers for the spectators. I think it should stay as an open tire rule. Everyone knows Maxxis tires last longer than burris and are faster and most people around here have them or can buy a good used set over the internet very cheap.
entry fee maybe $15.00
pit pass $8.00
gate fee $3.00
I would also like to see the track stay the same size. Good luck on your improvements.

I would like to see JYI go to Burris tires only. It would
keep the cost down for the racers. The open tire rule
is what keeps me from coming on a weekly basis.

Track

The track is excellent the way it is right now, fast and smooth. IMO, I like the open tire rule.
I had used Burris tires last season and had to buy a new set of tires this year. I purchased a set of Maxxis tires this season and I will be able to use them next season and still be competitive. IMO Maxxis tires are faster and last longer. So how does running Burris only keep the cost down for the drivers? Only tossing in my 2 pennies. It was excellent racing at JYI this year, track and staff were great.

We drive approx an hour to get to JYI and love the track. I have to agree with the open tire rule, I don't think a track should limit the drivers to what kind of tires to run. Keep it open and let people run what they want to.

Jyi

First of all, I would definately go back to the Junkyard as is,We LOVE it!
If we could change anything, I'd say look at NKA insurance to get pit passes down like BelleRive, but the big thing with that is THEY don't have to have those big foam blocks from hell. We hate the foam, they gotta go. Maybe that would be possible with thier insurance.
I also believe we have to keep the open tire rule to keep from loosing more racers to other tracks. Maybe we could set a certain compund rule for each brand ???
Better or louder speakers for the pits would be good, hard to hear in the back over all the noise.
Oh and one more thing TECH !!! OFTEN !!!. The ones that gripe about it, are the ones that know they wont pass. Doesnt have to big every time just something. Fuel then carb. then head then once in a while tear down at least 1st place.
Well, thanks for listening to us, and good luck with whatever you do.
See ya there!

The point is this.............two local tracks not following the same rules means double the cost for the racer who wants to run both.

Here's the real question. How does JYI get there kart count up?

No More Burris

No way would I go with Burris only!! Anyone who runs anything other than Burris tires know that Burris do not last near as long. That is why you have to invest so much, you need to replace them more to stay competitive which gets expensive!!! As far as Burris giving some to the track, that,s exactly where it would go, to the track owners!! The drivers don't get anything for running their tires. DO NOT CHANGE THE TRACK! Right now it's an easy 2 and sometimes 3 lane race track. You never see THAT at Belleville..
I agree with a sound system for the back pits, power and/or lighting in the back pits, maybe a paved hot shoot, but I really don't care for rock in the pits. We will be their next season no matter what. Lovin it better than Belleville.

We all know Burris tires are more expensive than maxxis tires. The people that want to win will be on new burris tires every month, so I don't see how it is going to be cheaper for the racer. I do know that if this is a burris only track The Burris Company will donate $1500.00 to $2000.00 to the track. It does help the track that way. I would just leave it as an open tire rule.

?

The point is this.............two local tracks not following the same rules means double the cost for the racer who wants to run both.

Here's the real question. How does JYI get there kart count up?

No dig at you personally Tobias, I understand about money being tight but I am sick of everybody coming on here and saying that the rules need to be changed so they don't have to spend money to compete, racing never has and never will be a good budget sport what about those of us that have already purchased tires that we will not have anywhere locally to run them. I have Burris and also Maxxis tires the Burris tires are over 1 1/2 seasons old and pretty much shot I have sets of Maxxis tires that we bought for my brother to run Tunica 3 years ago and they are still competitive. If money is the issue then I see Maxxis as the choice. The other point if you are going anywhere but the local tracks you are going to need Maxxis tires anyway. Also towards the end of the season JYI and Bedrocks kart counts were pretty much the same. Everybody have a good week.

Ideals

Maybe lower race fees. Fuel to buy at the track. Maybe a parts shed, to buys parts, gears, nuts and bolts ect. Get some local businesses to sponser the track. Louder speakers in back. More seating for spectators. Also maybe let spectators walk the pits and talk with racers, might get some young drivers interested. Have them out before the drivers meeting. Just a thought. Track is good, food is good. owners are good and the flagman is good (most of time) lol at Rich. Also open the back gate at the end of the night to let trailers out faster . Thanks for listening.

don't change anything rodney(maybe a little better pits), just run it the way you did a few years ago! 40-60 karts every week. everyone will complain from time to time, but they come back because you are straight forward with them and don't show favoritism!

As far as Burris giving some to the track, that,s exactly where it would go, to the track owners!! The drivers don't get anything for running their tires.

So the $1200 worth of gift certificates, 2 new right side tires, and rims that were passed out at the points banquet went to Bedrock?

Funny, I thought we got to keep them, Frank I'll return mine this week. :D

Back