Mcs Rules Meeting

Trashdog

On November 28, 2004 MCS will hold a rules meeting for the B-Modifieds, Street Stocks and Mini Stock divisions at in the meeting room behind Maggie's Cafe in New Florence, MO at 2:00PM.

2005 rules will be discussed(The Do's and The Don'ts).

Trashdog, do you happen to know of any sportsman changes? Such as rear suspension and a-frames? Just curious. That being Thanksgiving weekend, not sure if I can make it to the meeting.

They were talking about allowing 3 link rear suspension in the sportsman. What changes are they considering in the B-Mods? Allowing Berts????

After speaking with Mel about the Street stocks nothing is final. He is going to be open to listen to people's ideas. I would love to see some changes to make the track even with all the other tracks around but nothing is going to happen with out a great turn out of the drivers that our interested. We need new people to come and give their views on what would make them come out and race at MCS. Mel needs the class to grow but to get him to change somethings we need other drivers to show up and give their opinions. Please come out and try to make this happen with me.

Thanks,
Beau Davis

All mini stock drivers who plan on racing at MCS this season REALLY need to be at this meeting. Even if you are just thinking about building a new one.

Its Kind Of A No Brainer On The Sportsman. The Suspension Is Whats Killing Them. All Stl Area Tracks Allow 3-links And Aftermarket A-arms. The Best Way To Lure Some Of Those Guys Would Be To Allow Them. Just Because They Allow Them Doesn't Mean The Guys Who Race Out There And Don't Change Will Be Out Classed. The I55 Champ And The Godfrey Champ Ran 4 Link Rear Suspension.

Andy,

I know what your saying about it being a no brainer. I feel the best way to get the rules changed is by having enough other drivers there expressing their interest in racing at MCS to show Mel that he can grow his car count by changing the rules. If only the locals show up I feel the general concern in the room will be losing racers....by changing the rules.

PITDRIFTER said:
Its Kind Of A No Brainer On The Sportsman. The Suspension Is Whats Killing Them. All Stl Area Tracks Allow 3-links And Aftermarket A-arms. The Best Way To Lure Some Of Those Guys Would Be To Allow Them. Just Because They Allow Them Doesn't Mean The Guys Who Race Out There And Don't Change Will Be Out Classed. The I55 Champ And The Godfrey Champ Ran 4 Link Rear Suspension.
I can think of several drivers who talked about racing at MCS this year but didn't because of the things mentioned above. I can think of several nights that SFCR and/or Pevely rained out and several of those guys would have made the trip to Mel's track but didn't have the stuff to change their cars or didn't want to mess with it. Also, there are nights throughout the season that Pevely and SFCR don't run the Sportsman class (for whatever reason) that Mel could draw in a large car count. I agree that the best way to lure some of the other drivers in is to allow the 3-link and the aftermarket A-arms.

Crystal Thats True. There Are At Least 2 Nights Each Season The Sportsman Don't Run At I55. Thats When The Outlaws Are There. Not Sure How Many At Sfcr. Plus Mcs Is A Little Ways Out There. There Are Times When Tracks Closer To Stl Get Weathered Out And They Still Run. Who Knows If It Will Cause A Car Count Jump On A Weekly Basis. But, Several Times A Year It Will. Nevertheless, I Definitely Don't Think It Would Hurt. It Will Be Another Option For The Racers. Thats Always A Good Thing.

The Next Issue Would Be Tires. They Run Streetstock Tires At Mcs. If They Open Up The Suspension Rules That Would Free Up Allied And Farmington Cars To Come. But, Cars From Godfrey, Tcs, And Highland Would Face The Tire Issue Because They Run E-mods There.

If They Went To E-mods At Mcs Then The Situation Would Be Reversed. The Allied And Farmington Cars Could Still Come But Would Have A Lesser Tire.

Possible Options Would Be To..........

1. Stay With Current Tire Rules. If You Want To Run Buy Them???

2. Allow Guys To Run E-mods And Penalize Them With Extra Weight???

3. Change To E-mods And Give Weight Break To Guys Who Come In With Streetstock Tires????

4. Allow A Guy To Run E-mods With Weight Penalty 2 Times. 3rd Time At Tracks Must Have Streetstock Tires. This Would Require Someone Keeping Track???

Man I Think Too Much??? :D

I know We'd like to see some sportsman changes then we'd have 2 cars there several times a year... I liked MCS would like to go back again as long as the sportsman rules are changed abit... :) Can you hear me MEL !!!!! LOL!!!!! ;)

Since when can you go by "what you've heard?" Then when everyone gets there they change a tire rule or allow something that you were totally against. But because you decided not to go because of "what you heard" you'll have nobody to blame but yourself!

Mell told me its up to whats said and done at the meeting so I would say GO GO GO he needs to change the street stock rules!!!!!!

smokingjoe said:
Mell told me its up to whats said and done at the meeting so I would say GO GO GO he needs to change the street stock rules!!!!!!
IF THATS TRUE, GUYS INTERESTED IN RUNNING MCS NEED TO BE THERE!!!

Back