Rousch Crying About Toyota's

ALCOHOL

#1 Rule Bender
On ESPN.com,,Jack is making statements about Toyota's envolvement in Nascar. He is whining about the money that Toyota is spending on the sport and he is really whining about them being a "foreign" company. I need to send him an e-mail and tell him where some of his Ford parts are made at. Isn't Canada and Mexico considered "foreign"? Poor baby may have to dig in his front pocket for more $ to keep his help from leaving to a Toyota team.

he is crying and the season hasn't even started besides he knew they were coming too bad jack gotta jump in my geo

Crying and campainging to get an advantage and or cause someone else to lose theirs is all part of the game isn't it? And I don't think Jack is too worried about spending money, he has plenty of it!

does it really matter anyway? Before too long the cars will all be identical, well i guess some of them will have different colors!

I beg to differ, Jack made Jack famous. It was long before he came to NASCAR. Anybody that starts out in a 2 car garage with a valve grinder and pretty much blew everybody away in Pro Stock NHRA racing back in the early 70's has a lot going for them. And to come to NASCAR and accomplish what he did with the help of Mark and others has my admiration!

I beg to differ, Jack made Jack famous. It was long before he came to NASCAR. Anybody that starts out in a 2 car garage with a valve grinder and pretty much blew everybody away in Pro Stock NHRA racing back in the early 70's has a lot going for them. And to come to NASCAR and accomplish what he did with the help of Mark and others has my admiration!
.As stated above Jack is a self made man, and he is not the only one crying about Toyota. Anyone know where Toyota profits go? is it back to Japan? Just curious.

Pot calling the kettle black, eh? Now he knows how everybody feels about him. Nobody spends the money on development of equipment and drivers like he does, or they didnt use to anyway.

Sounds like he found a investor to help him.

Automakers' struggles affecting NASCAR By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports Writer
2 hours, 8 minutes ago

CONCORD, N.C. - When asked about Ford Motor Co.'s announcement that it lost a record $12.7 billion last year, the director of Dodge's racing program cringes as if he just swallowed a swig of motor oil.

These aren't the best of times for the U.S. auto industry, and the effects are starting to trickle down to NASCAR. Folks in the race team shops sprinkled throughout suburban Charlotte are worried about tightening their belts _ and not just the ones on their engines.

Mike Accavitti, director of Dodge Motorsports and SRT Product Planning, said teams must start finding ways to become more efficient.

"I've always contended that if it's a money-burning contest, you've got the wrong partner," Accavitti said. "I don't want to say we're cheap, but we never really had a lot of money to just throw at things."

In an attempt to stop long-standing rumors that Dodge was considering pulling out of NASCAR entirely, Accavitti made a firm public commitment to the sport during NASCAR's preseason media tour Thursday.

"Dodge is here to stay," he said.

But not here to go on a wild spending spree.

At a time when NASCAR teams are making major increases to their research and development budgets to deal with changes in the sport, asking automakers to chip in even more money is a tough sell.

"It's hard to get more, because let's face it: Right now, business is not great," said Dodge team owner Ray Evernham.

Evernham certainly could use the money. He and other teams are developing the so-called Car of Tomorrow, NASCAR's new chassis design that could be more cost-effective for teams in the long run but is costing them millions to design and build right now.

Evernham also must keep an eye on Toyota, which is entering its first year in the Nextel Cup and has caused widespread concern that they will drive up the cost of racing.

In response, Evernham said Dodge has redistributed some of its racing budget, spending less on advertising and more on research and development.

"(They've) cut some of the frills so they could put more money into the engineering and development so they can make the cars go faster, so I applaud them for that," Evernham said.

Dodge also offers teams technical help, including wind tunnel time and manufacturing expertise. They hope to help teams improve their performance without boosting their budgets _ much like the automakers themselves are trying to do.

"I think the sport here is at a transition point," Accavitti said. "It's going to become more of getting the most you can for that dollar, rather than just throwing more dollars at it."

Contracts between automakers and teams are closely held secrets, but run well into the millions and can make up close to 20 percent of a team's racing budget. Without that money, a team wouldn't be able to survive in the long term.

Roush Racing president Geoff Smith said despite Ford's overall financial difficulties, he has never heard anything from the company's senior management that would indicate that the company is wavering in its commitment to NASCAR.

In fact, team owner Jack Roush talked Ford into increasing its support of the team this year. Roush said on Wednesday that Ford is paying some of the additional $10 million Roush says he had to add to his research and development budget.

Smith sees that as an indication that Ford won't pull out of NASCAR just because times are tough.

"Absolutely," Smith said. "They'd be foolish to be investing and helping us shore up our engineering infrastructure if they weren't committed to being in NASCAR."

But Ford also announced Wednesday that it was pulling the plug on its sponsorship of the Champ Car racing series _ an indication that the company might have chosen to help Roush at a lesser series' expense.

Despite the tough times, Smith said he is confident that Ford will recover.

"You're going to have these unfortunate fluxes in who's on top with their product," Smith said.

But Roush also is nearing a deal to sell up to 50 percent of his team to an investor group headed by Boston Red Sox owner John Henry, a move that would allow them to boost their budget.

Evernham said he's looking for a business partner, too.

"No matter what we try and do, the expense is going up and up and up, and I need to concentrate on competition," Evernham said. "And find a partner that plays golf with billionaires so they can bet on shots and get us some money."

.As stated above Jack is a self made man, and he is not the only one crying about Toyota. Anyone know where Toyota profits go? is it back to Japan? Just curious.

Anyone know where Dodge's profits go?

Isn't it back to Germany? That's where Diamler/Chrysler is located.

No different than Toyota

Here are some Diamler/Chrysler facts

The largest shareholder in DaimlerChrysler today is the Emirate of Kuwait, with 7.2%. Followed by Deutsche Bank, with just under 5%. The 3rd largest shareholder is the Emirate of Dubai, with just over 2% of DaimlerChrysler shares.

Breaking the shareholdings by region:

47.5% Germany
26.7% Other Europe
16.5% USA
9.3% Rest of the World

the way i see it is toyota is throwing alot of money at lower tier drivers because the big names are still under contract.when the bigger names are up for a new deal it could really raise the cost.roush wasnt the guy who started the big expenditures in nascar that was hendrick with his three cars then cal wells started bringing engineers in from cart,then everybody started having engineers and car chiefs etc.btw it must kill some of you people that roush has had the success that he really earned.it was just a shame that he couldnt have won a championship with mark martin who I think is one of the greatest drivers.

Rousch is takin on partners

I don't like the whole idea of the 6 or 7 car teams, i am glad that Nascar dropped the limit down to i belive 4 teams someone can own. But look at this, Rousch may have alot of money but the person he is teaming up with has alot more, http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/01/24/jroush.jhenry.sale/index.html
Seems like everyone is wanting to try and outspend each other, wish it would go back to the days of Junie Dunlevey, they also have a nice article on him too.

And I guess Saki is as American as Bud Light? I don't like rice burners in Craftsman truck,won't like them in Nextel either.Plain and simple,I just don't like rice burners. JMO

As one certain Cup driver puts it,Toyota is just as American as Ford or Chevy..

And I guess Saki is as American as Bud Light? I don't like rice burners in Craftsman truck,won't like them in Nextel either.Plain and simple,I just don't like rice burners. JMO
Just the same as Fords, I don't like Fords, I will not sit in a Ford ,I even won't let any of my friends and relatives drive a Ford(We're a GM family)..

Very Ignorant!!

That was a very ignorant comment. Whether you like Jack Roush or not, he is far from a NOBODY! I personally do not care for him, but no one can dispute his success and what he has accomplished for the sport.
DEREK

the biggest complaint i have heard down here is that toyotas intake is much better than all other makes! but that is the way nascar operates if you bring alot of money you will win! the only thing that all the other teams have going for them is that toyota doesnt have any good drivers!

On ESPN.com,,Jack is making statements about Toyota's envolvement in Nascar. He is whining about the money that Toyota is spending on the sport and he is really whining about them being a "foreign" company. I need to send him an e-mail and tell him where some of his Ford parts are made at. Isn't Canada and Mexico considered "foreign"? Poor baby may have to dig in his front pocket for more $ to keep his help from leaving to a Toyota team.

Toyota manufacturers some of their cars in California.

Back